another bloody android console

Summing up: It's an Ouya with the most crap controller idea imaginable. Just get an Ouya

controller idea is shit. Using smarties might be more useful, and you can eat them afterwards.

I and others are working on a game for pandora and ouya.Its early days yet but i will be damned if it don't get finished.

Ouya seems like a sensible place to release a game, ios and android are apparently very crowded.

The OUYA is better to be ordered via the Kickstarter than their official site eh []http://www.ouya.tv/buyouya/]

...As you also get to reserve your gamer name.

...Except, that is over now of course :)

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^^Yeah will get an ouya id say.all ouyas are dev kits, and we will maybe need one when making the game for it.

Nah, just get an Oton. ;)

Seriously, I can't think of an implementation of the attachable buttons that would be worthwhile... how good will the tactile response be? Will the suction cups or whatever they use stick adequately? How many people want to fuss with sticking the buttons in exactly the right places? Will there be misses or accidental presses from the touchscreen (in/)sensitivity?

I'm not trying to steal thunder from the innovation of how the buttons can be adapted to each game, but the very nature of what they're attempting casts a tall dubious shadow over the quality of the end result. They'll need some genius ideas to make this aspect any good...

ControllerButtons.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back