True/False: List of Pandora Statements

Jeff,

Ya, I read about the last few offerings in UMPC's. Those are really hot. I got all excited about Sony UX and other similar. But they are so expensive. I guess the best thing out there is Microsoft's OQO, and that's like what, 1500-2000.

It's no longer a toy then...it becomes a major investment.

I'll have a UMPC one day though I bet, 10 years from now. When I'm in my 40's, and still constantly looking at stuff like this. I already told my Wife that the retirement she has to look forward to after 20 years in the Army is 15 hours a day of gaming like a hermit. She thinks this will somehow conflict with her "Travel After Retirement" plans... I told her it wouldnt, just to make sure and send me postcards! Preferably digital through email so I don't have to walk out to the mail box!

Ok joking. At least a little....

Also, Jeff, as an aside, if you were involved somewhat with the PSP scene, is there a particular forum/community you prefer? I've been looking around, but havent found a good home for there yet. If only all msg board communities were as good as Pandora's.

Seriously, right now, aside from the obvious hardware advantages (faster computer, more ram, dual nubs, better screen)...what can the Pandora emulate (to a level of playability) that the PSP cannot?

You can't put a compiler on the PSP and use it to build software for itself. You can do that with a Pandora.

In fact, the Pandora is a near-ideal platform to use to learn software development. Don't discount this fact - you don't have to learn C/C++ either, you can write great software for the Pandora, on the Pandora, in languages like Basic, Python, Ruby, and so on.

Apologies for the political slants, by the way. I will refrain from mentioning my point of view on this matter any further. Stay safe, soldier.

6. DC, Saturn, 3DO, and NDS emulation still a dream. PSP emulation hasnt happened but still a possibility.

DC emulator exists, it just hasn't had a build released yet. Last we saw, 1/4 to 1/2 speed was the max for FMV sequences. Not clear if/when there will be a public release by its author.

Saturn exists too. Ari64 of Mupen fame has released it on the Beta boards. Some stuff approaches playability with overclock and frameskip enabled, but it's still quite an accomplishment that the code is even running, at whatever speed. Many (including myself) had written it off completely as not even worth attempting while knowing full well the DC emulator was even showing some signs of promise.

I don't know of any active effort the to NDS, but then again I haven't been paying a whole lot of attention to the scene lately. JayFoxRox was toying with PSP at one time, but I don't think there is any current effort.

Last edited by a moderator:
notaz released a quick port of a DS emulator (Desmume, I think?) just to get people to shut up. It seems to have worked. It's ridiculously slow, though.

Back