Ouya - Android based open gaming console

The success of this thing entirely depends on the choice of a micro or full-size SD.

Government won´t much interfere I guess, It is not all crowd source funding that is going the ´cheap´ way with the main stream.

It would at least be unfair to the others who take care on who comes in.
I can't see the government not looking at taxing over 3 million dollars. If it's not an investment then what is it? A donation? A gift? Are they legally entitled to declare it? If the banks feel that there is money to be made with these funding sites then they will lobby the government for regulations.

I thought you had to pay taxes when you get to the money.

If you really don´t, them I think you are right.

The lower supporters maybe don´t need, but anything that has a product in exchange is not a donation anymore I guess.

Good point.

Dave perry i believe.He sold gakai the cloud gaming company to sony.He would say something like that when he was offering cloud gaming.BS is what it is.dizzy creator oliver twin said it was bollocks also.

Looks like the controller is $30 so that would mean they want to build the console for $65... i really hope it works out for them. I will get one after they actually start selling them.

After learning kickstarter is merit based and they dont owe anyone squat if they fail... im going to hold onto my measily $100 until something materializes... they have the more than 4x their original goal

Sent from my MB612 using Tapatalk 2

I emailed kickstarter and tried to get a response from that Penny arcade kickstarter. It really shouldn't be used as a way to whore money for nothing or even something which already exists.

Because their whole "pay us to remove ads" thing is pretty damn weak.

• 3. Prohibited uses:
    No charity or cause funding. Examples of prohibited use include raising money for the Red Cross, funding an awareness campaign, funding a scholarship, or promoting the donation of funds raised, or future profits, to a charity or cause.
  • No "fund my life" projects. Examples include projects to pay tuition or bills, go on vacation, or buy a new camera.

Last edited by a moderator:
This from Ouya CEO, from the article on Wired is slightly worrying :

“I think they tell all of their projects to really ask for the money that you need,” she said. “And so what we asked for would be enough to fund the movement of our hardware from prototype to production, to finalize our development tools and start seeding game development.”

That does seem to suggest they believe that they can make & deliver the hardware & software for $120* per order.

*$120 From some quick back of a fag packet maths.

Maybe if they launched in March 2014 they could pull it off at that price, if they ship all their units by March 2013 as planned then I'll be pretty astounded.

Its not very interesting to me.I could just get an android tablet if i wanted.Boring really. Pandora 2 and xbox 720 are all i require inthe future.

Looks like the founder of Ouya is reading her tweets. I tweeted it was a dumb idea to close of the Developer pledges and that surely they needed as many developers as possible. I went on to say it was a bad look and that she should open them up again.

Sure enough , a couple of hours later she opened them up again.

I sent her that pic of you in a bra SONY, I think that sealed the deal. :p

Well The OUYA uses a tegra 3 soc

The nexus 7 cost $151 to make.

Remove the display/touchscreen, battery, accelerometers, and camera so remove $77.25 and the final cost to make one system is about $73 not considering manufactuering cost but it seems they're working with nvidia now.

http://www.kickstart...e-console/posts

http://www.xbitlabs....n_Analysis.html

That price might be true if they were making 1million of them. They are not. They are still in 'we don't give a fuck about you' territory as far as manufacturers are concerned.

Then they have to make that controller.

Wow. I'd expect that to be $35-$40 at least just based on the iCP costs.

Just even give them some time for success ...or fail... and not judging right now please. :rolleyes:

Give them a fair chance to proof that they can do it, you all wanted that people are fair to the Pandora, don't forget this. ;)

Back