Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Specify below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

My solution:

Pay by bank transfer.
Pay by tranzfers
Or don't reorder again and wait till second batch when you CAN use CC

EDIT: Craigix or Chip could make a American bank account for the pandora to give the american people smaller fees for bank transfers. I only had to pay 6 euro for a international bank transfer, but 30 dollar looks way to much.

Mithrildor said:
My solution:

Pay by bank transfer.
Pay by tranzfers
Or don't reorder again and wait till second batch when you CAN use CC

EDIT: Craigix or Chip could make a American bank account for the pandora to give the american people smaller fees for bank transfers. I only had to pay 6 euro for a international bank transfer, but 30 dollar looks way to much.
I second that, if the CC orders are mainly because they want some protection, well W8 until the pandora is boxed on amazon, wall mart or whatever retailer and pay then up with your CC or whatever buyers protection you want.

If you signed up for this because you had some actual believe in this project/want to support a damn cool idea/etc then do the transfer.

I think it would be a good idea to:

1) make the first batch for bank transfer only - reopen the ordering to flog all cancelled pandora order making perfectly clear you can't use a CC - of course any current cancelled CC order should be given the possibility first to do a transfer

2) for the people who only want to order tough plastic, please order when this actually will exist/is available for direct dispatch.

Seen all the "place in line" threads maybe this will convince people to stop whining and just get over with it.

edit: damn smilies... I want "b )" not B)

Last edited by a moderator:
stustaff said:
therefore the CD/gift certificate option is just as insecure as a Bank transfer so doesnt resolve the main issue for many CC people.
Whilst I voted to indicate I'd prefer those waiting to pay by CC should wait for banking issues to be resolved, the gift certificate option is certainly better than the CD option, because if the worst happens and the Pandora can't be produced, at least you'll have a voucher for GBAX, which you could use to get a Wiz, or maybe with some special T&C for these pre-order gift vouchers that ensures you'll be legally entitled to get a refund on the gift vouchers.

If CC payers can wait until the units are produced then this is the absolute best solution, if this is not possible gift certificates offer a very good compromise (IMO).

Again for many people in the US, Bank Transfers are not something people do on a regular bassis for a simple purchase, it's unfamiliar and people just want the convience of the CC order (and by association the security) rather than having to perform an action they're unfamiliar with.

Alpha2 said:
Again for many people in the US, Bank Transfers are not something people do on a regular bassis for a simple purchase, it's unfamiliar and people just want the convience of the CC order (and by association the security) rather than having to perform an action they're unfamiliar with.
Yep, it will be a cold day in hell before I order something via bank transfer ... that's soo damn 20th century and just screams "fraud".

It is not about bank transfers not being reliable or anything like that , your money will get there, alright .. and there are plenty of protection laws against being scammed in the US as well.

What is at stake is that when you do get scammed, you will have to get yourself involved in a legal action and it will be months before you see your money (if ever) .. f*** that , why would I want to risk that if can simply order with my CC and if something goes wrong, have them refund my money with just one phone call.

Being originally from Europe and having lived in the US for the last 10 years, I got so used to the way things are being done on this side of the pond, I will stick with it …. I will just wait and order when they have something to sell.

Alpha2 said:
Indeed, I really wish people would stop implying that we're accusing craig or other the devs of fraud. In the US, we don't have the kind of regulatory protection that they do in many other parts of the developed world, and topping that with the cross borderness of it, there's any number of ways that it could go wrong without malfeasance on the part of Craig.

It is also a byproduct of when organizations in the EU get sued in the US, don't show up, don't pay either. I'm not sure I have a whole lot of confidence in my ability to get satisfaction if I really have to with a foreign based bank. We don't get to call our regulators to complain about the way that something gets handled in another country.

I'll be paying in either cash or CC, I'd consider paypal, but that's already gone wonky, and I'm not really aware of anything else that I'm really able to trust.

Edit: And I'm not sure that it's really wise to sort based upon payment method. Ultimately you do get 30 days, and even then you don't have to be within the window, just expect to be. And the amount of time that it's going to take to put the items together is going to be somewhat less than 30 days anyways once the parts are available. At this point not having seen Craig or anybody official say that they're not going to be able to finish enough of the units to get it done, I'd put this to speculation.

@hedwards
hedwards said:
Edit: And I'm not sure that it's really wise to sort based upon payment method. Ultimately you do get 30 days, and even then you don't have to be within the window, just expect to be. And the amount of time that it's going to take to put the items together is going to be somewhat less than 30 days anyways once the parts are available.
Unfortunately it is now clear that this 30 day CC re-ordering window for the 1st batch is not possible. See here:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=46235
craigix said:
There is nothing we can do here, I've been down every route, things are very different to a few years ago in regards to merchant numbers. Two banks have said they are willing to review this situation in 4-6 months time (ie when we are more established in their eyes).

So that's how long the CC situation will take.
hedwards said:
At this point not having seen Craig or anybody official say that they're not going to be able to finish enough of the units to get it done, I'd put this to speculation.
See here:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=46236
craigix said:
Preorders - we need preorders to pay for the manufacturing costs of the Pandora. I don't think we have claimed we had enough money to cover the first batch without preorders, I'm not sure where this has come from, possibly because we have said we have paid for the parts, but parts do not = manufacturing costs.

If we could cover the manufacture we would have never needed a preorder system.

Back