Pandora at Replay 2011 - Retro Gaming Expo - Let's meet up

I'd just like to say I wen to R3play last year and was a bit underwhelmed, I was going to give it a miss this year but the chance to get my hands on a Pandora and meet up with fellow enthusiasts has totally swayed me into going this year.

ROLL ON SATURDAY!!!!

Great to have a lift :)

I don't know if everyone has seen my question, but does anyone have a TV there and a TV Out Cable so we can show off the Pandora (or at least show some videos without TV Out Cable)?

I'm coming in the roadster so there is no room to bring a screen (or anything bigger than the video camera really).

I *might* be able to fit in a 14" flat screen... but it would be pushing it.

Awww maaan, Nick and you will also be coming... you are making it deliberately hard for me not to come (but alas I really can't now).

Have a good time you guys and as a reminder: PandoraPress wants your written stories, photos and videos! :D
There'll be words.

I don't know if everyone has seen my question, but does anyone have a TV there and a TV Out Cable so we can show off the Pandora (or at least show some videos without TV Out Cable)?
I have a 20" flat screen, some of wizardstan's connectors, some of Peca's BoBs and no soldering skills, but a few days to practice.

No... one of these:

1279660184_105417697_6-Smart-Roadster-Coupe-82cv-Edicao-Jack-Black-Portugal-1279660184.jpg

I'm coming in the roadster so there is no room to bring a screen (or anything bigger than the video camera really).

Are you bringing an iCP with an iPhone with you?

And you can sell iCPs right at the Replay, if you want :)

I have a 20" flat screen, some of wizardstan's connectors, some of Peca's BoBs and no soldering skills, but a few days to practice.

Are you coming to the Replay?

When? At least the TV would help, then I could at least show Pandora videos there and stir attention! :)

A giant alcoholic Jaffa cake?

Imagine software are going to be doing a talk at R3play this year, heres a wee BBC2 documentary from 1984 about them..

Saturday or Sunday?

I'm looking forward to watching that documentry tonight!

And Mr_Loon: thanks for the name badge!

As for the evening - I'm up for a few drinks but I will have my family with me so we'll have to see (if I get moaned at too much)

See y'all Saturday :)

Actually if you edit out all of the colour scenes and replace most of the people with snippets from the Jewellery section of the argos catalogue, then you're left with an excellent portrayal of Blackpool in November

I could send you my TV Out Cable which I bought from peca. DHL usually takes one day to deliver within Germany, so you could still receive it in time.

Just let me now if it would help.

I could send you my TV Out Cable which I bought from peca. DHL usually takes one day to deliver within Germany, so you could still receive it in time.

Just let me now if it would help.

Well, depends on if anyone round there has a TV :/

Glad to hear that people are liking the look of the badges, I'll have a chance to print off some more tonight, there are 6 left so should be able to cover the requests.

@ ED : I'll be travelling up on the train so sadly won't be able to help with the TV.

@ Craig : Is it the finest wine available to humanity?

@ Everyone : Re the post replay meet up, sounds like there are a few interested in this so I'm going to suggest my original suggestion of the Ramsden Arms @ 8.30 PM this will allow people to 'freshen up' after replay, grab a bite to eat or get a few down you elsewhere. It is near Blackpool North Railway station so those heading home by train would hopefully be able to pop in for a quick half before departure. It also gives a chance for those not going to replay on the Saturday to be able to met up. If there are no concrete suggestions for an alternative venue for a post replay meet up I'll alter the first post with these details tonight.

Bring it on ! :)

Glad to hear that people are liking the look of the badges, I'll have a chance to print off some more tonight, there are 6 left so should be able to cover the requests.

@ ED : I'll be travelling up on the train so sadly won't be able to help with the TV.

@ Craig : Is it the finest wine available to humanity?

@ Everyone : Re the post replay meet up, sounds like there are a few interested in this so I'm going to suggest my original suggestion of the Ramsden Arms @ 8.30 PM this will allow people to 'freshen up' after replay, grab a bite to eat or get a few down you elsewhere. It is near Blackpool North Railway station so those heading home by train would hopefully be able to pop in for a quick half before departure. It also gives a chance for those not going to replay on the Saturday to be able to met up. If there are no concrete suggestions for an alternative venue for a post replay meet up I'll alter the first post with these details tonight.

Bring it on ! :)

Sounds good. This means I can take the wife n kids out for a meal, they go back to the hotel and I can get smashed with you lot...or mildy inebriated anyway :)

Please someone bring LemmingsSDL!

EDIT: Just seen that there is a newsfield talk on Sunday. I loved Crash and I'm going to miss this - please somebody video it!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back