Blog Update

lulzfish said:
No, but you can encrypt it, engrave it on a metal block, seal that in a steel safe, and bury that whole apparatus at the bottom of the ocean.
well, in his case he did it by deleting his post

Last edited by a moderator:
You've found me out. I'm hiding terrible secrets by deleting redundant posts. How did I ever think I'd slip that by you?

Chip said:
You've found me out. I'm hiding terrible secrets by deleting redundant posts. How did I ever think I'd slip that by you?
Just don't try it again. You're getting cocky, punk.

craigix said:
Ed is talking about his render, not the real engineering files which are something very different.
:blink: Why would he go through the trouble of creating a new render? I mean, if he is doing it for his own enjoyment, than by all means...but I hope he wasn't creating a render for all of us for no real reason.

I would have rather had a podcast from you guys in a conference call if all it was, was to stir up confidence in this project.

More On Topic, when is the final keymat prototype supposed to be done? Is there going to be a final keymat prototype? Or was that other keymat the prototype that passed and you have ordered 400-4000?

Phawx said:
Why would he go through the trouble of creating a new render? I mean, if he is doing it for his own enjoyment, than by all means...but I hope he wasn't creating a render for all of us for no real reason.
When you render the CAD files as-is, they end up looking like this. It takes a lot more work to make it look "real". The CAD files are finished enough for CNC purposes, but there are probably still some finishing touches like the wording around the ports that still need to be done. Stuff like that isn't vital for what we need the CNC case for - structural testing.

More On Topic, when is the final keymat prototype supposed to be done? Is there going to be a final keymat prototype? Or was that other keymat the prototype that passed and you have ordered 400-4000?
The keymat is finalized and the manufacturer is already making up the molds for mass production.

krooked said:
Re the back of the pandora render:
Basically, it shows the back of the Pandora with all the ports (which we haven't finished designing in that render).
How is it the CNC case could be ordered if the final design on the rendering level isnt decided?

The ports are NOT part of the case - the ports are on the board ;)
The case only has holes where the ports will be :)

Last edited:
Chip said:
The keymat is finalized and the manufacturer is already making up the molds for mass production.
What is the final layout of the keys?

- One more ;) -
Yeah, I know you gotta be fed up with renderings already... however, this one might be interesting for you:
PandaFront_thumb.jpg

This time, you can see the Pandora including the stylus.
The keyboard layout is nearly finished, we're still discussing about some keys and the font, however, I don't think much will change.
Fn+[1 - 0] are the F-Keys, SELECT will be used for CTRL.

The lack of modifier keys makes me sad, but at least they don't seem to be wasting space with THOSE ____ING lock keys either.

If I see those lock keys on one more keyboard.

Wait, what's that one to the left of 'A'??

mali said:
- One more ;) -
Yeah, I know you gotta be fed up with renderings already... however, this one might be interesting for you:
PandaFront_thumb.jpg

This time, you can see the Pandora including the stylus.
The keyboard layout is nearly finished, we're still discussing about some keys and the font, however, I don't think much will change.
Fn+[1 - 0] are the F-Keys, SELECT will be used for CTRL.
The image he put on the screen with "Please Wait..." is incredibly appropriate. :D

Back