[Original Game] AquaVenture

please fix the ending to be all happy and romantic soon - before I finish the game - I don't want to freak out and break my pandora!!!

If you can make a day 26 hours long (without the need for sleep), remove my need to work (ie pay for my mortgage) and supply me with copious amounts of tea and pepperoni pizza; it's a deal! :D

In the mean-time, I'm working on it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I'm curious and want to see the current endig before iprice is forced by a mad mob of raging romantics to change it! :p

Just played it and it is great.
Challenging puzzles and cute graphics as well as a story that reminds me on super meat boy. The start at least ;)

I've not played SuperMeatBoy, although it is in my Steam account, so the story isn't borrowed from that or any other source.

I designed the sub without having a reason to use it. Remember I said at the start of this thread that it may or may not appear? At that point I had no idea if it would or not, but I didn't want it to go to waste. It was a real last minute thing - two days before I submitted there was no story or reason to the collecting of the gems. i knew I wanted to say that the wildlife shouldn't be harmed or allowed to be harmed, but couldn't think how I could integrate that. Then I thought another character could introduce that element. It was only afterwards that I thought that the NPC could get kidnapped, forming the reason to play through the levels. I initially thought of another method of capture, but then thought that the plunger idea would be good for a laugh; it was a lot easier to draw and animate it too. Bonus!

I'm pleased that people are enjoying the game.  :)

I can't give you 26 hour day, but you're welcome to borrow my romantic heart graphic ... it don't really fit with your stylish pixel-art though!

screen3.jpg

I didn't want to accuse you of stealing from super meat boy.

In this game, there is the bad guy who punches you, takes away your girlfriend and then you have to complete the next level to get her back.

This resemblence just made me giggle.

iprice, I promise to buy you a pizza  (note: not an infinite supply of pizza!)

also the "hero saves princess / girlfriend" theme is of course a common one in games ...

e.g. such classics as Super Mario and Rescue ;)   males are mainly motivated by "want girlfriend"

Last edited by a moderator:
iprice, I promise to buy you a pizza  (note: not an infinite supply of pizza!)

also the "hero saves princess / girlfriend" theme is of course a common one in games ...

e.g. such classics as Super Mario and Rescue ;)   males are mainly motivated by "want girlfriend"
hehe, the famous Double Dragon story! I love it.

"hero saves princess / girlfriend"
Some of the best stories ever told are based on that age-old premise. And who says that the NPC in pink is female? ;) ;) :p

Hints for level 29:

Go straight down first and move the sponge so it doesn't get killed in the barrel explosion. The murder of cute, innocent wildlife is forbidden.

Don't get the gem that's at the top until later on.

Don't push the bottom-most barrel too far to the right.

:)

Hi iprice,

as always a very nice game. But since I always here Audiobooks with my Pandora I would really like to turn off the sounds in the game.

Also I have to remind you that Dino Defense needs more Love :D

I have now finished the game! Excellent, all through. Me like.

:D

I can certainly add an option to turn off sound. DD will get more time spent ont it when I have more time to spend on it! :p :(

Instead of an option, I suggest just skip sound if it fails to initialise sound (i.e. the sound system is busy), rather than exiting.

This is a good game! :) But what a terrible ending!

One thing I'd suggest is make continue the default option on the menu rather than New Game.

- Neelix

Back