Release Final Countdown

it would be nice if we could have some info from evildragon and craigx where the first 500 will be headed. Please tell me that the pandora's in europe and without accesoires will go first :D i payed 50 euro more then other people for the final units...becouse the vat thingy or something like that.

So it would be nice if those 50 euro could be used for fast shipping :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I am probably one of the last people on the list, as far as I am concerned it`s first in first out, that puts me late on for delivery, thats fine with me, if I was really so fired to get one of the first ones I would have biked to work and put car repairs on the back burner to pay early, I still paid for a first batch machine and live in the UK, but it doesn`t make me a special case, I`m willing to wait, you get it when it`s your turn IMO

edit: wow!, I managed to put a sugar rush into text form :)

'borgqueenx' said:
'Shaun.' said:
Its not the waiting I hate the most. Its how the Pandora distracts me and makes me very paranoid.
its really the waiting here...i usally have to wait 2 weeks for every thing i buy on the internet.
But instead of 2 weeks 3 about 2 and a half month...thats reeally something i hate...
but there's nothing i can do about it, so i accepted that fact...and just keep posting and having fun on these forums.

Don't complain about 2 months. I've been waiting close to 2 years (since the beginning of the project). I've been waiting for delivery since I pre-ordered in October (or whenever it was). Also, they're going to be sent out in the order they were ordered in. I'm assuming you pre-ordered late in the first batch, so there's no chance you'll get one of the first 500.

I wonder if the actual Pandoras will be individually numbered ?
I mean, identification sticker or internal code or something ?
at the very least a batch number for ease of any problem identification in future ?

It would be quite nice to see where we were placed in the fist batch of 4000 or so Pandoras ...

Not that lower numbers would show we are more commited to the project, mearly more eager to get our hands on a pandora.

'optional106' said:
at the very least a batch number for ease of any problem identification in future ?

It would be quite nice to see where we were placed in the fist batch of 4000 or so Pandoras ...

Not that lower numbers would show we are more commited to the project, mearly more eager to get our hands on a pandora.
or that your payday was closer to the pre-order deadline
:p :p im just glad i got a cancellation but still had to wait for the ol' student loan

optional106 said:

I was wondering the same, like on my GP2X, "S/N: 2006.05.22 - GP2XV127 - 00005075", it gives it a sense of uniqueness... :p also it identifies it in case it gets stolen :ph34r: .

Lol, I'm so eager to try and do my designing job on the pandora... make a vid, post it on a blog:)

i assumed the number they gave you for your order number was based off of that like DNO___r was it cause put in my preorter a few weeks ago and i was told if i ordered it when i did (pre-volcano) it would ship out in April meaning i should still be part of the first batch that get shipped out some time in early May.

rum runner said:
i assumed the number they gave you for your order number was based off of that like DNO___r was it cause put in my preorter a few weeks ago and i was told if i ordered it when i did (pre-volcano) it would ship out in April meaning i should still be part of the first batch that get shipped out some time in early May.
Woah, slow down.

First, please check the dates of the threads you post in. Bumping things more than a couple of months old is considered poor form. :)

Regarding your order number, it won't give you an indication of your queue position. If you've got an order in, you are indeed in the first batch because second batch orders aren't open yet. The best indication of queue position is the date you ordered, and as you've probably guessed already you'll be close to 4,000.

To be fair, delivering goods a year and a half late is also considered pretty poor form. It took me a while to realise that this thread was a year old - nothing changes :(

D: !!!

I thought I had more time to raise money for the Pandora! I may need to get a job this weekend.

So, disregarding the year, do the estimates at the beginning of the thread still hold?

Back