Pandora Shipping In February 2009?

RajTakhar said:
offtopic.gif
We're not obstructing people's ability to participate in the topic. If they were posting random bunny pictures (which has been known to happen on this forum) or something similar, then I would wholeheartedly agree with you. However, this conversation, off topic though it may be, does in fact serve a purpose, and does not need to be ended until a mod thinks it has gone too far.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
Booting time might be pretty irrelevant. If you can put the device to sleep mode you would probably want to do this. And even just leaving it on should use very little energy.

So what should be tested is how much impact there will be when launching application and doing some standard task.

I would be nice If we had it for my Birthday June 22

But that's only because It's getting shipped to my parents and I'll be there that weekend so I could pick it up.

June July I don't care I don't really need it till January 2010 when my class start a gain.

hope the second batch won't take after end of april (my birthday :))
but what do you guys recommend: this or a netbook? I don't know what's stronger...

Keyaku said:
but what do you guys recommend: this or a netbook? I don't know what's stronger...
Well, depending on what netbook you get, a netbook could probably be more powerful. However, I would still recommend this because of the fact that it isn't just a miniature laptop, it's also a gaming device.

-God Ginrai

Keyaku said:
A netbook's stronger and has a bigger keyboard.
The Pandora is small. Really small as the people who got prototype cases say. It fits in the backpocket of a jeans. It also has at least twice the battery life of any affordable netbook around.

fahrstuhl said:
Keyaku said:
A netbook's stronger and has a bigger keyboard.
The Pandora is small. Really small as the people who got prototype cases say. It fits in the backpocket of a jeans. It also has at least twice the battery life of any affordable netbook around.

I'll just list the advantages of each (disadvantages being the opposite of the other's advantages, simply)

Netbook:
More Powerful (CPU & RAM)
Above 7 inch, models have higher resolution screen (1024x600 and above)
Due to Size, Better Keyboard
More Available Software (x86)
More Available OSes (x86)
May be physically stronger
Available Now ™ - A Concept not Familiar to the Pandora Team (joke :p) - installed userbase

Pandora:
10hrs+ battery life
Bluetooth on all models (one) :p
Touch Screen
Sharp, Clear Screen (800x480 on a 4.3" screen is crisp - high pixel density compared to a netbook)
Weighs Less
Smaller - More Portable - Fits in jeans pocket
Dedicated Gaming Controls
Better GPU (notebooks have intel 915 or 950? unsure)
Costs less (£200 vs £250+)
Cheaper batteries (£15 vs £20+) And more life per spare battery (10 hours+ vs 2 to 6)
More Bragging Rights (come on, this thing will just be darn cool compared to netbooks everybody else has :lol:)
Gauranteed to come with a fast Linux OS that works (7 out of 10 netbooks sold come with XP now :eek:)

Back