Release Mupen64Plus 2.2

It's possible that you are still getting a corrupted download.. Are you downloading it on your Pandora?, are you using PNDManager, PNDStore or through a Browser?  PNDManager will actually do a check to see if the PND  is complete after download.. PNDStore or a Web Browser May not do a check like it does..

If you are downloading from a PC to the SD card are you ensuring everything is written to the SD card before Ejecting?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's possible that you are still getting a corrupted download.. Are you downloading it on your Pandora?, are you using PNDManager, PNDStore or through a Browser?  PNDManager will actually do a check to see if the PND  is complete after download.. PNDStore or a Web Browser May not do a check like it does..

If you are downloading from a PC to the SD card are you ensuring everything is written to the SD card before Ejecting?
I downloaded via browser,pndstore and pndmanager nothing helps.

When i start mupen a couple of times he direct me to pndrun_mupen64plus2.out file in the tmp directory,When i open this file it says : return code : 6 (error the union file-system is not mounted)

Well I'd do what sebt3 suggests first, but it could be there is a mupen folder left over in the PND mount directory..

If so go to the /mnt/utmp folder and check if there is any mupen directories if there are it will need to be deleted for it to mount the PND properly...

If there is a mupen folder there you may need to use root permissions to clear the directory out.

so try:

Code:
sudo rm -r mupen* 

Well I'd do what sebt3 suggests first, but it could be there is a mupen folder left over in the PND mount directory..

If so go to the /mnt/utmp folder and check if there is any mupen directories if there are it will need to be deleted for it to mount the PND properly...

If there is a mupen folder there you may need to use root permissions to clear the directory out.

so try:

sudo rm -r mupen* 
There are no files on the Pandora from mupen.

I cannot ad the file here...(i'am not allowed to upload it)

I make pictures tomorrow

New build on the repo, with the new GLES2N64 with the framebuffer (and big pixels) back, as well as some fixes in the Core.

For GLES2N64, the per roms "gles2n64rom.conf" is present (from v1.5), so many games will have the right parameters. But if you want to force the FrameBuffer, open the gles2n64.conf, alter the framebuffer size, and add "framebuffer enable=1".

To enable Stretch, in the same file add "video stretch=1"

The Core fixes are related to division and substraction of 64bits integer. Now Doom64 boots and is playable (control are not ideal). DK64 boots also, but it suffer from the infamous "walk through walls" bugs. Maybe the Core fixes fixed other games (and I hope it doesn't break old ones).

Build 08

-----------

• GLES2N64: Framebuffer, Lowres (with "framebuffer enable=1") and stretch (with "video stretch=1") available
  • Core fix for Doom64 and DK64 (DK64 is still not playable, you can still go through walls).

How can I use the half resolution? I don't think I just change the window width size, right?

How can I use the half resolution? I don't think I just change the window width size, right?
As described (too briefly?) in the what's new Open your gles2n64.conf (mousepad or the Config util), and make it look like that:

Code:
#Framebuffer Settings:
framebuffer enable=1
framebuffer bilinear=0
framebuffer width=400
framebuffer height=240

oh ok thank you, I tried it in the per rom setting^^.
np.

Enjoy big faster pixels ;)

By the way, here is a snapshot of Dk64 (using Rice GLES1.1) and Doom64 (using gles2n64).

preview6.png

preview5.png

There are no files on the Pandora from mupen. I cannot ad the file here...(i'am not allowed to upload it)   I make pictures tomorrow

Well I wasn't telling you to add anything.. If there was a mupen related folder in the /mnt/utmp folder I wanted you to delete it. If not then that isn't the issue.

But as you can see there is a new PND.. try that out if it fails you still have an issue. 

yeah i agree that use of it in pnd's isnt ideal, for even myself if I make changes I have to update every pnd. but installing to the nand might not be everyones cup of tea.
Could you not release a "PickleLauncher" PND, then in your scripts to the other PNDs use pnd_run to map (but not default execute) the picklelauncher pnd; you can then launch the picklelauncher with any parameters you wanted?
We could include the main binary in firmware too, if it doesn't take too much space.

In Build 08 you can use the lowres by selecting the GLES2N64 Video plugin.

framebuffer enable=1 is the default in the gles2n64.conf config file. This stretches the N64 native low resolution to 640x480.

video stretch=1 can be added to stretch N64 native low resolution  to 800x480.

The default config files are for the older version and it appears that the individual width and height settings are not needed any more.

Also check the gles2n64rom.conf 'Per ROM' config file as these individual game settings override the gles2n64.conf config file.

Thank you ptitSeb!

I don't know what issue you have with Paper Mario but it plays fine on my Rebirth (again with swapfile). Speedwise - fine, soundwise - a little stuttering. I use Rice Gles 2 and Notaz audio.
Thanks. Turns out that the Retrode isn't detecting Paper Mario's ROM size correctly. After forcing it to 48MB it works (with so far minor artifacts and stuttering). Very happy now :) Don't care much for most games published in this millenium, but Paper Mario is a favorite.

Back