Release Open Arena

Hum, not sure I get you. There is a protocol between the client and the server, based on Command code + a bunch of parameters, depending on the command code. Does that awnser?

What do you have in mind?

I think he means launching the game with command line parameters to say start on a specific map and such.

OOOh, ok, sorry.

Well, I pass argument to openarena executable in the runscript. I jhave to check in the code what is done with those arguments...

Nope, like you can change parameters on the fly from e.g. Pandora button ?

New build, with analog nub in joystick mode.

Build 03

-----------

• fixed some bugs on the GLES context creation.
  • added the ability to change nubs function (see files left_nub and right_nub in appdata/openarenahome)
  • added toggleCrouch, disabled by default, and activable by adding the following line to config file (appdata/openarena/home/.openarena/baseoa/q3config.cfg): seta in_toggleCrouch "1"

Problem is, I'd like to inform them of the port, but I don't find any email adress to write to, just the forum.

Is there someone already registered to their forum, to make a post about this port?

This is really dark for me. The brightness control under setup is disabled. Is there a fix?

This is really dark for me. The brightness control under setup is disabled. Is there a fix?
Yes, open this file:

appdata/openarena/home/.openarena/baseoa/q3config.cfg

and search for the line

seta r_gamma

put "2" for some pretty high gamma (my personal level). You can put higher, but color will be washed out.

It was already set to 2. Why can't the brightness be adjusted in the game using setup? Why is it disabled? There is a separate setting for gamma in the setup. Are you sure it is the same thing as brightness?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think there are some settings that will lockup the game if they are adjusted ob the fly and are therefore disabled in the menus.

I don't know, but I can verify that when you change some of the settings, it pukes. I haven't got the hang of the nubs that well, and definitely not for OA. The lack of clarity for the display pretty much makes it unplayable for me. I'm sure for other nub masters it is fine.

The brightness setting is the gamma value. It is disabled in the gui because I haven't put any hardware support. But I'm surprised that with a gamma of 2 you still find the screen to dark. Try 2.2 and be sure to put harware britness to the max with Fn-I)

Back