Votes: 39 20.9%
  • Pyrrha

Votes: 24 12.8%
  • Pyra

Votes: 66 35.3%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
The extra registrations (above the recent  daily average) started yesterday (11) right after Shenmu made the "create fake accounts and vote for Miriad" statement  , the OP Ltd shut down debacle has been going on for about a month so is not a factor. 

At the time Shenmu made the statement, Pyra was ahead by about 6 or so votes having outstripped Miriad 2 - 1 in voting up until that point.  Then after Shenmu's statement , not only are extra accounts created , Miriad votes start piling on to draw level with Pyra.  Coincidence?   Hmmm.
Damn, I can't believe someone could cheat just for a name…

Even more just after someone said in a joke how to cheat. It's completely childish and ridiculous.

As I said, I would rather have Miriad because IMO it sound better than the others, but pyra is ok too… it's just the name of a still-in-creation-device that I may or may not be able to afford when it'll launch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess everyone with a yopmail or mailinator email might be suspicious.  Maybe they just don't like giving anyone their email though.

Lol can't believe someone can cheat in a small community like this, people are really selfish :mellow:

Pyra Dragonbox FTW !

I know that I'm fighting a very steep uphill battle with this one, but is there anyone else who would prefer DragonBox Tesseract over either DragonBox Pyra or DragonBox Miriad?

DragonBox Tesseract
Despite having origins outside the Marvel universe most people would automatically think of the recent Marvel movies when they hear that name.

I keep getting a bit dyslexic when I read that word in my head ... I keep saying "Terrorsact"

Getting my 'R' and 'S' mixed up

Tesseract sound good but it's too complicate to memorize and write. It make me dyslexic too.

Pyra or OpenPyra or Pyra Whatever is the best :)

DragonBox Tesseract
Despite having origins outside the Marvel universe most people would automatically think of the recent Marvel movies when they hear that name.

I keep getting a bit dyslexic when I read that word in my head ... I keep saying "Terrorsact"

Getting my 'R' and 'S' mixed up

Tesseract sound good but it's too complicate to memorize and write. It make me dyslexic too.

Pyra or OpenPyra or Pyra Whatever is the best :)
How about DragonBox HyperCube then?
May be too long, but it shortens to...

DragonBox HyCu (pronounced Haiku)

I found a screensaver for the DragonBox HyCu (HyperCube):

8-cell.gif

And logo image:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/dd/4-cube_graph.svg

Needs to have the red dots removed and lines thickened.

Since almost 1 in 4 of us are happy with the name Pyra (and almost as many happy with Miriad) I hope we can settle on one of those names, and get down to designing a final logo and getting excited about what'll be inside it.

Since almost 1 in 4 of us are happy with the name Pyra (and almost as many happy with Miriad) I hope we can settle on one of those names, and get down to designing a final logo and getting excited about what'll be inside it.
Right now 54.3% of the people who voted DON'T want either Pyra or Miriad.

Several of the people who voted for one or the other likely did it because they can't stand the other one.

Both are flops.

I'm trying to find -something- that can get a grass roots swell behind to get a viable 3rd alternative on the table. I think we've hit on something in DragonBox HyCu.

It's the box and what it represents that is the important reference to Pandora, not the Greek origins or pantheon. HyCu is short for HyperCube, which is a name for a 4th dimensional box - it's bigger on the inside.

I found a screensaver for the DragonBox HyCu (HyperCube):

8-cell.gif
Ow, my brain.
Really? You might want to close your eyes for this one then.

Tesseract.gif

Except that we're voting FOR one or more names not against some names…

ED choose those names, they're the ones he liked the most from the pool of proposed names and then, he allowed us to decide which one will be used.

So no, there is no need to search for even more names since it's too late.

You had the opportunity to suggest names to ED before. It's a bit late now. And I haven't seen ED in here encouraging more ideas.

To be honest, coming up with new ideas now strikes me as a little disrespectful to ED. I hope that when he announces the name we can all support him.

Right now 54.3% of the people who voted DON'T want either Pyra or Miriad. Several of the people who voted for one or the other likely did it because they can't stand the other one. Both are flops.
You can't use these statistics like that.

First off, you're making huge assumptions about people's voting behaviour.

Secondly, there may be many people who are happy with several of the options, and voted for several.

For example, I like both pyra and pyragon. I voted for both. That doesn't mean you can count my vote for pyragon as a vote against pyra.

Moreover, those percentages are out of the total number of votes, not the total number of voters.

There are 1.5 times as many votes as voters.

In fact, 34% of voters voted for Pyra, and 32% for Miriad

Its possible that some of those votes are from the same people, but I'm not sure how you can tell from the data given.

Good luck getting more than 33% of voters to support HyCu, btw

https://www.haiku-os.org/  is also an OS, which is why HyCu is a bad name with worse spelling.
Irrelevant.
Except that we're voting FOR one or more names not against some names…

ED choose those names, they're the ones he liked the most from the pool of proposed names and then, he allowed us to decide which one will be used.

So no, there is no need to search for even more names since it's too late.
It's not over until the fat lady sings.
The name "DragonBox Tesseract" evolved into "DragonBox HyperCube" which evolved into "DragonBox HyCu" recently. Passing on a great name because the field was arbitrarily limited to mediocre ones is a truly partisan politics as usual approach.

You had the opportunity to suggest names to ED before. It's a bit late now. And I haven't seen ED in here encouraging more ideas.

To be honest, coming up with new ideas now strikes me as a little disrespectful to ED. I hope that when he announces the name we can all support him.
No, it's feeling strongly enough that both "pyra" and "miriad" are potential mistakes that I'm pushing a 3rd possibility.
It's not disrespectful at all. Through back and forth in these forums we stumbled on what may be a 'perfect' name through collaboration. To pass it up and NOT voice an opinion on it would be disrespectful.

"Ignore that good thing over there because we've already limited your field of vision to these other things over here."

He's not a child. You don't have to hide the dessert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back