Release PPSSPP, Emulator for PSP

Hmmm, I appreciate the pointer.

I'm not reall quite sure what an "SGX Driver" is or what it does, or why any of these others are better than the apparent default?

I'm not really into the theory or anything else.  There is not really a ton I want to play on PSP anyway, really, but I'd sure like to get Ultimate Ghosts N Goblins working right!

Note that I'm on a Rebirth.

If I was to re-download what is now the latest version (note I reverted to an older version because of the "Hardware Transform Error" message) - what settings, what SGX Driver...what everything...should I actually be using to make the stuff I want to work right...work right?

The stuff I'm interested in...is generally not too very graphics-intense, like many of your fighting games can be...things like Ghosts 'N Goblins, Bomberman, etc...that is the sort of stuff that interests me, that I'd like to have work.  Maybe a few driving games would be nice, too.

That's basically where I'd like to get to with PPSSPP.  But, as I say, I do not really have the time to go searching for "answers" all over the place...especially when I do not know if the "answers" I find will be pertinent or even help.

I do run my own business, and often work twelve hours a day.  So, for me...for a low-priority item like PPSSPP I really would prefer to just simply get spoon-fed the answers, because I do not have the time to devote to it...nor the inclination to devote that time to it.  Not when I have no idea if what I will find on my own will even help...or relate to my own problems.

I'm so dumb at this computer stuff, I have no idea how I even go about posting a screenshot, much less a video...of my own gameplay so that anyone can see where I'm at.

I'm sorry, I'm just really stupid with this stuff...I just want to play games and I just want things to work.  I'm not a tinkerer or a fixer.  I just like things to work.  I do not want to tune it up, asnd I do not want to mess with gear ratios...I just want to turn the key and drive, if you get my drift.

Now.. because i'm too lazy too look through 32 pages of content.. Is there an Atrac3+ plugin that works on the Pandora in conjunction with PPSSPP yet?

*Long Wall of Text.*
I have the perfect solution for your problems.

Sounds like you need a PSP and not a Pandora.

The Pandora does not seem to be the right device for you.

Also I feel kinda offended by your remark about how you can't be bothered to research yourself and you want to be "spoonfed", 

this is not how the world works, I didn't go to school and said:

"I'm totally interested in this maths stuff and such, but can't someone just do all the work and thinking for me? I do other work all day long so just do it!"

For a few weeks there was kinda a similar situation on the python-mailing list, a greek person who wanted everyone to do his work, if you are subscribed to the mailing list you know what I mean.

Anyway, Back to topic. Good work porting this ptitseb, keep going.

Steveway, I am offended by your comments.

The Pandora has been a wonderful device for me.  But, before things get released, or WHEN they get released...things should be spelled out as to exactly how to make it work to opptimum levels, or such things should be set as the default.

Not everyone is born knowing this stuff.

And, as I work twelve hour days running my own business, I do not have the time to go looking for answers...especially when I do not even know if the "answers" I find are pertinent to my problem, or that I can even understand them.

I installed dingux on a dingoo, all by myself...BECAUSE SOMEONE HAD THE COURTESY TO MAKE A "INSTALLING DINGUX FOR COMPLETE IDIOTS" guide.

And that is what I am asking for here.  Simply, a "Optimizing PPSSPP For Complete Idiots Guide"

Now if you cannot help, or offer anything constructive...and all you can do is render judgement, sarcasm, negativity, and cruelty - maybe you should just zip your fucking lip.

And ShleeDragon, I am no longer a Mod.  I resigned that position, because of bullcrap given to me by certain people.  It was a thankless job, and I decided I did not have the time to devote to it, if all I was going to get was grief.

Bottom libe, developers...if you want more people to USE your devs...instead of just giving up in frustration...how about making them a little easier for average people...or provide guides for how to optimize your devs...and quit assuming everyone else is as clever as you are.

Because PPSSPP is one that I would almost as soon just plain give up on, because it is too hard to figure out.

And that is what I am asking for here.  Simply, a "Optimizing PPSSPP For Complete Idiots Guide"

Because PPSSPP is one that I would almost as soon just plain give up on, because it is too hard to figure out.
Well, yeah, that's why it's an early beta version.

It's basically an unfinished product that's intended for people who know a bit more about these things to find and report bugs.

It's not yet a finished version intended for the end-user.

That will take quite a while, but I'm sure at one time all you need to do is throw a game into it and that's it.

So no one is interested in doing such a guide. It would just be unnecessary work - as it will not be needed anymore when the emulator is ready to use for everyone.

And that is what I am asking for here. Simply, a "Optimizing PPSSPP For Complete Idiots Guide"
That's impossible.

For now every game needs some other settings to run at it's best way.

As EvilDragon said, this is early Beta and you should not expect things to be easy.

BTW: I've never expected to see PSP that playable on Pandora.

So whatever runs makes me happy.

The Pandora has been a wonderful device for me.  But, before things get released, or WHEN they get released...things should be spelled out as to exactly how to make it work to opptimum levels, or such things should be set as the default.

I'd state that nobody is born knowing this stuff - we had to study to get the hang of it, and now when encountering something we don't understand we apply skills like logic and analysis and research to get a handle on it so we don't end up looking like self-important, entitled morons when we eventually need to ask for help.

And, as I work twelve hour days running my own business, I do not have the time to go looking for answers...especially when I do not even know if the "answers" I find are pertinent to my problem, or that I can even understand them.

