Pandora Marketing Survey - Where did you first hear about the Pandora?

How did you first hear about the Pandora?

• I’ve followed the project from it’s birth in the good old GP32X days

Votes: 52 52.0%
  • A web article (review / blogpost / post on another forum etc.)

Votes: 21 21.0%
  • From this forum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A web search

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • Direct advertising (Magazine / Web Add etc.) Please post details

• A Flyer

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Whilst learning about Greek mythology in my formative years

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • What's a Pandora?

• I saw someone else using one / talking about one

Votes: 9 9.0%

• Total voters

Got ripped off on ebay trying to buy a gp32 and then got an f100 later.  When that started to get knackered I searched for a successor a month off the pandora preorders going live.

Fluked getting my order in within minutes and just feel sorry for the many in those queues that have had to wait forever, due to all the unfortunate disasters that befell the project.  Awesome machine and loving my 1ghz upgrade now.

A podcast from one of the guys from http://www.tllts.org/ called "Lager" contained a GP2X review and I was immediately interested. So bought a GP2X and was very satisfied with it. The only thing I was really missing was a keyboard so the Pandora was the logical next step.
I notice you are one of the few who have been around since the old "Our New Machine" thread :)

Nice to see you are still around.

I read an article in a Swedish magazine, so web article I gather is closest

Last edited by a moderator:
I learned about the device in when I was searching for emulators to run on my 3DS since I had just bought the DSTwo Supercard several months ago.  Forgot exactly which site it was but then there was a pop-up (which I hate and 99.9999999% I closed them) that caught my attention.  I clicked on it and it brought me to a review of the Pandora (I forgot the site's name).  I've never known about what the Pandora was and had no idea it even existed but the review of the site was pretty good so I went on and googled for more details and in about an hour or so I had my mind on the pandora.  I had hard time convinced my wife that I must have this baby since I've already owned almost every system out there.  Luckily it was like a week before Christmas 2012 so that made it a little easier for me to convince her.  I promised her I won't buy another the game in the store for a long time (a year) if she allowed me the GHZ panda for Christmas.  She did.

Sorry!  Maybe I provided to much information but I just want to show how funny it was for me to learn about the Pandora from an unlikely source (a pop-up) and finally own one :D

So lesson learn is if the pop-up looks good, click it.  something cool may happen :D

I was researching open handhelds / small consoles / similar homebrew projects around the net and found it, no publicity got me there, it was a long time ago.

I was searching a way to flash the firmware of my PSP and I found a post about OP in one other forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found out after getting a GP2X... on several homebrew forums and communities there was some discussion about the project (then just a crazy idea).

I’ve followed the project from it’s birth in the good old GP32X days

Ever since owning a GP2X, I had been hoping a similar device would be released that could do one better. Namely having a proper D-Pad and having good battery life.

Back