Release PPSSPP, Emulator for PSP

Edit: Deleted for the sake of ontopicness.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I synced the sources, and added back the (hugly) downscale option. I don't do any filtering on the downscale texture, so it look very pixelated. I don't rescale texture when size < 16.

Enjoy some more parameters to play with (there is also a a few FrameBuffer parameters to play with).

Build 26

----------

• In sync with git sources
  • putted back the downscale of texture option.

I tried running from the terminal and testing Danganronpa again, and I get the following message after the crash:

*** glibc detected *** ./PPSSPPSDL: malloc(): memory corruption: 0x00b1cf80 ***

And of course, the address at the end varies each time I try. Does this mean something's getting corrupted in relation to SDL?

That mean there is a memory corruption in PPSSPPSDL, which is PPSSPP. Did you use the downscale texture, or is it the same regardless of the parameters?

Stupid question time (as last night is my first time using this emulator), I have 2 games currently installed for this (LocoRoco Midnight Carnival and Ghosts and Goblins). With both games, if I bring up the the in-game options menu and try to change any options, onve I press the apply button, the normal mouse pointer reappears, I can't get back to the game itself not hill the app, and I have to reset my Pandora. If I go into that menu and don't change anything, it'll allow me to exit fine. I'm using a 1gig Pandora with the latest SuperZaxxon updates and the recommended beta SGX driver.

I tried Yesterday for a Hour or so on the Rebirth Pandora.

It seem that the Texture Scaling Function work not right,

Tried many Settings Yesterday to get Mana Khemia Run,but it start only short and break then.

I made a unofficial Video from the Error maybe it help you a Little.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/E9t-auZOL_0?feature=oembed
(its uploading,it should work in 20 Minutes)

That mean there is a memory corruption in PPSSPPSDL, which is PPSSPP. Did you use the downscale texture, or is it the same regardless of the parameters?
You mean scale texture and select 1/2? That doesn't seem to change its behavior.

Ah i forgot to write:

Without ZRAM have we realy lesser Slowdowns,then recommend i to disable it:

Sudo swapoff /dev/zram0

But Texture scaling have i with and without Zram tested and ever broke.

When the Games should be a little little faster,then try to start PPSSPP from Mini Menu :)

And on Rebirth Pandora help a lot to execute this:

Sudo /usr/pandora/scripts/op_sysspeed 375

Work stable here with opp5 and 1 GHZ overclocked Rebirth Pandora.

I hope the Informations in the Video help you a little Ptitseb ;)

You do so much for us all,but dont forget to rest and make little Pause here and there ;)

Ingo, don't post a video.

go into tmp and upload the pndrun_out file for ppsspp.

That's what the devs need.

And thanks for the zram hint.

I always disliked it as it might slow things down.

I will do ;)

Logs wil come and btw have we here a Spoiler Function?

I never found that in this Forum,even not in Full Edit.

No spoiler function in the editor.

Type

[spolier]

Text

[/spolier]

(Of course it has to be spoiler instead of spolier but then you could not see the structure

That's what it looks like in the end:

Text

Many Thx,then is the PPSSPP PND Runout in this Spoiler ;)

