Release PPSSPP, Emulator for PSP

Dissidia 012: 47 VPS:

Fluid gameplay, only the black textures are a problem.

There's also black texture when using assist (R+circle).

Not black when using summon spirit.

Nice to read,maybe solved in the next Version.
And the Speedups are very good at the moment.
Ptitseb can you try to port the Dreamcast Linux Emulator Lxdream ?
All my first tries had no luck.
Sorry for that Offtopic ;)

Nice to read,maybe solved in the next Version. And the Speedups are very good at the moment. Ptitseb can you try to port the Dreamcast Linux Emulator Lxdream ? All my first tries had no luck. Sorry for that Offtopic ;)
A Dreamcast emulator!!!! Did someone type a Dreamcast emulator??  For the Pandora??!!! Oh my gosh!!!! :eek:

I just dropped my coffee. :(   :p

Last edited:
Nice to read,maybe solved in the next Version. And the Speedups are very good at the moment. Ptitseb can you try to port the Dreamcast Linux Emulator Lxdream ? All my first tries had no luck. Sorry for that Offtopic ;)
I can try... I'll grab to source and give it a go. I am doing a little break from Irrlicht and co now, trying other things, but no luck, it just hang a loading screen... I think it's the Fullscreen code that hang, I have to dig more...

130420-152147.png

I can try... I'll grab to source and give it a go. I am doing a little break from Irrlicht and co now, trying other things, but no luck, it just hang a loading screen... I think it's the Fullscreen code that hang, I have to dig more...

Did I see Doom3 ?!!!  :eek:   :huh:   :blink:   :D

A real benchmark game if there ever was one. The lighting for that game is amazing and was revolutionary for it's time on PC!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm compiling lxdream. But it seems to use OpenGL (not GLES), and no dynamic recompiler for Arm. It will be unuseable !

OK. It compile, but doesn't run because of GLX thingy. I haven't tried with LinuxBochs libGL, I let you try.

Here is a tar.gz with the compilation result, and most needed libs to run it.

I compiled it with codeblock. I had to add libisofs that was missing, and alter an ".pl" to use /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/perl/bin/perl instead of /usr/bin/perl

and use a

./configure --prefix=/mnt/utmp/lxdream --with-sdl --enable-translator

Good luck with that. If you have something working and want to package it, you can, I don't think I will do something with this software.

Attachments

• lxdream.tar.gz
    9 MB · Views: 141
PtitSeb where do you life?
Maybe i can send you the golden Pandora and when your Pandora comes back from repair,send you mine golden Pandora back :)

Thanks, but don't worry, my Pandoras (I have three now, each model) are working well. I'll go on vacation for a week, going to see the Etna in real tomorow morning. So, I don't think I will be able to do a lot of Pandora in the upcoming 8 days... I'll take my dev Pandora, but probably won't have acces to Wifi, nor a lot of freetime.

New version on the repo.

There have been extensive changes to the option menu. There are now submenu, organized by theme.

Also, this version looks fast on Lumine. But the buzzing sound in Trail Blazer is still there.

The background is back to the default one, too many changes on menu for now. I don't think I will put it back later, unless there is a huge demand.

Build 17

----------

• In sync with current git repository
  • New config menu
  • Localisation, menu language already
  • Back to default background

Dissidia 012 works

This is one of the best moments with Pandora.

The reason why I have a PSP runs on Pandora.

No Black textures any more.

It's still a little slow but playable.

If there are some more speed improvements it's very good playable.

VPS is about 25-35.

Sometimes higher sometimes lower.

Sound is not that good but I can live without sound.

Best update ever.

:)

EDIT:

Did some further tests.

Dissidia is really good playable.

VPS never dropped below 20.

It drops only to 20 when stage gets destroyed and assist is summoned at once.

Without attacks it's about 45-50 VPS.

If one gets hit by multiple hit attacks it's still about 30-35.

That's pretty good I think.

EDIT 2:

Stage is what affects VPF with the biggest impact.

"Pandemonium - Top floor" can reach 50-55 VPS.

"Ultimecia's Castle [Omega]" stays between 20-40 VPS.

Loading stages is much faster than on PSP, even with game data installed on Memory stick.

Just a quick question, since I've lost track of the thread: Is this in its current form usable on a non-GHz pandora. or does one have to run at 1100-ish in order to get acceptable speeds? 

And yes, I know it is a very broad question :)

There are a few games working on a Rebirth. Tales of Eternia (with  Alpha Hack) is playable. Trial Blazer is playable also. Lumines should work fairly well also.

On a C.C, I think a swapfile is required,so not sure it's usable.

I've been trying to get Patapon to run on my 1 GHz unit. It does start and I can get into the game, but it is too slow, sound is stuttering ... so basically not playable. It looks to me like a game that is not very demanding at all, but I guess it depends a lot on the programming. Anyway, are there any settings that might help this game in particular?

Test Drive Unlimited still does not start for me, I just get a black screen. Or maybe I have to wait much longer? Disney's Cars takes a long time to load ... it has some graphical glitches, no sound and runs at ~17 FPS. So not playable in my opinion. (Also it just froze my Pandora ;) )

But still it is obvious that compatibility and playability is improving all the time.

Just a quick question, since I've lost track of the thread: Is this in its current form usable on a non-GHz pandora. or does one have to run at 1100-ish in order to get acceptable speeds? 

And yes, I know it is a very broad question :)
Dissidia -> Giga 

1.2GHz, sysspeed 460

Launched form minimenu gives also speed improvement.

I've been trying to get Patapon to run on my 1 GHz unit. It does start and I can get into the game, but it is too slow, sound is stuttering ... so basically not playable. It looks to me like a game that is not very demanding at all, but I guess it depends a lot on the programming. Anyway, are there any settings that might help this game in particular?

Test Drive Unlimited still does not start for me, I just get a black screen. Or maybe I have to wait much longer? Disney's Cars takes a long time to load ... it has some graphical glitches, no sound and runs at ~17 FPS. So not playable in my opinion. (Also it just froze my Pandora ;) )

But still it is obvious that compatibility and playability is improving all the time.
I read in the forum that to run Patapon you need to load a save game... It's the only way, I have the same issue as well.

New version on the repo.

There have been extensive changes to the option menu. There are now submenu, organized by theme.

Also, this version looks fast on Lumine. But the buzzing sound in Trail Blazer is still there.

The background is back to the default one, too many changes on menu for now. I don't think I will put it back later, unless there is a huge demand.

Build 17

----------

• In sync with current git repository
  • New config menu
  • Localisation, menu language already
  • Back to default background

Thanks for the update! :)

HAve you experienced issues with your save games? Not the ones from PPSSPP, the ingames one. It won't load any for me...

Would be very curious about what games work well with the Rebirth Editon (with overclocked gpu), probably far less then on a ghz edition, but a few psp are nice to have :) .

Trailblazer,Tales of ETERNIA,Puzzle Bobble pocket should work ok the Rebirth.
See in my Youtube Videos,i made a Video with Trailblazer on the Rebirth Pandora.
The FPS on 1Ghz Pandora goes up to 60 FPS,
The FPS on Rebirth goes up to 45FPS.

Btw:
I am still fighting against Lxdream,because that GLX Error make me Crazy ;)
I compiled the newest GTK+ and still this Errors.
Mesa compile not because it want ever LibDRM Intel Files and i found in ./configure - help
No way to disable that.
And LB GL Files work not too,same Error.

Back