Release PPSSPP, Emulator for PSP

Hmm normal gpu clock is 110 mhz. So if go to 132 MHZ we get 20% more speed. This can be crucial for PSP games (and maybe N64 games). Can you try to let your gpu run with 132 mhz?

I am curious about the changes between Rebirth and Ghz Pandora. The Soc is manufactured in 65 vs 45 nm so speed could be improved. But maybe we can let the gpu of classic / rebirth Pandoras run at 132 mhz, and check if it works stable. What is about powe consumption?

What is about the heat? What generates more heat a overclocked cpu or gpu? A overclocked cpu with a lot of neon cdoe vs a overclocked gpu with a lot of shaders?

Can someone record a Trailblazer video with a classic / rebirth Pandora with 132Mhz gpu?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm the overclock gpu mentioned before sounds interessting. Do some numbers exist, like overclocking it to 110 or 120 mhz is safe? Can the gpu realy be destroyed this way?
I've done a bit of OC of the gpu on my rebirth Pandora... if you go to far it locks it up, but haven't had adverse issues for doing it. I think the default speed of the gpu/memory is 120Mhz on the CC and Rebirth pandoras. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.. With OCing I thought I was getting around 160mhz..
I though it was 110MHz for CC/Rebirth, and 200MHz for 1GHz Pandora.

With which tools do you O/C GPU/Mem (as they overclock together I think) ? (ok, I may also search the forum, it's certainly explained somewhere).
Ok, the thread is here: http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/8960-set-clockspeed-for-sgx/

but I haven't experimented at all for now.

I remember having heard that the GPU was really not overclock friendly...

So in other words...I have my CPU default set @ 900mhz that is unstable for my 1gig Pandora? :huh:  

Sorry if I am reading into this wrong. I apologize to the moderator if this thread is off base now :blink:  

Last edited:
So in other words...I have my CPU default set @ 900mhz that is unstable for my 1gig Pandora? :huh:  

Sorry if I am reading into this wrong.
Not sure we speak of the same thing.

But to sum-up (and simplify), there are 2 speeds to play with.

The "main" speed, the CPU one, is independant. This is what we motly play with, O/C at 900MHz or 1GHz...

The "other" speed control both the Memory and the GPU. And both speed are linked with integer divider. For CC & Rebirth model, memory is runing a 333MHz, and GPU is runing at MEM/3=111 MHZ (well, we say 110).

On GHz Pandora, the soc is newer, and MEM is runing at 400MHz, and the GPU runs at MEM/2 = 200 MHz.

The script mentionned on the other thread can change MEM speed, and so also GPU speed.

I hope it's clearer now.

I'll play with that tonigh and this W.E. I think.

Sorry if I am reading into this wrong.
Not sure we speak of the same thing.

But to sum-up (and simplify), there are 2 speeds to play with.

The "main" speed, the CPU one, is independant. This is what we motly play with, O/C at 900MHz or 1GHz...

The "other" speed control both the Memory and the GPU. And both speed are linked with integer divider. For CC & Rebirth model, memory is runing a 333MHz, and GPU is runing at MEM/3=111 MHZ (well, we say 110).

On GHz Pandora, the soc is newer, and MEM is runing at 400MHz, and the GPU runs at MEM/2 = 200 MHz.

The script mentionned on the other thread can change MEM speed, and so also GPU speed.

I hope it's clearer now.

I'll play with that tonigh and this W.E. I think.
Yes this makes sense to me now.

Thank you again  :)  

Always wanted to play with the GPU.

Would be good if you do some testing.

If it doesn't cause any damage, why not.

PetitSeb, I just tested the up/down analog inversion in Monster Hunter Freedom and they're great now. Thanks! There are some issues with the fonts in this game, although: They're not been displayed.  I found a comment about it in this thread that it had been fixed...

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=1095

Is there anything I have to do in special to display the fonts on our pandora port?

I've done a quick test... But I have to play more with that.

I have a Rebirth, that I overclock by default to 1.0GHz (but crash sometimes, so I go down to 950MHz).

I overclock the MEM to 400MHz (the normal speed for the memory if I read the specs correctly), using the script, so GPU is at 133MHz instead of 110MHz. So a bit of an overclock (20%).

I tried PPSSPP with Trail Blazer, without Frameskip (and without Buffered rendering).

I watched FPS during Tutorial. I had something like 10 fps with default speed, and 11~12 fps with GPU overclock, so in line with the overclock (roughly 15% gain). No crash. I played a bit (with FrameSkip), and FPS where around 50fps, where I it's more around 40~45FPS with default speed.

I tried SuperTuxKart also, the Scotland level (has it's one of the heavy level for GPU), and I think it's faster... But it may be placebo effect...

I'll try some Irrlicht Demo Bench thingy at home, to have better figures.

PetitSeb, I just tested the up/down analog inversion in Monster Hunter Freedom and they're great now. Thanks! There are some issues with the fonts in this game, although: They're not been displayed. I found a comment about it in this thread that it had been fixed...

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=1095

Is there anything I have to do in special to display the fonts on our pandora port?
The font folder is included (it's flash0/font/*pgf IIRC). It should be used, but may be a broke something in the package, as I played a bit with home folder, maybe I forgot something. I'll check latter.

Did you try the same game on the Windows version of PPSSPP ?

I haven't found the comment where they said it's fixed (I was looking for the revision number or date of commit in github), just saw the comment they are working on it.

*EDIT* Ok found some reference of font working after copying flash0 folder (28-02-2013 comment). So, I guess I have to double-check my packaging...

Ok, can you try this version and see if fonts are fixed?PPSSPP.pnd

*EDIT* removed, font still missing

Attachments

• PPSSPP.pnd
    28.6 MB · Views: 140
I tried that and with my Final Fantasy Dissidia have i missing Fonts too :unsure:

But in Trailblazer and Tales of Eternia feel i bit more Performance ;)

I tried that and with my Final Fantasy Dissidia have i missing Fonts too :unsure:

But in Trailblazer and Tales of Eternia feel i bit more Performance ;)
Still missing font :(

Hum, I have dig deeper in the code to understand where this "flash0" folder is supposed to be... I'll work on that tomorrow probably.

I confirm that the fonts in Monster Hunter Freedom  on ppsspp Windows 0.7 version are correctly shown.  

@ Ingoreis:

Please do some testing for me:

Start Dissidia 012 and start a VS battle.

It's the second line in main menu and the first one in the sub menu.

I want to know if you can get to the character select or if the screen stays white after selecting the battle mode.

For me it stays white on Pandora version but is fine on Windows version.

Would be good to have a second test here.

Yepp i confirm that.

But On my PC Version have i a white Screen too.

Good News,the PSP Game Popolocrois work fine but slowly.

Without Sound can i get on my 1GHZ Pandora up to 40FPS

With Sound 13-19FPS.

Can you try this new one . I copy the font folder in the appdate/.ppsspp/flash folder if fonts are missing. It should work now.

*EDIT* Grab Build 12 on repo for fixed fonts.

Back