[Original Game] AquaVenture

looks cool, I can see I'm going to enjoy playing this one :)

really lovely! can't wait to get my hands on this. always have been a fan of your work :)

Last edited by a moderator:
How about an open2x/gp2x release? What are you using, just SDL? If you release the code, I can try to port it on my own. :D

I am REALLY interested in this game and I am quite sure, that my girlfriend would like this game, too. :)

Edit: And btw.: Windows is not the only PC operating system. :p But I will try it with wine...

I have released the source within the .pnd - it's GLBasic though.

I have been too busy to test this yet on Wiz or GP2X so far (I've coded 5 brand new applications in the last 2 months, as well as ports and conversions of other things).

I have a Wiz and 2xGP2X (F100 and F200) so I will test them later.

That sounds great!

Ah, a glBasic game. Should be easy to port, but unfortunately I never used it, so I can't help.

However, I tested your game with wine. The first level is quite hard. I got it to the first jewel, but the bubbles push me up then. You should REALLY work on your learning curve. And there is no ingame help, which makes it pretty hard to figure out, how it works. ;)

I've just added a Wiz version - http://www.iprice.remakes.org/my_stuff/wiz_AquaVenture.zip

:)

It appears blank for a few seconds at the start of the app - stick with it :)

That sounds great!

Ah, a glBasic game. Should be easy to port, but unfortunately I never used it, so I can't help.

However, I tested your game with wine. The first level is quite hard. I got it to the first jewel, but the bubbles push me up then. You should REALLY work on your learning curve. And there is no ingame help, which makes it pretty hard to figure out, how it works. ;)
That's not the first level. I think the profile is being loaded. Restart the game and it'll start properly with the full intro.

That's not the first level. I think the profile is being loaded. Restart the game and it'll start properly with the full intro.
Ah! In that case, I am incredible good, solving the half level without knowing what to do! ^^

Nice game. Here's some feedback

• The first time I ran this, it started me on some level with a barrel on the orange spongey things - quitting to the menu a couple of times (after getting stuck, I hadn't noticed the play button), it then started me on the first level with the intro
  • The green squid is inconsistant. At 10m, collecting the bottom middle gem, the squid doesn't move, but most others in my line of sight, it does.
  • You lose the level when a squid or a crab dies. I guess it's part of the puzzle, but it's not obvious the first time around. Not sure you really need to change anything, but it was a "what was wrong with that?" for a moment until I figured it out
  • Game crashed (well, just disappeared) on 13m "Are you shore" (Windows build) - when I went down to the bottom and the starfish blew up on the mine. Couldn't reproduce though.
  • Key repeat is quite slow
Wouldn't say there was anything to change (well, maybe the key repeat speed), just my initial impressions as I gave it a play

The first time I ran this, it started me on some level with a barrel on the orange spongey things
Are you playing the pc version? That has a tendency to start on a late level. Don't know why yet, not had time to look. It shouldn;t but you're not the first person to report this. Restarting the game does indeed start at the first proper level. Strange but true.

The green squid is inconsistant.
It's not - it studies the environment...

You lose the level when a squid or a crab dies. I guess it's part of the puzzle, but it's not obvious the first time around.
It's explained in the opening level intro - perhaps it wasn't clear enough. Live animals (LOVE), Dead animals (CRY). I had a tick and a cross at first, then I tried Smileys. I wasn't really happy.

Game crashed (well, just disappeared) on 13m "Are you shore" (Windows build) - when I went down to the bottom and the starfish blew up on the mine. Couldn't reproduce though.
That's never happened for me, but possible.

Key repeat is quite slow
That's deliberate - later levels need accuracy - moving too fast causes too many failures.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Ah!! I've solved the level 30 thing. You're presing ENTER on the title screen to start the game aren't you? It should be space. I accidently left ENTER in for bug-testing the end of the game. D'oh!!!

Nice game, my son and I had some fun playing the first several levels!  Those squids are tricky!

Very charming game with cute graphics and good levels.

Thanks for this little gem!

The green squid really is hard to get by.

I also encountered the crash in level 13 as described by pmprog above.

(I am playing on my pandora though)

The first time I ran this, it started me on some level with a barrel on the orange spongey things
Are you playing the pc version? That has a tendency to start on a late level. Don't know why yet, not had time to look. It shouldn;t but you're not the first person to report this. Restarting the game does indeed start at the first proper level. Strange but true.
Also does this on the PND version - only just d/l'd the PND, so
The green squid is inconsistant.
It's not - it studies the environment...
So does it not try and kill me when collecting that gem because the environment was checked before my move was processed, and the gem was still there blocking? Otherwise, I'm not sure why it wouldn't come down and kill me on that turn. I guess it's not a big deal, that's part of the game - learning to manipulate the characters
You lose the level when a squid or a crab dies. I guess it's part of the puzzle, but it's not obvious the first time around.
It's explained in the opening level intro - perhaps it wasn't clear enough. Live animals (LOVE), Dead animals (CRY). I had a tick and a cross at first, then I tried Smileys. I wasn't really happy.
I rewatched the intro when playing the PND version, I guess I just didn't pick up on that when I first watched it.

Key repeat is quite slow
 That's deliberate - later levels need accuracy - moving too fast causes too many failures.
Fair point, though it can feel a little frustrating in the easier levels. Could you maybe add a "turbo" button? Not sure if your code would support it, but could be a nice option earlier on

Ah!! I've solved the level 30 thing. You're presing ENTER on the title screen to start the game aren't you? It should be space. I accidently left ENTER in for bug-testing the end of the game. D'oh!!!
hehe, at least you know what caused it. Yeah, I did. First key I try on menus :)

Edit: Oh, IMO this would be better with the "Puzzle" category over "Arcade", maybe that's a preference thing though?

Back