Release PPSSPP, Emulator for PSP

New release on the repo.

I added an experiemental option to reduce Texture Size, at the same menu where you can enhance texture (2nd page of Graphics Settings). It's a dirty hack for now, no bilinear filtering, ugly texture. The aim is to see if yes or no texture fillrate is a limiting factor on the Pandora. From a quick test session I've done (RidgeRace2, MotoGP, Tales of Eternia), it desn't seems so, so I'm not sure it's worth maintaining this option, but may be they are some game that benefit from it...

Other than this option, PPSSPP as been upgrade to later source code from git. Theer have been some optimisation in the Vertex Shader generator, I think there are some side effects regarding lightning on certain games.

Build 20

----------

• In sync with current git repository
  • Added an option to reduce Texture sized (doesn't seems to improve things)

New release on the repo.

I added an experiemental option to reduce Texture Size, at the same menu where you can enhance texture (2nd page of Graphics Settings). It's a dirty hack for now, no bilinear filtering, ugly texture. The aim is to see if yes or no texture fillrate is a limiting factor on the Pandora. From a quick test session I've done (RidgeRace2, MotoGP, Tales of Eternia), it desn't seems so, so I'm not sure it's worth maintaining this option, but may be they are some game that benefit from it...

Other than this option, PPSSPP as been upgrade to later source code from git. Theer have been some optimisation in the Vertex Shader generator, I think there are some side effects regarding lightning on certain games.

Build 20

----------

Thanks Seb!

Happy to report that Valkyria Profiles 2 runs close to full speed with sound... I do have a couple of graphical glitches and I'm missing the videos (that last one is supposed to be fixed in future version of PPSSPP right?)

New release on the repo.

Build 20

----------

Thanks Seb!

Happy to report that Valkyria Profiles 2 runs close to full speed with sound... I do have a couple of graphical glitches and I'm missing the videos (that last one is supposed to be fixed in future version of PPSSPP right?)

Wow, what is your settings?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this Evening is Video Making Day :)
Yehaah newer Versions are often better.
I am happy to try this lately Evening today :)

New release on the repo.

Build 20

----------

Thanks Seb!

Wow, what is your settings?
1.1 Ghz - Alpha Hack + Hardware transform + Framskip on auto. I removed pretty much all other options and left the sound on. 

It used to get crash when starting a battle - now I get ~50FPS when it goes 3d battle mode. When the videos are here and the graphical glitches enhanced, that will be an amazing game to play!

NP :)
I have a Selfmade TV Out Cable buyed from another Forum User.
When you want to see Videos can you ask me and when i have Time make i Videos for you all when you wish :)

Tomorrow try i more PSP Homebrew Games ;D

Try Ridge Racer 2, with FrameSkip at 4 or 5 and no BufferRendenring (and no MipMap), it work well, almost fullspeed...

WTF?? PsP games working full speed? ? Wow. So much in a few months!! Does anyone have a list of games which are playable etc? Anyone maintaining a Pandora specific website/compatability list for games? Crazy!

Edit: Metal Slug XX - Playable!
I had to enable fast-mem. Nothing else. No frameskip.

Metal Gear Ac!d - Freezes.

GTA Chinatown Wars - Froze entire system - (complete) System Wide lockup on RockStar logo/movie. Found no fix.

Ridge Racer 1 - VPS from 20-40. Laggy when you are on 3rd person view. Better on side view.

Controls are not very responsive - Left/Right/Brake - Nearly a second delay.

Trying more.

Bomberman - Speed is ok. Black screen flashes. VPS is around 50-60.

New build on the repo.

This build include better Video and Sound support, but I found it quite unstable and it still crash sometime on videos.

Build 21

----------

• Added support for Atrac+ and MPEG
  • Still unstable, so expect crash when playing videos.

I am curious to test all :)

But in the moment must i finish the Round Descent 3 ^_^

Edit : I have many Grafical Errors,cannot choose a Iso File.

I try to redownload..

...ok redownload worked :)

will report more tomorrow,gn8

Back