Votes: 39 20.9%
  • Pyrrha

Votes: 24 12.8%
  • Pyra

Votes: 66 35.3%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes you think that HyCu is significantly better than Pyra or Miriad?

Having said that, if several people like it, I don't see why it shouldn't be voted on.

So the Poll was until the 13th which is now over.  Seems Pyra has won with 64 votes to Miriad's 60 Votes..

Now lets have a poll on another feature of the P2 - NOT!

Last edited by a moderator:
Right then pyra sucks bigtime. Nuff said.

Pyragon i could live with.

Ed just pick a name you like and lets roll with that.

HyCu looks like some weird chemical formula. It is pronounced either "haiku" or "hi sue", both of which don't sound very appealing to me.

I don't think the connection between ED / DragonBox and HyCu is very convincing. Yes, a box is a kind of cube and HyCu stands for hypercube, which is a cube in more than 3 dimensions. Still not a very strong connection.

The connection between Pandora and HyCu is even less convincing - yes, in the myth there's Pandora's jar, which was typically mistranslated as Pandora's box, and a box is a kind of cube and HyCu stands for hypercube.

I wouldn't focus too much on boxes and cubes - there's already the XBox and the GameCube, it does not feel very original to add the HyperCube to that list. Everyone would call it the HypeCube by the way.

Anyway, a name is just a name, we can probably discuss about it for years, but in the end some decision has to be made. Not everyone will be happy with that decision, but life will go on.

HyCu is asinine. What is is with that obsession of including ever more boxy things in the name?

Anything starting with a P will be the P2 !!!

I'm pretty sure it will end more used than the original name :D .

I was all for Pyragon, but Pyra IMO is a more memorable name and I think it is a wise choice.

I like the concept behind the HyperCube... buuuut HyCu sucks as a name just like Wii sucks. But just because it sucks, doesn't mean it can't work. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back