Release PPSSPP, Emulator for PSP

Ok, it's compiled... And new version looks good.

Oh, is that fonts and background in Disidia 012? :p   screenshot1.png And with Alpha Hack enabled, you can see combat too screenshot2.png (strange that Alpha Hack actualy fixe it). I'll upload it soon and go to bed, I am tired (almost 2 am here).

New build on the repo. Build 25 has a fixe for PowerVR with color testing. That fixes some old bugs (like missing texture in Disidia 012 or transparent bikes in MotoGP, probably a lot's of other).

Build 25

----------

• In sync with git sources
  • fixes for PowerVR, enjoy more compatibility.

New build on the repo. Build 25 has a fixe for PowerVR with color testing. That fixes some old bugs (like missing texture in Disidia 012 or transparent bikes in MotoGP, probably a lot's of other).

Build 25

----------

Thanks so much for all your work PtitSeb!

I've noticed that the games I run are slower since the last two updates, did you notice that too?... though the videos are faster now. 

Dssidia works much better now :) .

If I enable Sound the Load menu might be messed up and I have to restart the game.

No problems without sound.

Last edited by a moderator:

If I enable Sound the Load menu might be messed up and I have to restart the game.

Oh? Strange, I have sound and haven't any problem loading. It blink a bit, but it's not messed up (frameskip at 5 and  no Framebuffer).

Build 25

----------

I've noticed that the games I run are slower since the last two updates, did you notice that too?... though the videos are faster now. 
No, not really. I always test Ridge Racer 2, and it's still the same speed. I have fixed the CPU speed to 222MHz, have you tried playing with this option?

Dangan Ronpa crashes the emulator within a few seconds of booting, but it seems to work on Android and PC (version 0.8.1 at least).

Dangan Ronpa crashes the emulator within a few seconds of booting, but it seems to work on Android and PC (version 0.8.1 at least).
Could be a memory issue? 

Oh? Strange, I have sound and haven't any problem loading. It blink a bit, but it's not messed up (frameskip at 5 and  no Framebuffer).

Build 25

----------

No, not really. I always test Ridge Racer 2, and it's still the same speed. I have fixed the CPU speed to 222MHz, have you tried playing with this option?
How does ridge racer 2 runs on the 1Ghz at stock speed and drivers ? 

Ridge Racer 2, with Fastmem ON, Framebuffer OFF, FrameSkip at 5, is running, on a Gigahertz@1Ghz with StockDriver between 40~60 FPS. So it's playable, almost fun, with some anoying slowdown.

Almost there, but not yet.

Could be a memory issue?
Memory issue as in not enough RAM? I'm running a 1GHz model with 512MB RAM, I'd think that would be enough... plus it does actually boot, it just crashes after the first "developed by" screen. Also, I probably should have specified this before, but this is the "PSP the Best" version of the game. I get the same problem with both the original and English patched ISO.

Build 25

----------

Forget what I said, I actually think it's faster on Valkiria chronicles 2. 

Would there be a way to save config per games? DBZ Budokai 2 works well on Frameskip 1 but that doesn't apply to other games. 

+ Do you know why the hardware transform crashes sometimes? Games definitely work better with it but it does cause graphical bugs (that disappear when turned off) + I get the crash "error message" that says it's switching to software. 

Once again, thanks for your work!

The "per games" is planned by the official PSSPP Team.

For the Hardware transform, I don't know why it crash, but I can try to mask the warning?

For the Hardware transform, I don't know why it crash, but I can try to mask the warning?
No, don't worry about it.. the message just appears and disappears so it doesn't disturb gameplay. GPU use will probably get better in future versions? which should fix this...

No, don't worry about it.. the message just appears and disappears so it doesn't disturb gameplay. GPU use will probably get better in future versions? which should fix this...
Yes, every version fixes things, so the Hardware transform will become more and more stable...

Hmm. Perhaps it's time to take Gran Turismo for a spin. My expectations are not high, but who knows...

Well, I'm still looking for the "Hardware Transform" error to go away.
According to the official PPSSPP website, this heavily depends on the driver. So it might be choosing a different SGX driver helps here.

I've tried with newer SGX driver.

No Message any more in Dissidia.

Doesn't seem to give any speed improvement.

For me the update slowed down 2 games. One was Lumines which was playing perfectly prior and the other was Lumines 2 which was playable but unplayble now. Everything seemed to slow down. I went back to the prior version.

I tried tweaking the video settings but to no avail. Has anyone else reported this with these games?

Any recommended settings ?

Last edited:
Back