Pandora Shipping In February 2009?

RajTakhar

Website
gp2xwizandpandora.blogspot.com
Anyone seen this cumulative (it seems like a load of forum posts rolled up into one!) on the OpenPandora home page http://www.openpandora.org/index.php

It kind of implies a February 2009 shipping date :lol: :D

So, here is a mini-roadmap:
Case Design: January 15th
Case Prototyping: approx. 1-2 weeks later
Final production and delivery: approx. 2 - 4 weeks later

:D :p :) :D

=====
gp32_console + :gp2x and in FEB 2009 a :pandora1:

http://gp2xwizandpandora.blogspot.com/

Come on fella - put a question mark in your thread titles if you are speculating. It's the one that looks like this:"?" and you get it by pressing "shift" and "/" together.

JT :angry:

Just in time for my birthday, so I can make a rock solid case to buy one. Unless the P-series Vaio magically sheds its ridiculous £850 price tag by then.

I agree wholly on the question mark point!

At the end of the day it's down to the other companies keeping their promises, not OpenPandora. As far as I can see, OpenPandora is pretty on-the-ball with their situation.

If you want to blame someone for the delay, blame paypal and amex and OpenPandora's bank.

Personally, I'm busting for it and I really want it, but I am patient and i will wait as long as it takes :) But it is soooo near the end now, just the final points.

Perhaps those companies have someone or something else to blame...
I blame the prime mover :)

RajTakhar said:
15th Jan + 2 weeks = February, plus 4 weeks = End Feb/Begin of March.

Earliest = 15 Jan + 1 week + 2 weeks = February.

So, shipped Feb or March, depending on external companies.

I've added a question mark to your post to prevent confusion.

Last edited by a moderator:
gadgetoid said:
Just in time for my birthday, so I can make a rock solid case to buy one. Unless the P-series Vaio magically sheds its ridiculous £850 price tag by then.

I agree wholly on the question mark point!
Looks like you won't buy one. The first batch was sold out, you have to be lucky to get one of the left-overs I think.

This is getting ridiculous. If this is indeed the case then what the hell is going on. We were promised photo's of a final Pandora middle of december and then were told that the case went to the wrong place so that would delay it for a week.....here we are almost a month later and still no pictures!

People are going to scream at me to be patient but I've BEEN patient!

If we don't get a concrete release date by the end of the month then I'm pulling the plug on my order.

The P-Series Vaio - Is a gimmick probably Sony's response to the Netbook Market.

The specs look dire and it will probably cost 3-4 times the cost of the Pandora and heat up like a roast potato (I used to have severa Sony Laptops, and Handhelds - good builds but expensive and hot man are they are HOT)

====
gp32_console + :gp2x and in FEB/MARCH 2009 :pandora1:

My estimation of beginning shipping is at about March the 5th. And my one comes lately at the end of this month. I can live with it. (just guessing)

NickLoTurco said:
This is getting ridiculous. If this is indeed the case then what the hell is going on. We were promised photo's of a final Pandora middle of december and then were told that the case went to the wrong place so that would delay it for a week.....here we are almost a month later and still no pictures!

People are going to scream at me to be patient but I've BEEN patient!

If we don't get a concrete release date by the end of the month then I'm pulling the plug on my order.
You need to stop thinking in absolute dates and switch to relative dates. The Pandora has always been going to ship in 1-2 months from now. ;)

If there is no delays then by my calculations;

The absolute earliest the first Pandora's could be shipped out is 5th of February.

The absolute latest the first Pandora's could be shipped out is 26th of February.

If there are no delays then the mean average date that it could ship is middle (15th / 16th) of February.

Sooo all those thinking its coming out in March are expecting delays then, eh? :p

aliking said:
I think the month name we are grasping for here is "March"
Me too. If you go with their max estimates... March. Early to late March. I think Feb. is wishful thinking.

About the delays:

Yes. After all, if it ships Feb 26 you still have the delay of waiting for it to arrive. And anyway, those are just estimates, not set in stone. So it doesn't really make it an official delay.

seansps said:
Me too. If you go with their max estimates... March. Early to late March. I think Feb. is wishful thinking.
Do not worry we will get titanium case, but because of this drastic change in design it will be shiped in December 2010 :)

RajTakhar said:
Anyone seen this cumulative (it seems like a load of forum posts rolled up into one!) on the OpenPandora home page http://www.openpandora.org/index.php

It kind of implies a February 2009 shipping date :lol: :D

So, here is a mini-roadmap:

:D :p :) :D

=====
gp32_console + :gp2x and in FEB 2009 a :pandora1:

I think we must take in count some usual delays ... why ? because when you lead a project and you give a date.. you cannot respect the deadlines, you have always an issue that causes some delays !
I bet on the end of march :D

Back