Blog Update

dekutree64 said:
But I still worry about the D-pad. I hope it doesn't constantly tip onto diagonals when you're trying to press a single direction, like most circle-type D-pads do.
I wonder too... :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Atako said:
dekutree64 said:
But I still worry about the D-pad. I hope it doesn't constantly tip onto diagonals when you're trying to press a single direction, like most circle-type D-pads do.

The Saturn model 2 d-pad, widely aknowledged as the best d-pad there is, is also a circle type d-pad. If the Pandora's d-pad even comes close to feeling the same I'll be super happy. Also, as said before there will probably custom d-pads that you can get if you're not happy with default.

Eolair said:
Atako said:
dekutree64 said:

The Saturn model 2 d-pad, widely aknowledged as the best d-pad there is, is also a circle type d-pad. If the Pandora's d-pad even comes close to feeling the same I'll be super happy.

So will I. I personally like the Nomad Dpad better than the Saturn's. But aside from that, there still isn't anything else better than the Saturn's.

-God Ginrai

Squidge said:
* - I signed a couple of cheques with a signature nothing like that which I opened the account with, or any previous cheque. It was still cashed however. I didn't go as far as some people who sign there CC receipts "M. Mouse" however.
This was pretty good the first time I saw it: http://www.zug.com/pranks/credit_card/

Pickle said:
Alpha2 said:
That's cool, especially along with the email confirmation that Openpandora got my preorder check in the mail today. 94 cent and it got there over the weekend!
Im curious how do you mail it? Are you from the US using basic us mail? What type of check? standard bank check, COD, etc?

From the US, I used a standard personal check, made sure my funds where in my account, put it in a regular envelope with all my order info, went to the Post Office told them I needed to send a letter over seas, they stamped "air mail" on it and I bought a 94 cent stamp, dropped it in the mail slot.

Did that friday morning and got the email this morning that they got my check.

- Nothing for a while -
EvilDragon said:
Hi!
I know you're all waiting for news... well, here are some tiny tidbits, but nothing major YET. And there won't be as much stuff to post as I did last week, since we're now all waiting for the CNC case.
Well, and that brings us to on topic:
The CNC case has been ordered and while we don't know yet how long it'll take, it should hopefully be finished within the next two weeks.
During that time, we won't have much to show you - well, except for some more polished videos of the prototype case you've seen already since Michael will probably send it to me.
Also, I'll show you some emulators on it, running directly from Matchbox!

I'll also try to do more renderings from various views as well.
Stay tuned! :)

Squidge said:
Banks don't check signatures very well from experience

Every bank has different standards at which TV (technical verification) of cheques will be applied. Some use automated signature comparison against mandate (and other cheques) from the likes of Softpro...

...but the standard of TV would scare almost everyone. Why do you think cheque guarantee cards were needed with cheques? :D

EvilDragon said:
The CNC case has been ordered and while we don't know yet how long it'll take, it should hopefully be finished within the next two weeks.
During that time, we won't have much to show you - well, except for some more polished videos of the prototype case you've seen already since Michael will probably send it to me.
Also, I'll show you some emulators on it, running directly from Matchbox!
They also could use the time to finish the final and printed keyboard-rubber-mat, I'm sure this can be made parallel with the CNC Case...or do we have to wait untill the CNC Case is finished? Protective Case and TV Cable would be also a nice additional feature, there is no time to waste I think and I haven't spotted anything like a final pic of these things. ^_^

fusion_power said:
They also could use the time to finish the final and printed keyboard-rubber-mat, I'm sure this can be made parallel with the CNC Case...or do we have to wait untill the CNC Case is finished? Protective Case and TV Cable would be also a nice additional feature, there is no time to waste I think and I haven't spotted anything like a final pic of these things. ^_^
We're already working on the keymat since last week, don't worry ;)
Also, we're researching about the TV Out cable production, so this is also covered.
But there's not much to show ;)

Last edited:
Sweet, Keep doing your thing.
My fingers will appreciate that ( hopefully ) .
Imagine Mr gonzo making and uploading art LIVE via the Pandora.
Cant wait to start Control+C/V/X/A on that thing!

EvilDragon said:
fusion_power said:
We're already working on the keymat since last week, don't worry ;)
Also, we're researching about the TV Out cable production, so this is also covered.
But there's not much to show ;)

ED would it be possible when you get the FDM case from MWeston to show the Neo Geo emulator by Cpasjuste as well as some of his others - I think he has created quite a few SMS, SNES and Atari ST

Thanks - Keep up the Great Work

- Another Sneak Pic. -
Yup, I found a bit of time... not that much, so there's not that much to see on this picture.
Basically, it shows the back of the Pandora with all the ports (which we haven't finished designing in that render).
From left to right:
Mini USB, EXT Port (where TV Out, etc. will be connected), USB 2.0 and DC in.
Of course, in the finished version those ports will have their names or symbols printed below.
PandaBack_thumb.jpg

Large pic:
http://www.gp32x.de/PandaBack.jpg

Re the back of the pandora render:
Basically, it shows the back of the Pandora with all the ports (which we haven't finished designing in that render).

How is it the CNC case could be ordered if the final design on the rendering level isnt decided?

Back