(re)Play Expo 13th/14th October 2012 Manchester UK

Thoroughly enjoyed today, met some great people, did see one guy with a pandora, queing was a joke though.

yeah there was a lot of good games out to play today.

we got there just gone12 too and queue was wrapping around the building, it moved quick though and was only in line for ten mins or so which wasn't too bad.

spent most my time on the old cabinets. some classic vintage machines too even old Caveman Grandstand table top... Which got a quick rinse :)

wanted to get some pics of all the old computers and consoles laid out but my phone ran dead within minutes of getting in... thought I'd have a mains plug to charge it on the train on way up but didn't, so cained most its juice playing Tekken on it on the journey, just got it juiced now in hotel room,

Make sure I take some pics tomorrow.

Any Pandorians there tomorrow with their Panda in arms... :)

arrgh I see no Pandora.. see a stand with a poster that read " possibly the world's smallest computer"

..but was a lie, sure Pandora looked smaller. the zotac.

I had my eye out too for people sitting down around the food area at back hoping to clock someone playing on the Pandora.

damn my eyes!

you there tomorrow too?

did you have a go on the metalgear demo too, I snuck in just to look at it - is nice - they were serving up nice parallax posters to people who queued up to play it and beat the demo though.

I'm on that tomorrow. I want one

Ah well you've defied age sir as I would never have known.

Yeah I went to sit down to have some food with my brother and saw you playing on your Pandora, wish I'd said hi now!

Kinda wished I'd got the weekend ticket as I had so much fun yesterday, definetly a retro gamers dream

just left there, was very good eh, so many great arcade games played. turns out the missus actually likes the racing games too which is surprising.

Metal Gear Rising is amazing too, that little demo taster has whet the appetite, still some months away though.

Arkham on Wii U looked good too, didn't actually play it myself though.

was a retro heaven

Haha Cheers Nathan! Maybe it wasn't me then :wacko: I had my Pandora and a camera bag....

Yeah, same here. I should have looked around rather than sitting with my back to everyone while my daughter scoffed her burger.

I wish I had gone again today too. I'm a bit gutted I missed today after yesterdays fun. I wouldn't have done Blackpool twice though.

Mind you, it would have cost me money if I had gone back. I was after the boxed Atari 520 and Amiga on the Console / games store on the corner but I couldn't remember if I had a 520 in the loft or not so I decided against it. I just remember the cock up at Blackpool last year. I can't remember what it was, it might have been a boxed Atari 2600 (Wood one) and I stupidly thought it would be cheaper on Ebay...yeah...right.

Well, We'll have to organise a meet properly next time.

U noobs, i recognized a Pandora user without actually any external sign of Pandora at the GamesCom.

And no pics :( ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Simply could not afford to go to this this year, no cheap hotels etc. like there were in Blackpool and I spent my overdraft on iCP2 KS.

I'd like to do a get together closer to Christmas though, I'm really frustrated I could not go to replay but there will be something else soon.

Linux-SWAT you must have some Pandora-owner-senses secret powers eh :)

I got a few pics, some of the cabinets out there and some of cosplay peeps, I will up them online later and show you if want - just on train back to London now with ... 5% battery left.

Craig shame you couldn't reach, would've been good to say hello and meet you and your Pandora.

if you do sort a little meet before xmas I would try to get there.

please have Forgotten Worlds on Megadrive or MAME loaded for me :)

@ Fzero. Funnily enough, i manged to get some pics of the Cosplay!

@ Craig. You should have said. you could have stopped here. Plenty of space in the attic bedroom.

Here's my pics, and a few little video clips.

I'm afraid I have no proper camera, this was all taken on my Xperia Play phone, so quality is far from perfect on some of them.

Do have a few more from the Saturday, my phone ran out early but used an old Nokia with a 1.3 or 2MP cam, so not expecting those ones to look that good when blown up on a larger screen but I will see when I back them up.

The Guile done the Sonic Boom move and I captured mid motion so it came out blurry, he had the hair and US flag tattoo, looked the part.

The pic of Necromanca came out ok and that outfit was the nuts...

As were the girls in the Zombie Catwoman / Left 4 Dead Witch / Suckerpunch Babydoll, who also looked very good in their outfits...

A good costume of Link too, but think must've taken pic of her on the other phone...

Pics

[Thumbs below]

Vids

FPS tournament

http://vomitingvultu..._fps_tourny.mp4

Pinball alley

http://vomitingvultu...nball_alley.mp4

Retro Coin-Ops

http://vomitingvultu...tro_coinops.mp4

Retro Machines

http://vomitingvultu...12_retro_pc.mp4

Street Fighter take to the stage

http://vomitingvultu...2012_sf_cos.mp4

11.jpg

21.jpg

31.jpg

41.jpg

51.jpg

61.jpg

71.jpg

81.jpg

91.jpg

101.jpg

111.jpg

121.jpg

131.jpg

141.jpg

151.jpg

161.jpg

171.jpg

181.jpg

191.jpg

201.jpg

211.jpg

221.jpg

231.jpg

241.jpg

251.jpg

261.jpg

271.jpg

281.jpg

291.jpg

301.jpg

311.jpg

321.jpg

331.jpg

341.jpg

351.jpg

361.jpg

371.jpg

381.jpg

391.jpg

401.jpg

411.jpg

421.jpg

431.jpg

441.jpg

451.jpg

461.jpg

471.jpg

481.jpg

491.jpg

501.jpg

511.jpg

521.jpg

531.jpg

541.jpg

551.jpg

561.jpg

571.jpg

581.jpg

591.jpg

601.jpg

611.jpg

621.jpg

631.jpg

641.jpg

651.jpg

661.jpg

671.jpg

681.jpg

Did you try the Wii U ?

Haha, another boobs hunter ^^.

Crazy little tetris machine !

Some stuff is pretty old and pretty used too !

Beast on A1200.

Great pics, thanks :) .

I didn't actually get my hands on the Wii U ... I wanted to but each time I walked around to where it was the queue was still pretty long, I kept thinking to myself I would wait till it was less but it never was.

They had a few openings in their zone though so you could peek through and see people playing it, it did look good, it seems some parts of the game [batman Arkham at least] you have to play on the tablet itself only, on the main screen it was prompting ["look at controller now"], unless the player was just taking long to pull off a move which was being instructed on the tablet so the telly display shows the prompt after a while - not sure?

Looks good though I thought, I was watching a bit of play for a while, and of course a new Mario game.

That Tetris machine was classic :)

So many classic machines there, right down to the old Tomytronic 3D games... and they had plenty tabletop games many of which I'd never even seen before, and the Grandstand Caveman tabletop game which I had to steal a few dino eggs for old times sake on.

edit: added as thumbs now - I see how to do it in the full editor now on desktop not mobile

Damn, I kinda forgot about this, but then had a pretty busy weekend anyway.

Shame, I would have liked to have poked the XCOM guys in the eye ;) Just kidding, it's not great as a remake/reimaging of UFO:Enemy Unknown, but it's not a bad game. They really should have just called it something else (still with the XCOM name, just not Enemy Unknown)

Back