=======================================================================================
PND             : /media/SPIELE/pandora/desktop/PPSSPP.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/SPIELE/pandora/appdata/PPSSPP
APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : runscript.sh
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/PPSSPP"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/SPIELE/pandora/appdata/PPSSPP=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/PPSSPP=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/PPSSPP"
[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh  ) ----------
--------------------------------------------------------------
Setting PATH to /mnt/utmp/PPSSPP/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games
--------------------------------------------------------------
Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /mnt/utmp/PPSSPP/lib:/lib:/usr/lib
I: /media/SEBEXT/sources/git/ppsspp/native/file/zip_read.cpp:227: I: Registered VFS for prefix : assets/
I: /media/SEBEXT/sources/git/ppsspp/native/file/zip_read.cpp:227: I: Registered VFS for prefix : /mnt/utmp/PPSSPP/home/
I: /media/SEBEXT/sources/git/ppsspp/UI/NativeApp.cpp:251: I: Logman: 0x9a2600
I: /media/SEBEXT/sources/git/ppsspp/native/gfx/texture.cpp:235: I: ZIM loaded: 1 levels
I: /media/SEBEXT/sources/git/ppsspp/native/gfx/texture.cpp:266: I: Gen-binding texture
Pixels: 800 x 480
Virtual pixels: 800 x 480
I: /media/SEBEXT/sources/git/ppsspp/native/ui/screen.cpp:32: I: Screen switch! Top of the stack switches.
I: /media/SEBEXT/sources/git/ppsspp/native/ui/screen.cpp:32: I: Screen switch! Top of the stack switches.
E: /media/SEBEXT/sources/git/ppsspp/native/ui/screen.cpp:50: E: Deleting screen
W: /media/SEBEXT/sources/git/ppsspp/native/file/file_util.cpp:193: W: IsDirectory: stat failed on
I: /media/SEBEXT/sources/git/ppsspp/UI/MenuScreens.cpp:1973: I: //media/SPIELE/roms
I: /media/SEBEXT/sources/git/ppsspp/UI/MenuScreens.cpp:1978: I: Selected: 10 : //media/SPIELE/3Mana_Khemia_Student_Alliance.cso
I: /media/SEBEXT/sources/git/ppsspp/Core/HW/atrac3plus.cpp:152: I: Attempting to load atrac3plus decoder from /mnt/utmp/PPSSPP/lib/libat3plusdecoder.so
I: /media/SEBEXT/sources/git/ppsspp/Core/HW/atrac3plus.cpp:158: I: Successfully loaded atrac3plus decoder from /mnt/utmp/PPSSPP/lib/libat3plusdecoder.so
I: /media/SEBEXT/sources/git/ppsspp/native/gfx_es2/fbo.cpp:178: I: Creating 480 x 272 FBO using separate stencil
./runscript.sh: line 72:  4069 Floating point exception./PPSSPPSDL $@
[sUCCESS]--- Starting the application ( runscript.sh  ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/PPSSPP': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[sUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 2

Help alot with Error Messages,thx ;)

@ Ptitseb:

Its not a SGX Driver related Problem i tried now differrent Drivers.

But dont hurry,everyone need a Rest ^_^

Just overclocked the gpu too high  sorry guys.

Edit: Thank you ptitseb for doing so much cool stuff for us :)

You find the PPSSPP PndRunout in /tmp :)

In the Moment is Ptitseb in Holiday,i think he will search the Error soon,but first:

Nice Holiday Ptitseb ;)

Thank you for doing so much for us all ;D

Official website:

0.9 will arrive in mid-August (in about two weeks), with full automap support for nVidia Shield controls. Will also try to get the Ouya version out slightly after, also with automatically mapped gamepad controls. Shield runs PPSSPP quite well, many games reach full speed and are extremely playable with the excellent hardware controls. Of course, all other Android devices with gamepads will work too, in some cases you might have to tweak the button mapping manually though.

Also, I've done quite a bit of work on the JITs for 0.9, so expect a modest to large speed boost too on all platforms, especially ARM-based ones - plus some additional compatibility.
New hope for us.

Maybe it's already released before Gamescom.

ptitSeb, please keep an eye on it :) .

I compiled a version 2 days ago, and yes, it is promising! I notice some speed gain, but it was a bit unstable so I didn't released it. I'll probably do a new build this Weekend, the new auto Frameskipping code looks promising too :)

Official website:

0.9 will arrive in mid-August (in about two weeks), with full automap support for nVidia Shield controls. Will also try to get the Ouya version out slightly after, also with automatically mapped gamepad controls. Shield runs PPSSPP quite well, many games reach full speed and are extremely playable with the excellent hardware controls. Of course, all other Android devices with gamepads will work too, in some cases you might have to tweak the button mapping manually though.

Also, I've done quite a bit of work on the JITs for 0.9, so expect a modest to large speed boost too on all platforms, especially ARM-based ones - plus some additional compatibility.
New hope for us.

Maybe it's already released before Gamescom.

ptitSeb, please keep an eye on it :) .

I compiled a version 2 days ago, and yes, it is promising! I notice some speed gain, but it was a bit unstable so I didn't released it. I'll probably do a new build this Weekend, the new auto Frameskipping code looks promising too :)
Interesting ;)

Back