I installed dingux on a dingoo, all by myself...BECAUSE SOMEONE HAD THE COURTESY TO MAKE A "INSTALLING DINGUX FOR COMPLETE IDIOTS" guide.

I may write such a guide; you will be uppermost in my mind when I do. Happy?

Now if you cannot help, or offer anything constructive...and all you can do is render judgement, sarcasm, negativity, and cruelty - maybe you should just zip your fucking lip.

And ShleeDragon, I am no longer a Mod.  I resigned that position, because of bullcrap given to me by certain people.  It was a thankless job, and I decided I did not have the time to devote to it, if all I was going to get was grief.
That's not what happened, you did not quit.

Bottom libe, developers...if you want more people to USE your devs...instead of just giving up in frustration...how about making them a little easier for average people...or provide guides for how to optimize your devs...and quit assuming everyone else is as clever as you are.

I take it Kumaki's no longer moderated before posting then, if this is getting through. Shame that ... can't seem to help ...self. Maybe another ban is needed so things can settle down?

D.

Hi Kumaki, nice to e-meet you.

Just like you, I'm not a developer. I have basic coding skills that won't take me really far apart from designing a website. I think the guys were referring to the way you were phrasing your help request. Just like you, I'm also quite busy and I'm guessing most of the awesome pandora crew is as well. 

I'd say it takes me quite a longer time to get things done on my pandora as I'm not as tech savvy as most of the guys here. 

So, we have a lot in common.

Having said that, I start all my posts with a certain sense of respect, admiration and gratitude for people like PtitSeb, Ingoreis or Mcobit as it's them who really make the magic happen... for free... on top of anything they have to do, which I imagine involves earning money to pay for a roof and food.

And for me to keep my love strong for my Pandora, I need them to keep on doing exactly what they're doing right now.. Which is building awesome stuff for us, the regular users. 

And I would not undermine the work you've done as a mod, I wasn't part of the forum then, but I'm sure you've brought your share of work as well. 

So, I'll just say that I'd be more than happy to start a sticky thread for "dummys" where users like us can help each other? That would probably save a lot of frustration from both ends?  

Please stop that, please.

I don't want such a discussion in this thread.

No need for a discussion which leads to nothing.

Please stop that, please.

I don't want such a discussion in this thread.

No need for a discussion which leads to nothing.
It's kinda my fault.

I had a feeling that I wasn't the only one frustrated by Kumakis behavior and her last message before mine

"brachte das Fass zum überlaufen" (was the last straw or similar in english).

My general grumpy writing-style and this frustration steered my post to be written a bit aggressive,

to provoke a reaction.

The intended reaction was that Kumaki would start thinking about her behavior, but I guess my tone was too aggressive

and triggered a rage-filled response:

Kumaki said:
maybe you should just zip your fucking lip.
I guess that's all I had to say, since I was involved with the (re)start of this topic.

I would want to say something about PPSSPP to help continue with that but I currently don't really have anything to say,

so anyone can feel free to chime in on that.

Well, yeah, that's why it's an early beta version.

It's basically an unfinished product that's intended for people who know a bit more about these things to find and report bugs.

It's not yet a finished version intended for the end-user.

That will take quite a while, but I'm sure at one time all you need to do is throw a game into it and that's it.

So no one is interested in doing such a guide. It would just be unnecessary work - as it will not be needed anymore when the emulator is ready to use for everyone.
My apologies then.

I did not understand that this was an early Beta project which will become much more user-friendly to idiots like me later.

I am glad this work is being done, but perhaps maybe on the REPO it should be listed as BETA - Not For Novices, or some such....so that you know what to expect.

I never meant to offend Pitiseb, the person doing this project, I think it is great.

Now, see, guys, if you want a certain reaction from me, then take a cue from EvilDragon, he chose the correct way to address my question, and addressed me in a polite, respectful way.

Steveway, mcobit, and to some degree, ZXDunny...failed to do this.  Hence the aggressive reaction.

Would it have been so difficult for people to be NICE?  And simply explain to me this was a work in progress...and that different games require some different settings...and then direct me to the best universal settings, and explain what each setting does, so that if one chooses to tinker, at least then they know WHAT they are tinkering with?  Is that so much to ask?

I apologize if I came off the wrong way to some people...but I bet I get no apology in kind from the people who were rude and cruel to me!

Can we delete/cut out the unrelevant personal Posts?

We try to Test and Report PPSSPP related Things here.

When there is such a Discussion,i try ever to stay out of that Discussion.

However is my english so bad that i cant discuss in english :)

To all : Make Love,no War,we are all Humans :)

And some Things can often be missunderstand because the writer mean often other Things or meaned that not so aregssive like others understand.

But hey now back to Ontopic :D

I have now working End and i am @ homeway.

I am curious about testing PPSSPP without Zram and hope for lesser Slowdowns.

And i try more Games this Evening :)

@ Ptitseb:

When you choose in Dev Settings (new Gui) then have you after restart PPSSPP a wonderfull new Gui with a:

Save Settings per Game Function :D

Yehaahhh :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Ptitseb:

When you choose in Dev Settings (new Gui) then have you after restart PPSSPP a wonderfull new Gui with a:

Save Settings per Game Function :D

Yehaahhh :)
that's great. I have to check if the alpha hack is saved by games (or may be you can test). I'll still have to work on the downscale texture function (and will be better with the per game save).

Back