Preorders Have Started. (Previously named starts in two hours)

I'm also wondering if they are aware that 4gb version cost 30€ more mecause it's written nowhere on the preorder page, there is a price difference between mobile and standard version on the preorder page but not between 4gb and 2gb.
Indeed. While most of us here might be aware of the price difference in the final payment, people who are not following the boards may think "If it costs the same, I take more".

It's almost sure that there will be a black or dark grey version since most people want that.

It's not surprising that people who want the best will go for 4gb version since people tend to think that more is better. It's like if there were a 1080p version, the majority would buy 1080p if they can afford it while it's a very stupid choice IMO.
I'm also wondering if they are aware that 4gb version cost 30€ more because it's written nowhere on the preorder page, there is a price difference between mobile and standard version on the preorder page but not between 4gb RAM and 2gb RAM.

The full prices are listed though, just not at the top of the page.

ED does need to fix the pre-order pages though. It's not obvious what the full price is, and it's not obvious that the pre-order prices are deposits and not the full amount. It's pretty bad that those details are in smaller print down in the middle of the details section. Lets be honest here, the way it is now, people can easily think the Pre-order price is the full price.

Pre-orders so far:

Standard 2GB: 3
Standard 4GB: 87
Mobile US 2GB: 1
Mobile US 4GB: 46
Mobile EU 2GB: 1
Mobile EU 4GB: 132

Total: 270 pre-ordered units in ~14 hours, that's almost 20 pre-orders per hour !

EDIT: that's 2k pre-ordered units in ~4 days !

Great start :)

Cheers, Magic Sam

Why would someone who is located "everywhere" like you care about North American mobile coverage? ☺
Because the US is part of everywhere, and that model only gets made if enough people preorder it. Shouldn't everyone everywhere have a chance to get a 4G Pyra?

Im a bit worried about the preeorders,
Its no bad start, but since today morning whe stick in the 200des,
Half day is over but only 70 sold..
The 200 where sold in the night and in about 7 hours..
Something seems to break the preeorders..

Aside from whether 2GB or 4GB is the better choice in isolation, there are disadvantages to having a minority hardware configuration. I assumed I would be in the majority when I ordered it, and would definitely want to switch if it stays like this.
When it comes to 2 or 4 GB RAM there is no point in worrying about being in the minority. ED must decide, whether it makes sence to produce them at all, but if you're concerned about support software-wise, there's no difference.

ED does need to fix the pre-order pages though. It's not obvious what the full price is, and it's not obvious that the pre-order prices are deposits and not the full amount. It's pretty bad that those details are in smaller print down in the middle of the details section. Lets be honest here, the way it is now, people can easily think the Pre-order price is the full price.
I also think ED needs to put "DOWNPAYMENT" in the name of the preorders, and make it clear there is a price difference between the 2GB and 4GB models. I didn't notice this while looking and reading.

@matzesu That's what you get, when opening pre-orders, people were waiting for. You get a qick start and then it slows down. Let's just hope it doesn't slow down to a stop, and further that it will pick up again, when advertisements, previews and such get launched.

Last edited:
Im a bit worried about the preeorders,
Its no bad start, but since today morning whe stick in the 200des,
Half day is over but only 70 sold..
The 200 where sold in the night and in about 7 hours..
Something seems to break the preeorders..
It is still early morning in most of the US.

I also think ED needs to put "DOWNPAYMENT" in the name of the preorders, and make it clear there is a price difference between the 2GB and 4GB models. I didn't notice this while looking and reading.

Yes, what it should say next to the large price figure is Down Payment as you say, it should also say FullPrice is xxxEuro ex VAT, xxxxEuro Inc VAT

That's what you get, when opening pre-orders, people were waiting for. You get a qick start and then it slows down. Let's just hope it doesn't slow down to a stop, and further that it will pick up again, when advertisements, previews and such get launched.
I noticed no one mentioned the preorders at LinuxQuestions.org. I only lurk there, so maybe someone that is more established can mention it so it doesn't seem like spam.

And that means I still have a voucher for a second Pyra at links shop. Jeez this happened last time too- I ended up with 3 pandoras, 2 of which I sold.
I'll sell the Pyra from links shop in the future. I could not wait that long for a Pyra.
[doublepost=1462076188,1462076155][/doublepost]Bedtime...

Couldn't wait uh? LOL!

I'm glad you got in after all, sadly I just didn't have the funds currently. It's looking like I'll have to wait and use my voucher down the road at some point. Hopefully Link gets some decent qty's shortly after release and I won't have to wait to long. Although I better avoid any upcoming video's, as there is no telling what may happen if I see the Pyra greatness in action, I may have to give in as well.

Chris

I was one of the early 2GB ones (impression I'd got from the forum the last few days is there's hardly any use for 4GB), looked at the stock numbers a bit later, and everyone has changed their mind and gone for 4GB - did I make a mistake?

I didn't think 4GB was necessary, but if I have the option, of course I am going to get it.

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused - will those of us who put money into the various kick starters be hearing from you, ED, or do we sort of have to fend for ourselves on this? I'm not bothered either way, but I do remember there being a talk that the kickstarter funds were going to be applied to us, somehow - in case anyone knows for sure, please PM me ..

Back