Release PPSSPP, Emulator for PSP

mcobit

Advanced Member
You know, at least for me, this version seems to be faster and more stable. Before Tekken 6 was a slideshow and unplayable (with overclocking and frameskipping), but now playable with overclocking and frameskipping of course.
You sure you tested it on 1.0 before ?

Because for several games I tested I see a significant frames drop in 1.01, and i checked the options but nothing makes much of a difference.
I skipped 1.0. Version 1.01 is more stable and faster than 0.9 for me.
This is really a quite strange way to say that 1.01 is better than 1.0 ...
Wait... This doesn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
No, he is saying he did not test 1.0 but finds 1.01 faster than 0.9. That says nothing about 1.0. 

In my experience 1.0 was faster than 1.01, probably because they are now focusing on compatibility instead of speed and therefore performance may suffer down the road from now on. 

Zero3K

Website
Visit site
Does anyone have a ini for it that has been made to be optimized for the 1 GHz model? If so. please share it.

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
I just found the time to update my Pandora stuff and wanted to try out the latest version, but whenever I run a game, it crashes.

Code:

System check
============
Freememory is 33
Cpu Speed is 1200
Sys Speed is 400
Pixels: 800 x 480
Virtual pixels: 800 x 480
./PPSSPPSDL: relocation error: ./PPSSPPSDL: symbol , version GLIBC_2.4 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
New build on the repo. I tried on a vanilla CC model (with a 256 Mo swap) and it worked for me, so it should run now.

It's a new build, with all the compilation optimisation flags on, and with latest sources.

Build 44
----------

• In synch with the git repo.

Hồng Thất Công

Đả Cẩu Bổng Pháp
Actualy, I see big improvements.  I used to not be able to play Tekken 6 and Virtual Tennis enjoyably before, but now I can enjoyably.  With the right settings, Tekken 6 and Virtual Tennis run very very well.  Thank you so much ptitSeb.  I can't keep up with all the good stuff you release! :)

Hồng Thất Công

Đả Cẩu Bổng Pháp
Here's a little video of me playing Tekken 6 and Virtual Tennis 3.  Mokujin almost beat me in the third match :) .

I have faith this emulator will get full speed on OpenPandora... :)

Keep plugging ptitSeb!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyfcfUr4zus

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here's a little video of me playing Tekken 6 and Virtual Tennis 3.  Mokujin almost beat me in the third match :) .

I have faith this emulator will get full speed on OpenPandora... :)

Keep plugging ptitSeb!
That's a nice video! Sound is still a bit choppy, but it's quite playable indeed.

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
I checked about a dozen of games and in most of them I see no difference vs the previous version (or maybe even slightly slower) but I saw that Castlevania is now running very very well - even better than before.