Release Open Arena

Just some report:

Opening the console is broken.

It's TAB on in the config file I've sent you.

Test.

Hard to describe.

Somehow you're out of the game but the game is still the overlay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Test.

Hard to describe.

Somehow you're out of the game but the game is still the overlay.
Oh. I think I understant. You go back to the terminal, but OpenArena is still running (because it use FrameBuffer, not X11 Window). So I have to why openning the console kick you out...

A nice trick, for those playing with OpenArena: remove the OpenAL option (it's in setup|System|Sound). You'll get much better performances without it!

(The same trick don't work yet on JK, but I will update it very soon).

Other than that, optimising the game will require to write the Quake3 VM ARM Recompiler :( .

Would vanilla Quake 3 run faster than this if you got a chance to compile it, or is it the enhanced AI and physics in Open Arena make it run slower?

A nice trick, for those playing with OpenArena: remove the OpenAL option (it's in setup|System|Sound). You'll get much better performances without it!

Are you providing openal, which in that case are you using the neon capable one?

Would vanilla Quake 3 run faster than this if you got a chance to compile it, or is it the enhanced AI and physics in Open Arena make it run slower?

I'll experiment with vanilla quake3, and report. But next week probably.
Thanks for that in advance! In Open Arena, would it not be easier to have the dpad mapped to strafing rather than turning?

Are you providing openal, which in that case are you using the neon capable one?
Yes I am. But the neon part is not extensive in OpenAL, there are still many loop using plain C code, with many memory pointer access... I used latest openal-soft from git repository, with NEON activated. 3D positionning is still more expansive than simple 2D stereo mix code..

A nice video, like always :)

I've seen some Z-order bugs sometimes, so I guess you recorded that on a Gigahertz model with default drivers...

Thats right,i reflashed,updated,installed Community Codec Pack and replaced the Mplayer Files with them from Smplayer2.

But this mplayer Version is old too,i wish someone will release a newer MplayerVersion for Pandora OS :)

Nice that you find the Video good,thx :)

New build on the repo. It's big, but a recomanded update anyway. Better perf.

Build 02
----------

• Optimised a bit the GLES renderer, especialy stencil shadows (put cg_shadows to "2" to use them)
  • Configurerd Left Nub as Joystick. So Left Nub is usable to move (DPad is still usable). Use "Enter" to validate in menu
  • Added a default tuned config, if you want it.
  • Refined the launch script.

I just played the update for about 20mins. and I must declare this is a real polished version here.

Crystal clear, excellent nub use and I lover her screams  :eek:   :lol:

Many,many thanks to all involved.

Last edited:
Back