Release PPSSPP, Emulator for PSP

No hurry with that :)
You do so much for us,dont forget to life and rest ;)
With that new GTK try i to recompile Lxdream next Days.

And ontopic:
Tried Metal Slug Antology but crash everytime on the loading Screen.
Today make i some Videos with PPSSPP on Rebirth Pandora :D

Wow... it keeps getting better! ppsspp has now a gorgeous UI! Great!!!

On the other hand, my fellow ppsspp enthusiasts, I've been experiencing some issues with the GPU overclocking...  Dont know why, but oddily it seems to slow the game down(?!)

For instance, before I run Naruto Shippuden Legends... I used the cmd:

sudo /usr/pandora/scripts/op_sysspeed.sh 460

The first animation runs at 25 FPS... Well, then I set it back to normal:

sudo /usr/pandora/scripts/op_sysspeed.sh 400

Then the same animation runs at 33fps.  I tested other games, in different situations, and whenever my unit's GPU is overclocked, the result is a game like 5-10 FPS slower.

Do you have any idea of what is happening? Thank you.

Today make i some Videos with PPSSPP on Rebirth Pandora :D
Can't wait for it, since I will get a rebirth Pandora too. Please try to overclock the gpu a bit :) .

Thank you ingo, I realy love your videos. They were one reason for me to get a (second hand) Pandora :) .

Edit: Hmmm Train Blazer seems to be a bit laggy (is it a bit faster without music?). Bubble Shooter works great, Tales has laggy voices but hey, Mana is a bit slow, the rest is unplayable. So just a few games will work. But hey, better then nothing, maybe Lumines can work too ^^.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any idea when they will implement frameskip properly? Maybe they can use the discard keyword in their shaders. Each second frame use a shader that discards all the fragments (not the one from the psp). In this case, just don't flip the buffers. This way, the gpu would do far less. Maybe even use a dummy vertex shader, so nothing is done their.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the best PSP games that work well on a 1Ghz model?
Half-minute hero works fullspeed and it's an amazing retro game (no sound though)

Sid Meier's Pirates works close to fullspeed, some graph glitches and no sound

Tales of Eternia works great, speed and sound

Field Commander works great, speed and sound

Is there any reason to play the PSP version of Tales of Eternia over the PS1 version?

I googled for it, they changed some minor item stuff (which was different in US and JP version) and stretched the image. It is quite the same game, the fog is bit better and minor faster Rendering of the 3D world map (which is probably gone on PSX Rearmed).

http://tales.namco.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39492

I am looking for a nice game which runs well on a rebirth. Trail Blazer seems to play ok, in Ingos video :) .

Wow, I can't believe they actually stretched the aspect ratio instead of increasing the viewport, what a lazy port.. But I guess par for the course for PAL stuff :/

Thanks for the link rohezal.

Back