Where Did You Hear About Pandora?

juniorm33

Seems to be a lot of new interested people, and I'm curious in where you heard about the Pandora?
What brought you here, specific emu, umpc, etc.
Now your here what do you think?
This is aimed mainly at newcomers, but feel free to tell me your story even if your a long time pre-orderer etc.

I wanted a modern handheld with a keyboard to replace my ancient HP 200LX.

Found out about the Pandora originally from dcemu, Wraggster's site. It was only in the planning stages at that point though.

i was into homebrew on the Nintendo DS and my friend told me about the GP32x but that was kind of under powered eventually we found the pandora and now we play the waiting game

Well, there was this thread here called "Our New Machine," and I heard Craig was building it, so...

I believe I first heard about it on GameFAQs PSP forums, back when homebrew discussion was still allowed there. Back then I was getting tired of the PSP homebrew scene, and really thought the Pandora would be just what I was looking for in a handheld.

I've read the GP32X forums ever since the days of the GP32, so, I heard about it here. :p

Honestly, I was playing Six Degrees to Adolf Hitler on Wikipedia, and I got the Pandora. I was like, "Hey, this is cool."

I bought a GP2X before a Mission for my church(two years no computer use except e-mail to family and no video games) and when I got back was excited to see how it advanced. Turns out the F200(? can't remember what the first GP2X was) had been born and died and SNES didn't work as well as I hoped but I read on here about the Pandora and pre-ordered the first day it was open.

I would have gotten a Wiz but when I saw the Pandora with a keyboard, wifi, and most importantly ran a generic ARM Linux I had to wait for it. So I wanted a game machine but saw the Pandora and realized I wanted so much more.

I vaguely remember hearing about the project awhile back when myself and some friends were into DS homebrew. It seemed like a long ways off at the time so I forgot about it, but was recently reminded by an article on Kotaku. I've always wanted something like this that could handle the 16 bit generation and all those arcade games from the early 90's that I wasted so many quarters on.

I couldn't remember for a few minutes, but: a thread about the Pandora in the Something Awful games forum, completely by chance (I'm not registered there). It had pictures, hardware stats, and the right reasons why you might want to get it. The original poster "got it," and was good at explaining it to the other people in the thread.

Back