Pandora at Replay 2011 - Retro Gaming Expo - Let's meet up

lol, great montage! Thats my Pandora at 9.13, the power switch had gone awol :lol:

And that's me helping ED look for it. :)

It was eventually found by Ian J's eagle-eyed missus, Jane.

I love how the flyer advertises the pandora on the one side and the first sentence on the other side is "Forget gaming handhelds" ;)

I see I wasn't the only one to notice that then.

I know it was weird, but as others said: The Pandora is not a gaming handheld and is not advertised as on on the flyer.

It's an open Linux Mini Computer with gaming controls :)

how busy was the pandora talk ED?

Not many people were there, but I didn't expect too many - it wasn't announced except for on the big screen and the room was very well hidden :)

Well, I was happy to even get a table - we were pretty late with planning :)

That's something that will change next year :D

Well ED - I mean... there was a Cosplay competition on at the same time... I mean: priorities right?

We'll definitely be there next year (hopefully with Pandora's) and we'll book hotel so that we can go to any evening events.

ED - Jane is wondering what your room and breakfast was like?

how busy was the pandora talk ED?

Not many people were there, but I didn't expect too many - it wasn't announced except for on the big screen and the room was very well hidden :)

Well, I was happy to even get a table - we were pretty late with planning :)

That's something that will change next year :D

Sorry I missed it. I was in the other hall waiting on some food. Only found the "community hall" after you were back on the M55.

ED - Jane is wondering what your room and breakfast was like?

Well, the room was the size of a cupboard, so when I put my bag on the floor, there was no space to walk anymore :D

It had a TV Remote control and a very old TV that didn't even USE a remote control, which was a bit weird :D

The shower was working nicely, had a nice flow of warm water. The door to the shower was broken, but who cares? :D

So the room was cute and nice, definitely good enough for me :)

Breakfast was okay. I don't like those beans or black cakes that come with English breakfast, but the egg and toast were okay, the cereal was good as well.

For the price, I was pretty happy :)

Black pudding's nice...as long as you switch off your brain whilst eating it.

We should've been more organised and booked hotel's nearby the venue - and then met up in one of them...so I couldn't gone for a drink!

Ed you are correct black puddle tastes like donkey butt (not that I ever tasted donkey butt, but if I had to imagine what donkey butt taste like it would be black pudding).

But saying you dislike baked beans is an offense to the british public :p we take pride on enjoying beans with out breakfast :)

But saying you dislike baked beans is an offense to the british public :p we take pride on enjoying beans with out breakfast :)

Oh, I LOVE beans. Just not for breakfast :)

Probably because our breakfast in Germany is so much different.

Except for eggs, you don't eat anything warm usually.

We eat bread, rolls, yoghurt, cereals and eggs.

Warm food is just for lunch and dinner.

I see that my glowing reports on the blasted wasteland of Blackpool still ring true. Honestly why do they hold it there? It's like making a fresh cup of tea and serving it in a tramp's shoe.

They should hold it somewhere like weston-super-mare which, although still no paradise, makes Blackpool look like... Blackpool.

beans for breakfast is amazing and there are so many choices!

e.g.:

beans on toast

egg and beans

beans and scrambled egg

sausage and beans

or if you are really partial to beans you could try the delicasy that is:

beans and beans

:)

Oh, I LOVE beans. Just not for breakfast :)

Probably because our breakfast in Germany is so much different.

Except for eggs, you don't eat anything warm usually.

We eat bread, rolls, yoghurt, cereals and eggs.

Warm food is just for lunch and dinner.

Whenever I holiday in Bavaria I love to have a German breaky. We usually get a huge load of breads from the bakery and various kinds of meat and cheese. It's one of my favourite parts of being in Germany.

Back