Pandora Marketing Survey - Where did you first hear about the Pandora?

How did you first hear about the Pandora?

• I’ve followed the project from it’s birth in the good old GP32X days

Votes: 52 52.0%
  • A web article (review / blogpost / post on another forum etc.)

Votes: 21 21.0%
  • From this forum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A web search

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • Direct advertising (Magazine / Web Add etc.) Please post details

• A Flyer

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Whilst learning about Greek mythology in my formative years

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • What's a Pandora?

• I saw someone else using one / talking about one

Votes: 9 9.0%

• Total voters

Mr_Loon

Can't Remember
The Pandora marketing team (i.e. ED) might be able to glean some useful information from this forum poll.

Some truly useful information could be gained by asking this as an optional question as part of the checkout process when buying a Pandora from OP GmbH. It would surely help show where marketing was needed / successful.

The categories may well have to be altered a little to make it more relevant to current customers.

Last edited by a moderator:
My answer (greek mythology) in not exactly correct, but I entered "Pandora" into wikipedia and found Pandora (console) in the disambiguation page - I was going for the singer :p

I spent a long time searching for a device with wifi, fullSD slot(s) and a long battery life that ran linux.

First found out about it lurking the GP32X forum...which I found by accident, since I never actually owned a Wiz. But, I did own a Dingoo, and somehow, or another, from Dingoonity, I wound up in the GP32X Forum.

found it before i was looking, ordered it before i knew what it was, getting tired of it before i got my order

Think it was an article on Slashdot, bluesnews or some site I visited.. I first heard about it and got interested, but nothing seemed solid at that point.. then I kind of forgot about it for a while and missed the first day preorder.. then I saw another article showing an early prototype sans case... I then got real interested and that eventually led me to the GP2X forum and got into the first batch preorder.

Heard about it on IRC. The price scared me off last year, but now I'm back.

Liiiink. Safe travels and hurry home. :)

Wanted to impulse buy a new game system. I remembered the wiz. Read about the wiz and the problems with the screen put me off it. ended up at eds or craigs old shop looking at wizs and stumbled upon the pandora...then i realised that i had vaguely heard of the pandora previously... So, no, i wanna impulsively buy a new gaming system, even though i have enough already! Category! Understandable really!

Well I had this little paper booklet detailing various consoles , given to me by a contact of mine. I then looked up the pandora on Wikipedia and thought oh that looks interesting followed link to official site - GEE that IS expensive . About a year later I was getting interested in emulation and wanted the best money could buy ( within the bounds of my relativly limited pockets ) refound the Pandora . At the same I wanted an computer for light web browsing , mp3 , and video playback .

Here I am .

I can't vote as there is no " accident , followed by neccistty , followed by no wifi so no web browsing ( by no fault of the pandy , it's just it will be a bit before we can get wifi ) .

I was watching some videos by "ashens" on YouTube, and saw a video in the list titled "Open Pandora Review [painfully long version]". I watched it, and thought "I SO need one of those..."... and now here I am, posting from one.

I pretty much followed the Pandora from the beginning.

It already was in concept stage when I read about it on gp32x.

In my case I had never heard about it until one of my friends (who does not have one, by the way) told me about it and mentioned that it was a handheld that could emulate anything and even the Dreamcast! Haha, I have to admit the Dreamcast perspective hooked me up to check more about it ! 

I ended up being one from ED (Lucky me!) and that's only later that I found out about the Craig mess and the preorders issues. 

I followed it from a point where the Pandora was still called "craiginator" or "dragonbox" or something on the gp32x.de board, but found it doing a web search for a successor to my Tapwave Zodiac. So was voting for the first option correct ?

Back