I want it to be called the DragonBox...

• Pyra

Votes: 126 73.7%
  • Miriad

Votes: 45 26.3%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
English is a language where spelling does not imply pronunciation (unlike many other languages). For a name that is not an established word, there is not really a "correct" pronunciation: there are many possible ways to pronounce "Linux", "GNU", "Pyra", and "Miriad". Just use whatever pronunciation you like most :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the sounds of Pyra. Looks like it's currently ahead by a wide margin.

Kinda cool to see the vote counts exactly matching the percentages. :)

100votes.png

- Neelix

Disclaimer, the english dont pronounce pyramid like the rest of the english-speaking world.

In Norway we have a system where there is a difference between I and Y, and if someone steps out of line, we club them, with sticks.

English is a language where spelling does not imply pronunciation (unlike many other languages). For a name that is not an established word, there is not really a "correct" pronunciation: there are many possible ways to pronounce "Linux", "GNU", "Pyra", and "Miriad". Just use whatever pronunciation you like most :)

That's true to an extent...  When reading though, certain conventions tend to assumed unless the reader knows that the word doesn't follow them.

^ isn't that 'cos of exactly 100 people voting?
Of course it is, but actually loading the page at the right time and getting to see it is still fairly unusual. :)

- Neelix 

That's true to an extent...  When reading though, certain conventions tend to assumed unless the reader knows that the word doesn't follow them.
Sure, but do you follow the "pyramid" convention or the "pyromania" convention? I would assume "pyramid" because that shares a larger prefix, but it's probably not that simple.

Whichever one seems more natural at the time. :)   That doesn't always mean the one with the most letters in common. 

- Neelix

Pyra should be taken as the main name, it is the innate successor of Pandora!

What do you think about it?

Pyra should be taken as the main name, it is the innate successor of Pandora!

What do you think about it?
What do you think we're voting on..

Edit: if you are implying it should just be called pyra not Dragonbox Pyra then I don't agree. .

Edit2: First of all Dragonbox is already ED's established shop name it just makes sense making that the company name.  Second of all in the first poll Dragonbox was highly favored.. 

"

The blog system company and gamer mouse each called Pyra are no problem then?

And the fact that Pyra has ten times more google hits than miriad?
"Pyra" has 986,000 results, "Myriad" has 312,000. You have a strange definition of "ten" ;)
:D

Google gives me 200k for "Miriad" and 2m for "Pyra", weird that the numbers you get are so different.

"

The blog system company and gamer mouse each called Pyra are no problem then?

And the fact that Pyra has ten times more google hits than miriad?
 "Pyra" has 986,000 results, "Myriad" has 312,000. You have a strange definition of "ten" ;)
:D
Google gives me 200k for "Miriad" and 2m for "Pyra", weird that the numbers you get are so different.
Well I get 37,800,000 for Pandora so not sure the relevance of google hits.

I remember that ED said that he don't like Dragonbox because of the "box" and that's why the P2 will be called as the second name: Pyra.

Dragonbox will not be used usually.

The reason I think we should take Pyra as main name is because when the successor of Pyra will come we will have to chose another name... and I'm not sure that we will find a name as good as Pyra. And it will make a mess in people mind.

I think Pyra is really a name with uniqueness and meaning which will represent the  console as it should. DragonBox leads to an uncertain path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back