Release Pandora Case: final prototype

are they changing the case design again from black to clear??
you guys need to learn not to let perfection be the enemy of the good. choose a color, and stick with it. you can then sell the damn thing and use that money to offer differn't colored replacement cases.

It's a Prototype Case to see if the components line up perfectly.
The final one is still going to be black.

Kimundi said:
It's a Prototype Case to see if the components line up perfectly.
The final one is still going to be black.
ah.
this and the blog post made it look like feature creep was setting in..

No. As has been said a multitude of times, this is just transparent for the purposes of making sure everything fits well in the case. All of the production units will be black. It won't be for a while that they'd even consider making other colors.

david_dark_heart said:
Could one of the two Pandoras I've preorder use a transparent case? :oops:
This is a 900 dollar case which takes a long production, maybe transparent cases will be avaible in later batches or as replacement cases, but this case unit is purely to check how the case fits around the motherboard , lcd, lcd cable and speakers.

ohhh... keymats :)

hmmm. Sorry I was never involved in any of the numerous 'keyboard layout' polls/threads.
How does Fn act as Fn lock? Do you have to hold it down for a set amount of time?

Pleng said:
ohhh... keymats :)

hmmm. Sorry I was never involved in any of the numerous 'keyboard layout' polls/threads.
How does Fn act as Fn lock? Do you have to hold it down for a set amount of time?
It's my understanding that all the "function" keys like, shift, fn, alt, and ctrl are "sticky". In that you just have to press them, not hold them for them to alter the next key pressed. So in the case of Fn Lock, you would just press Fn twice to activate it.

mindlord said:
It's my understanding that all the "function" keys like, shift, fn, alt, and ctrl are "sticky". In that you just have to press them, not hold them for them to alter the next key pressed. So in the case of Fn Lock, you would just press Fn twice to activate it.
It was mentioned somewhere on gp32x (many many many months ago, plans may have changed) that it does both: press once and release, and it applies to the next key; or press and hold, and it applies to all keys so long as you're holding that one, just like on your keyboard.

mfk said:
Yes. The clear case is just to see how Pandora people working inside. :p
My girlfriend wanted to see the little gnomes working inside the Pandora case, that is the reason I asked for a transpared Pandora :lol:
I still think a black Pandora is more elegant.

I cannot believe how many people are commenting on the lack of colour.

this is clear to make sure everything inside fits properly, and I imagine this will also show areas of stress - when you bend clear pastic it leaves white stretch marks.

the FINAL pandora is the dark grey/black colour.

please people, at least read the last 3-4 posts! :wacko:

I have aded some infomrations on the first post to remove non sense on some minds ^^

pferguso said:
So let me get this straight. The clear case is just to see how well the components fit inside the case? -JK

yes. The case was also ordered to see how the part that needed to be fixed fits.

-God Ginrai

Back