New and Improved Case Color Poll

What color do you want your Pyra case to be?

• I don't care

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Black

Votes: 38 27.7%
  • Dark Grey

Votes: 23 16.8%
  • Off-White or Beige

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • White

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Dark Red

Votes: 30 21.9%
  • Dark Blue

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Dark Purple

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Clear

Votes: 24 17.5%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

rygD

Nihilistic Mystic
Since a handful of people that weren't fond of a clear case seem to have changed their minds after seeing the prototype injection molded case, here is a fresh poll to see what everyone wants.

Only one choice.

I am still undecided. Dark red, dark grey, black, and clear all sound good to me. Maybe beige and some unpopular choices would be fun.

Er... I wouldn't say this is an improved poll...

Where are first, second, and third choices?

Why are the options diluted by choices that 'clear'ly don't stand a chance?

Er... I wouldn't say this is an improved poll...

Where are first, second, and third choices?
See, it IS improved.

Because people liked those back in your poll.

You said you weren't going to do another one, so why criticize the one you get (if you want it done "right" do it yourself)? Also, why always so deadly serious now? Just have fun and see what people like.

I loved the look of the Pandora 1GHz when someone swapped out that awful silver case for a blend of silver/black (though of course the silver was still vomit-inducingly terrible). To that end, I'd like the Pyra in a two-tone arrangement of black and some other colour (but not silver). Red or Blue would be very nice.

You mean "why have you included options that I don't like?"

Personally I like me some beige.

See, it IS improved.

Because people liked those back in your poll.

You said you weren't going to do another one, so why criticize the one you get (if you want it done "right" do it yourself)? Also, why always so deadly serious now? Just have fun and see what people like.
but... but...

At least allow us to cast 2 votes within one set of options.

P.s. I'm always deadly serious... I just 'appear' to be making light most of the time.

At least allow us to cast 2 votes within one set of options.
As you poined out, I included options that only had a handful of votes last time. I wanted to see how they did this time so that can be considered if there is a next round of voting (plus I wasn't sure if I could have multiple questions for a first and second choice that weren't combined, so the choices could be weighted differently...I think that is something we lost with the new software). Remember, clear was unpopular until we saw the prototype. Even I thought it was a poor choice for the main color, most valuable to modders, but now I might actually enjoy it. Beige may end up being the top choice this time, who knows. I wanted to have a couple more choices, which is why I combined off-white and beige, but there were limits.

P.s. I'm always deadly serious... I just 'appear' to be making light most of the time.
Ah, so the opposite of how I play it (most of the time), maybe. Or maybe not.:mad::D

Just like many others I didn't really like the idea of a clear case before the prototype.
Now I can't decide wether I want a clear or a dark red one :/

Last edited:
I voted for my preferred Dark Blue, though I feel this poll doesn't really allow one to accurately communicate one's preferences.
I'd also be happy with Black. I'm not a fan of red or clear though.

-Neelix

I think 2 picks for everyone would be ideal as we are aiming for at least 2 case variants?

Clear and Black&Red, Possibly Swirls.

EDIT: I like that the poll is dynamic.

I want a black base with a silver lid, just like my Pandora was.
I like the look of the clear base - lots to look at there. But the lid, especially the new back is a bit less interesting. I think, it I had a free choice I'd go for a dark inside lid, opaque back, probably dark grey, and a clear base and battery cover.

I did buy the parts once upon a time to add a black bezel to my silver Pandora, because I do tend to believe a black bezel gives better contrast to a picture, but soon after my LCD cable failed for the last time. I think on balance, if I can't have my ideal pandora, I'll go for dark grey all over as the best balance between making the screen shine, and a cool colour.

The clear case is perhaps especially interesting now as we've not seen how a Pyra all fits together before, but I personally suspect the novelty may wear off.

Are you really letting black win over dark red? come on.
Now that I think of it, clear can be distracting. How about clear on the outside and black around the screen and keyboard (and logo)?
Also ED can do special editions if he wants, like the psp, ds, and ps3 did. Just brainstorming.

But now, seriously, what exactly is the case made of and how much are dyes for that? amateur painter in semi-retirement here.

I voted for my preferred Dark Blue, though I feel this poll doesn't really allow one to accurately communicate one's preferences.
I'd also be happy with Black. I'm not a fan of red or clear though.

-Neelix

By only being allowed to pick one color, it prevents inflated numbers from peoples second/third choices.

What happened to that killer "Yellow"?

If I had to make a choice of the ones presented, I guess dark red. I can't stand black, so as long as there are other color options at launch, I'll be getting anyone that isn't "black".

Chris

Back