Pandora at Replay 2011 - Retro Gaming Expo - Let's meet up

I also need to get the ticket and look for a hotel :)

Best would be a hotel not too far away :)

Which station should I get off in Blackpool?

Or does anyone want to pick me up at Manchester airport (maybe someone from that area is going there?)
I could probably pick you up from the airport if you want

Edit: I'll need to check what time I need to be there for the SSFIV tourney. If it'll give me enough time, there'll be no probs

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm there is a ssf5 tourney? i might have to practice :)
I hope not, I'm still playing 4 :p

Unfortunately, it's on the PS3, which has the worst pad going for streetfighter IMO... I've got a SF 15th Anniversary PS2 pad with USB adapter (which is actually nice to use), can anyone confirm these work? One of the guys at the event said there'll be spare pads, and a few sticks, but first come first served on those. I'm a bit more of a pad guy anyway

Right :)

Bought my flight to Manchester now.

Will arrive Saturday, 10:15am in Manchester and will fly back at 5:20pm on Sunday :)

Or does anyone want to pick me up at Manchester airport (maybe someone from that area is going there?)

Great news that you're coming along, the fact you're willing to come so far is very much appreciated.

If you can't get anyone to pick you up (being a non driver can't help you with that one) then there is a railway station at Manchester Airport, get a train from there to Manchester Piccadilly, change trains there and get a train from Piccadilly direct to Blackpool North.

UK Rail info

I was in Blackpool earlier this year and stayed here : the bluebell price was good, room was clean, breakfast was superb & the owners were really friendly.

You can get to the venue for replay using Blackpools most excellent tram system.

hmmm there is a ssf5 tourney? i might have to practice :)
I hope not, I'm still playing 4 :p

Unfortunately, it's on the PS3, which has the worst pad going for streetfighter IMO... I've got a SF 15th Anniversary PS2 pad with USB adapter (which is actually nice to use), can anyone confirm these work? One of the guys at the event said there'll be spare pads, and a few sticks, but first come first served on those. I'm a bit more of a pad guy anyway

lol yeah i meant ssf4 what?? why ps3 version when xbox version is prob more easy to aquire, I only have the sf4 arcade stick and that wont work on ps3 version i would imagine.

lol yeah i meant ssf4
I know, I was just yanking your chain.

what?? why ps3 version when xbox version is prob more easy to aquire,
No idea. It's kinda annoying. I main as Cammy on the Xbox, but you basically can't play as her on pads because of the ridiculous moveset she has. I'll probably end up maining as Akuma or some other shoto (DeeJay is a possibility though)

Edit: If anybody wants to warm up. my XboxLive tag is MarqROFL.

Edit: I'll need to check what time I need to be there for the SSFIV tourney. If it'll give me enough time, there'll be no probs
Hi Mark

We don't have confirmed times yet, but the closer you arrive to opening time

(10am) the better. Having said that, I can't see the SF4 tournament starting

before 11am, however.

--Dave
Might be pushing it, I'm afraid :( Could definately drop you back off on the Sunday though if you want

ill send you an add now.
Yay! :D

That would be great, easy and without and hazzles for me :)

Let me know if this works out :)

this seems to be turning into a world summit for Pandora people!! ;) (damn you jury duty that I can't travel over!!)

Hi Mark

We don't have confirmed times yet, but the closer you arrive to opening time

(10am) the better. Having said that, I can't see the SF4 tournament starting

before 11am, however.

--Dave
Might be pushing it, I'm afraid :( Could definately drop you back off on the Sunday though if you want

Fine as well :)

this seems to be turning into a world summit for Pandora people!! ;) (damn you jury duty that I can't travel over!!)

If you've not started the jury service already, just claim you have 'spent' youth convictions no longer on your adult record and they'll probably drop you from the jury selection ;)

Hmm yeah must find a hotel/ B and B nearby and book my plane ticket and then im set.Should be fun.Ill be the guy wearing a Transformers Watch! Yes im a certified nerd.

If you've not started the jury service already, just claim you have 'spent' youth convictions no longer on your adult record and they'll probably drop you from the jury selection ;)
Or Get your doctor to write a note saying your ill.Works a treat if your Doctors name is Dr Conrad.

Back