Best arcade intro to a game

To be honest, I think the best intro is no intro. I hate games that have long intro's, especially when it is not possible to skip it. If I want to play a game, I do not want to watch a movie. 

I don't know of any arcade games with unskippable intros. Insert credit, press 1p start and the machine wakes up for you. It's only on disc-based home consoles where they need to load game data during the first intro where they make it unskippable (excepting contractual video codec etc. screens).

Personally my favourite of the Street Fighter intros is SF3 third strike's intro. But it's not that amazing, so I won't link it.

I did try to find an old intro I liked from the late 90s, I think. It was a Japanese shooter, and used loads of parallax and atmospheric music. I thought it was Sokyugurentai, but I checked youtube and it's not.

I don't know of any arcade games with unskippable intros. Insert credit, press 1p start and the machine wakes up for you. It's only on disc-based home consoles where they need to load game data during the first intro where they make it unskippable (excepting contractual video codec etc. screens).

Personally my favourite of the Street Fighter intros is SF3 third strike's intro. But it's not that amazing, so I won't link it.

I did try to find an old intro I liked from the late 90s, I think. It was a Japanese shooter, and used loads of parallax and atmospheric music. I thought it was Sokyugurentai, but I checked youtube and it's not.
Radiant Silvergun? was it horizontal or vertical rayforce raystorm come to mind metal black used a shed load of parallax effects

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest, I think the best intro is no intro. I hate games that have long intro's, especially when it is not possible to skip it. If I want to play a game, I do not want to watch a movie. 
Yup arcades use the intro in "attraction mode" and with a couple of gameplay demos usually. I don't think I've seen a machine that doesn't let you jump right in as soon as it has your money...

I had to rub my eyes for a minute after watching that how did they not get sued from capcom?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard to pick a best arcade intro for me, was thinking perhaps Star Wars arcade pretty much for the theme tune and just because it's Star Wars...

Operation Wolf did pop to mind though, with the classic "Operation, Wolf" at the end.

Isn't even that stunning really but something about it, perhaps where I just loved it so much when I was a 11 or however old I was then.

Also, because of it's similarities to the film Commando staring Arnie, which is one of my old classic favs from the 80's.

The start of Operation Wolf is like the bit in Commando where Arnie kits himself out to raid the house and take down that scumbag Bennett :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R37IyVo011g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNEiBl3aQcY

Back