Release Mupen64Plus new version runs Zelda OOT and much more !!

It's not that the drivers are necessarily bad Fusion_Power, it's just that you will always be at a disadvantage by doing things through a standardized and relatively high level API that a lot of hardware has to conform to. This is a reason why early on there was a lot of support for 3dfx's Glide API, because it was a proprietary interface that cut out a lot of the stuff something like OpenGL has to deal with.

Driver updates do actually happen, TI does provide them.. having updates all the time is not strictly a sign of a superior product.

Ok.

I guess this is because the OMAP Chipset we are using in thePandora, actualy was designed for a pretty wide range of various Smartphones and Mini Computer thingies, including a wide range of compatibility but no real in deep access for special functions? Would make sense. I guess TI had reasons for making the Chipset exactly like it is. However, their OMAP Advertisements could be at least a little bit les sensational IMHO. From reading all this stuff you could think with the OMAP you can do magic things instantly. :D

Ah, yes, good old GLIDE. Damn, Games never ran better these days. I was able to play Unreal 1 on my 266MHz (!!!) Pen II PC without Problems, all I had was a Voodoo2 graphics Card with only 8MB VRAM. Diablo 2 looked best in Glide and of course there was Ultra HLE, which actualy pulled more out of my PC than ever was in. I've never seen a better efficient Per-MHz-Power of Games/Emulators than with Glide. Really well designed API, still big respect to the Devs.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Ocarina of Time runs kinda well when I overclock to 1ghz, still slow and laggy.

I've heard that turning the audio off on mupen will improve the game somewhat, however when I go into the mupen configure and set the audio plugin to "no audio" I cant select the Ok button because it happens to be offscreen and I can move the window up. So, the Ok button is off screen and i cant click it, is there a way to change this, or another way to turn audio off to imporve gameplay?

Why are you lot complaining about zelda 64 it runs fine and good speed,it's 100% playable.

One game i tried most emulator inc. pc project 64 it had problems with text and speed the game is called fighters destiny 1,2 but i was really surprised it ran far better on pandora with text and good speed in both games,i always wanted to play this game on portable system,thanks to the developer and the pandora my dream came true.

You can just start the other menuentry, that comes with it and you have the normal gui.

Hi there,

Is there any hack to save/load state in full screen mode, or to toggle full screen/window? One of my favorite games for this emulator is Star Fox 64. Back in the day... it used to drive me crazy that it doesn't natively save your progress. Now-a-days I was looking forward to playing this again but the "no progress save" makes it even worse given I don't have large contiguous blocks of time to spend gaming. I'm getting bored of the first level! Save/load states work fine on my N900, but have you ever used Mupen on an N900? Even with a GameGripper it's pretty tough to use.

Thanks

:/ i wish you would stop at how its accessing the video for Daedalusx64 and stuff and look at the emulation methods it uses..edit.. ok fine it would drop a few fps going through open gl but it should be a lot faster and the reason sound isnt on as it lags the emu...it wone once its ported to the me portion of the psp.. like we can use the dsp core

:/ i wish you would stop at how its accessing the video for Daedalusx64 and stuff and look at the emulation methods it uses..edit.. ok fine it would drop a few fps going through open gl but it should be a lot faster and the reason sound isnt on as it lags the emu...it wone once its ported to the me portion of the psp.. like we can use the dsp core

Daedalus will never get the ME portion.. Why? ME is so locked down and debugging symbols cannot be ran from it (So its theoretically impossible)

does it not? Im pretty sure the original deadalus used ME for sound? or some other work was offloaded to it.

Daedalus does have access to the ME currently for async audio. Daedalus is also impossible to port because a good portion is written in PSP assembly. There is still potential for mupen, its just that someone needs to get back on that gles2n64 plugin.

Daedalus will never get the ME portion.. Why? ME is so locked down and debugging symbols cannot be ran from it (So its theoretically impossible)

it has full access to the ME and the port over to ME is half done. I was wondering if we could use some of daedalus better hle functions

I guess I didn't say that right, the CPU will not be on the ME ever. There's several developers who have tried but the aforementioned "debugging symbols and the fact that its locked down" puts it out.

The audio is running asynchronously from the ME yes but thats it.

IF anything, Daedalus is written for x86 and Mips processors and probably could work with the ARM end of things if someone worked on the dynamic recompiler for it ^_^

Back