Votes: 39 20.9%
  • Pyrrha

Votes: 24 12.8%
  • Pyra

Votes: 66 35.3%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say that when I look at these names, the only thing that comes to mind is a bunch of Magic the Gathering cards:

DragonFly - Cost: 1 mana

Tap to give all Dragon Flies +1

Myridon - Cost: Land

Myridon enters play tapped

and gives all green creatures

protection from red.

Not keen on any of those name, but I cant think of any myself at this moment.

I like the story behind Myriad/Miriad in that post about entomology. I also liked the sound of Dragora, but it does not look like it has much of a chance at this point. I guess I got here a little too late for that one. Also voted for DragonFly, seems like a vote for that might not go to waste as much as my vote for Dragora probably will.

^Well Myriad is used for several devices already, DragonFly is worse than Myriad in that area.. DragonFly is a very over used name for things, even more so than Pandora.

Honestly I don't like Miriad without the y, but as stated before it can't be used.

Pyra is easy to remember and sounds like a fun upbeat device and it's not overly used... I like Pyragon too because of it's nuances of the name sounding like Paragon and also a combination of Pyra and dragon.  However I don't think That will win.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems a lot of  accounts are being started lately judging by the member registration rate.  Seemed to occur right after someone suggested that people create fake accounts to vote for Miriad. Hmmm, oh and look , Miriad is catching Pyra fast , even though it was previously being outstripped 2 -  1 by Pyra .  Hmmmm.

I assume there is a way of monitoring who voted for what and duplicate Ip addresses could be filtered out.

Although ED would be the only one that can do that.

Perhaps do a recount at the end of the poll and exclude any votes from members not registered prior to x-date ...I'm sure those who have joined us in just the past day or so would understand the reason for their exclusion in the vote :)

I call a fix, rigged I tell you, trust no one

:)

Perhaps do a recount at the end of the poll and exclude any votes from members not registered prior to x-date ...I'm sure those who have joined us in just the past day or so would understand the reason for their exclusion in the vote :)

Those may include a lot of long time lurkers who've never created accounts because they never had anything to say, though.  I've always imagined it would feel that way for the people who frequent more than one forum at a time.  Lots of accounts sounds very troublesome to me.

Those may include a lot of long time lurkers who've never created accounts because they never had anything to say, though.  I've always imagined it would feel that way for the people who frequent more than one forum at a time.  Lots of accounts sounds very troublesome to me.
Yes, a number of lurkers have signed up recently due to the openpandora ltd debacle.

ok I hadn't considered that, they should have their say too :)

....I guess have to just trust that people aren't making dupe accounts to rig voting

The extra registrations (above the recent  daily average) started yesterday (11) right after Shenmu made the "create fake accounts and vote for Miriad" statement  , the OP Ltd shut down debacle has been going on for about a month so is not a factor. 

At the time Shenmu made the statement, Pyra was ahead by about 6 or so votes having outstripped Miriad 2 - 1 in voting up until that point.  Then after Shenmu's statement , not only are extra accounts created , Miriad votes start piling on to draw level with Pyra.  Coincidence?   Hmmm.

Pyra is too short, I feel like it will fall off of anything I set it on.  It's like a unicycle.

Pyra is awesome when paired with Dragonbox.. I don't see it being short being bad. It seems solid like some analogy that conveys its solidness..

Maybe we need a public vote to choose between Miriad and Pyra. I mean a vote where you can see who voted what. That would discourage fake account creation, or at least make it easier for people other than ED to verify that the vote was fair. The only downside is that everyone has to make their vote public; some people may not be comfortable with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back