New and Improved Case Color Poll

What color do you want your Pyra case to be?

• I don't care

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Black

Votes: 38 27.7%
  • Dark Grey

Votes: 23 16.8%
  • Off-White or Beige

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • White

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Dark Red

Votes: 30 21.9%
  • Dark Blue

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Dark Purple

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Clear

Votes: 24 17.5%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

FWIW, I tend to be in favour of a replaceable logo plate, that was not glued in, but held in some other way. For one thing, glue tends to fail after about a decade of storage in my experience, and I'll probably be keeping mine that long. For another, 0.5 millimeter aluminium sheeting is not expensive, and it's not hard to cut, drill or file in into any shape for anyone who wants to personalise their unit

More likely 0.1mm thickness. How do you propose holding this piece of stamped sheet aluminum on the outside of a piece of polycarbonate with near 0mm clearance on the screen side of the lid without using an adhesive?

If it's that thin it's probably pretty flexible. How about tabs that passed through moulded holes in the lid and folded on the other side to hold it in place? At least on a non-trasparent case that should look okay and work well enough, I suspect.

Even on a clear case it shouldn't look horrible, just have the tabs bend inwards toward the logo a bit.

I just got my aluminum case badges (one for a laptop, and one for my Pandora) and when I was pulling one out I folded Tux in half a bit. I did get it flattened back out (but while I was attaching it to my Pandora I was getting tons of texts, which ruined my concentration, so it is slightly crooked :( ). I hope the logo is a bit thicker than these.

I showed my mother the burgundy colored pyra on the preorder page and she had this to say:

"I think I'd like that color better if it were shiny. Actually, I would
prefer it to be blue, maybe a gray blue."

Back