Release Pandora Case: final prototype

Yod4z

We can finaly see how good look the final prototype of the case before production.
http://openpandora.org/blog.php
case1.jpg

This PROTOTYPE case is clear to make sure everything inside fits properly.

The FINAL Pandora will be in dark grey/black colour.

I suppose that if Fatih is posting photos, that means he is back and so he shot some photos before he sent it on to MWeston. Now it will be 4-5 days before it arrives and can be assembled.

I still can't see the pictures on the pandora official blog. I wish they would have white, transparent, and black cases to choose from when you order.

transparent cases would be better for end-user testing.

"Oh yeah, my cable seems to have come loose on this one place"

I'll get a black one, but if for any reason I get a second one, transparency would be a nice option.
And some blinking lights inside the case, even if they don't do anything.

I've never liked transparent cases. Everyone thinks they're cool, there were a lot of transparent game boys in my grade school when I was a kid, I didn't even like them back then. If I did have one when I was a kid I think it would tempt me to take apart my stuff, well, more than I did when I was a kid anyway.

Electronics don't impress me that much.

Awesome pics!

So figure about a week and a half to get mailed, Another week for testing. Assuming nothing wrong, by the end of the month, we'll have a final case mold to make the MP cases right? In the mean time we still need them to get their key mats ready and get them FCC tested... we might start seeing them go out by mid to late june!

...maybe.

Sssoooo... this quote from the blog can still hold?
It does seem like the best date we will have cases is the end of May. After they arrive, we can finally start shipping, as the boards will be ready at that time.

:confused: Right?

Don't forget this:

"Create mould of final case (can be done once the case fits, takes 30 - 35 days)"

This won't happen until MWeston ok's the new prototype. We're talking six weeks until MP, assuming MW gets the prototype this week.

I think a lot of that 30-35 days has already taken place. Craigix said (on the other board, in a short one line post) that some of the case parts are already in MP. Each little part gets its own mold, and I would imagine they'd make one part mold at a time. As soon as that part mold is finished they can start producing that part. If they saved the one part that "just needed a tweak" to the end, they could have had every other mold completed and it only takes a couple days to produce this one final piece.

lulzfish said:
:twisted:
Wasn't this a 2-page thread just a little while ago?

Deja vu is a glitch in The Matrix. It usually means they changed something.
It appears that the settings have been changed from ten posts per page to 20.

Back