Poll: Name of the successor

What name would you prefer for the Pandora successor?

• DragonBox

Votes: 58 52.3%
  • DragonFly

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Dragora

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • Miriad (or DragonBox Miriad / OpenMiriad)

Votes: 19 17.1%
  • Myridon (or DragonBox Myridon / OpenMyridon)

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Pandragon (or DragonBox Pandragon / OpenPandragon)

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Pyragon (or DragonBox Pyragon / OpenPyragon)

Votes: 19 17.1%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless something really cool is suggested as a model suffix, just calling it DragonBox is fine. You can add the model suffix for future releases like other consoles have. Xbox -> Xbox 360, Wii -> Wii U , etc.

Adding a suffix now just makes it harder to remember, a simple name now that establishes a product/brand name is best IMO. Once the product/brand name is established , then you can add a suffix for future releases.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm, ok perhaps not then.

Maybe Dragonbox 5000, in that instance.

What're the Dingoo A320 and 330 numbers derived from?

It should be known as the Dragonbox-2M

:)

yes 2Months

Hmm, although I came up with Dragonbox for product name about a year ago, I do not really like it anymore after all those better ideas in the thread.

Actually, all the names I liked in the end are not in the list, so I may have to choose between lesser evils, which is difficult, hmm.

And the "Open" or "Dragonbox" before makes some of these names bearable, so it's not unimportant.

Is this really going to be the Dragonbox' Dragonbox?

I'm sad that "Myriad" isn't available after all, it seems.  I would have suggested another version of Myriad be listed instead of a misspelling, Myrias perhaps.  I think the wrongness nerve pinch may have chased away prior voters for the name.

Edit: Or maybe we could do like the program F.lux and just stick a period in the middle.  My.riad even looks lame-catchy, doing that ipod thing.

Is this really going to be the Dragonbox' Dragonbox?

I'm sad that "Myriad" isn't available after all, it seems.  I would have suggested another version of Myriad be listed instead of a misspelling, Myrias perhaps.  I think the wrongness nerve pinch may have chased away prior voters for the name.

Edit: Or maybe we could do like the program F.lux and just stick a period in the middle.  My.riad even looks lame-catchy, doing that ipod thing.
Ref: http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/14915-finding-a-proper-name-and-logo/?p=295016/URL]

It's not so surprising that DragonBox takes such a lead since that is the only name people are already familiar with.

I think DragonBox makes a good name for the product line and for the shop, but we still need a more specific name for the device itself.

I voted for Pyragon (so the full name would be DragonBox Pyragon). For those who didn't read the other thread, Pyragon has the following "etymology":

In Greek mythology, one of Pandora's daughters was called Pyrrha (a name that itself refers to flaming red hair). Because "Pyrrha" is a bit tricky to spell, the idea was to simplify it to "Pyra". The name "Pyragon" is a combination of "Pyra" and "Dragon", so it is a reference to both the ancestry of the device (Pandora) and its maker (EvilDragon). Moreover, it sounds a lot like "paragon", which is a nice word.

^ I agree here - Dragonbox is a great name for the brand/company - but a poor name for the product itself.

The Product (made by a company called dragonbox) needs a different name, or a number, or something.

I don't think we should have a name until you have a working prototype... gives us another 12 months to think of something better

I don't think we should have a name until you have a working prototype... gives us another 12 months to think of something better
I wouldn't say 12 months.

We're the Pandora community.

For those who don't understand: 12 months means 6 x 2 months.

Please remember: some people here only can think in 2 months steps.

;)

Agreed. Dragonbox is not working for me.it needs an extension.i suggested the 'Chimera'

It's not so surprising that DragonBox takes such a lead since that is the only name people are already familiar with.

I think DragonBox makes a good name for the product line and for the shop, but we still need a more specific name for the device itself.

I voted for Pyragon (so the full name would be DragonBox Pyragon). For those who didn't read the other thread, Pyragon has the following "etymology":

In Greek mythology, one of Pandora's daughters was called Pyrrha (a name that itself refers to flaming red hair). Because "Pyrrha" is a bit tricky to spell, the idea was to simplify it to "Pyra". The name "Pyragon" is a combination of "Pyra" and "Dragon", so it is a reference to both the ancestry of the device (Pandora) and its maker (EvilDragon). Moreover, it sounds a lot like "paragon", which is a nice word.

Because of my history of sneaking curse words into the Global Trade Station, I insist there must be a better way to avoid the already in use filter.  Myr.iad. Myr!ad. My\r\i\ad. (like three claw scratches)

The mispelling was a probably a vote suicide.

I don't know...   I've always felt that putting punctuation into the middle of name like that just makes it look tacky...

- Neelix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back