Pandora at Replay 2011 - Retro Gaming Expo - Let's meet up

I concede. Just get me a ticket and I'll dance around semi-naked with my Pandora. That'll turn some heads, at least.

In all seriousness you would be beaten to a pulp by a small group of fleshy cauliflowers wearing gold plated jewellery and shiny tracksuits.

I went with three friends last year and they wanted to actually go out on the town after the Saturday event, I told them they were out of their minds and stayed in the hotel. Actually they came back hours later perfectly fine, although they said it was like a cross between 1991 and London after the blitz. Anyway, I drank most of a bottle of whiskey at our hotel bar and chatted to the barman and the absolutely bat shit insane south African owner, she actually gave me free drinks and showed me pictures of her son on facebook, and then called him at 2am so that I could speak to him?! She also showed us pictures of Robert Mugabe's house... She kept calling me "CHINA" and making weird noises like 'ZZZZOOOT!' and 'WWWWWWHIP!' and then laughing uncontrollably, utter nutter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Replay 2011 seems like it could be interesting. Looks like it has two major flaws though.

1) It's being held at Norbreck Castle Hotel which is a dated, pebbledashed novelty shithole of a 'hotel'.

2) It's in Blackpool which quite frankly is the stag and hen capital of the North, complete with puking drunks, violent door staff and fights in the kebab shop at 2am, so expect to be on some reality TV show if you go for a drink in town.

sounds like my kind of party. as luck would have it my wife is a flight attendant and if i could get her to pick up a manchester trip that weekend and bring me with her i suppose it would be possible... im gonna look into this a little...

OK guys can we decide whether it will be the Saturday or the Sunday...

Take it you mean for the Pandora meet up? It seems sensible to have it on Saturday evening as my guess is most people would be heading back on Sunday afternoon / early evening.

I propose the following motion to the floor : Lets meet at 8.30PM on the evening of Saturday 5th November in a traditional English Pub somewhere in Blackpool. Anyone willing to second this?

When we've got a better idea of the number of people who'll be coming along then we could look for an exact venue.

Well I don't think this is going to be financially viable for me, at this time, My wife's visa and getting her and my son over here obviously take priority and after paying for the visa application and solicitor today, I'm quite frankly skint as a duck.

as anyone decided on a day yet cos I'm definitely going to go see Craigix and EvilDragon, we need to know weather its the Saturday or the Sunday so we can get tickets.

as anyone decided on a day yet cos I'm definitely going to go see Craigix and EvilDragon, we need to know weather its the Saturday or the Sunday so we can get tickets.

Well, if I do go, it'll be on the Saturday as I'll have to get back to civilisation on the Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking the same but we need to know when craigix and evildragon are giong or we will could miss them.

For out of towners what would be the best way to get there?

What city should we fly into? Liverpool?

Can you take a train up to Blackpool?

Any hotels near the event that would be reasonible to stay at?

If anyone has easy answers to those questions please let me know. I'm a long shot in terms of actually going out there but Austria is not horribly far away just a few hour flight.

For out of towners what would be the best way to get there?

What city should we fly into? Liverpool?

Can you take a train up to Blackpool?

Any hotels near the event that would be reasonible to stay at?

If anyone has easy answers to those questions please let me know. I'm a long shot in terms of actually going out there but Austria is not horribly far away just a few hour flight.

OK, so don't laugh, but Blackpool actually has an airport.

http://www.blackpoolinternational.com/flight-times.php

Admittedly it has a limited number of destination, but if you want to fly via Dublin you could do it.

Nearest sensible airport, (you know the ones where you don't have to walk across the tarmac to the plane) would be either Liverpool or Manchester.

Both of those places are connected to the locomotive network and as long as there are no leaves on the line, journey-time is around an hour. (Get off at Blackpool North, unless you want a very long walk into town.)

As for places to stay there are a bucket load. I'm afraid that I cannot recommend any as I always stay with my parents. It just depends on how far you want to travel to get to the event and how deep your pockets are.

There is a tram running from Fleetwood, North of Blackpool all the way past town to the Pleasure Beach, so you could stay anywhere along that coast and jump on a tram to get to Replay easily.

Oh, and if it's rubbish you can always sit on a tram and go to see the illuminations. Psychotropics not required but advised.

http://www.blackpool-illuminations.net/

Hope that helps.

The famous illuminations... I didn't see them when I was there, they must have been behind the rubbish light bulbs and discarded papier-mache GCSE art exhibitions that littered the streets

I'd definitely be up for this, I like blackpool nightlife and their illumination's, I'm guessing I still won't have my Pandora by then as I'm back of batch one so would be nice to have a quick go on someone else's

Got the time off too

If the guys are definitely going then I'll probably end up coming, my friend wants to go back anyway. It would actually be cool to meet real Pandorians, maybe we should devise a system to recognise fellow forum members, like a pink carnation? or maybe just a sticky label with your screen name on it...

Back