Release Mupen64Plus 2.2

Thanks ptitSeb for keep trying!  Please get some rest and continue tomorrow.  Otherwise if you get fallen sick, you're title of "Most-PND-Man" will be taken by some others :)

Thanks ptitSeb for keep trying!  Please get some rest and continue tomorrow.  Otherwise if you get fallen sick, you're title of "Most-PND-Man" will be taken by some others :)
Yep, I'll do that. Now I've corrected the centring/croping (was easy to found), I can sleep soon ;)

Here is a picture of big pixel (I haven't done a picture with big-fat, but that's possible too with the right parameters in the config file).

banjokazooie.png

Last edited by a moderator:
^Actually Mcobit been the "Most-PND-Man"  for just about ever.

Sleep is good though..

Yep, I'll do that. Now I've corrected the centring/croping (was easy to found), I can sleep soon ;)

Here is a picture of big pixel (I haven't done big-fat, but that's possible too).
It looks nice like that and if the speed is improved I don't give a squat about hi res :)

^Actually Mcobit been the "Most-PND-Man"  for just about ever.

Sleep is good though..
Well he's (ptitSeb) mcobit of France now :)

I would be very curious about the speed changes :) .
Well, no idea, because I'm compiling long software while working on GLES2N64, so the speed is not that good. It seems to improve, but I'm not sure. You'll see tomorrow when I'll release the next build.

I'd even go so far as to implementing a decent GUI instead of that awful launcher it uses now.
 Ouch! Should i even ask what you would change/improve ;-)
Sorry Pickle, that came out worse than I intended.

It's not bad in itself, but it has bugs that haven't been addressed (the most irritating is the scrolling long filenames that continues scrolling all items while the list is scrolling), and is lacking in functionality such as even a simple first-letter search (which would massively reduce the amount of time spent wandering through the list when you have a large amount of ROMs - the current search looks for any occurance of characters in a filename and filters, which would be better as an advanced search with basic search navigating the list).

But the most important is that it's packaged in each PND so even if updates are issued none of the mostly no-longer-supported PNDs won't take advantage of them. Would be better as the standard launcher installed onto NAND so that any PND that uses it automatically gets bugfixes and updates...

Should you ever decide to go back to it, that is.

D.

^You know you can search right?  Just start typing and the list will automatically filtered for you.  You can see what you type in the upper right hand corner.

I think he knows.

functionality such as even a simple first-letter search (which would massively reduce the amount of time spent wandering through the list when you have a large amount of ROMs - the current search looks for any occurance of characters in a filename and filters, which would be better as an advanced search with basic search navigating the list)

I think he knows.

functionality such as even a simple first-letter search (which would massively reduce the amount of time spent wandering through the list when you have a large amount of ROMs - the current search looks for any occurance of characters in a filename and filters, which would be better as an advanced search with basic search navigating the list)
Ah!  Read too quick :)

You can search oO? Yeah!

The real problem here of course is that even if Pickle fixes these bugs, they won't be of any benefit to anyone unless the maintainer of the PND that uses it updates the PND. This is why the launcher (or one like it) should really be part of the default NAND install.

D.

yeah i agree that use of it in pnd's isnt ideal, for even myself if I make changes I have to update every pnd. but installing to the nand might not be everyones cup of tea.

A user could just put an updated version of picklelauncher into his appdata and voila, he has an updated version. But that is not too userfriendly either.

Here is a picture of big pixel (I haven't done big-fat, but that's possible too).
great that you got it working! looking forward to the update :)

About stretching ... On a friends TV (I'm still on CRT ;-)) it has some strange stretching - the center is normal and it starts stretching to the edges. This could be easily done by changing the framebuffer render geometry and UVs.

I've also spotted some shader code that could possibly improved. Now as I have a desk again, i could try and change that:

Code:
"if (uRenderState == 1.0)                                   \n"\
"if (uEnableFog)                                            \n"\
these could be changed to #ifdef's and a newly compiled shader ...

yeah i agree that use of it in pnd's isnt ideal, for even myself if I make changes I have to update every pnd. but installing to the nand might not be everyones cup of tea.
Could you not release a "PickleLauncher" PND, then in your scripts to the other PNDs use pnd_run to map (but not default execute) the picklelauncher pnd; you can then launch the picklelauncher with any parameters you wanted?

great that you got it working! looking forward to the update :)

About stretching ... On a friends TV (I'm still on CRT ;-)) it has some strange stretching - the center is normal and it starts stretching to the edges. This could be easily done by changing the framebuffer render geometry and UVs.

I've also spotted some shader code that could possibly improved. Now as I have a desk again, i could try and change that:

"if (uRenderState == 1.0) \n"\
"if (uEnableFog) \n"\

Thanks for the tip. I will try, but that's some more work here, and not sure on how to do that (vertex shader is quite static, compared to fragment shader).

"if (uRenderState == 1.0) \n"\
"if (uEnableFog) \n"\
Thanks for the tip. I will try, but that's some more work here, and not sure on how to do that (vertex shader is quite static, compared to fragment shader).
Yes some more work is required here, because the uniform - which can be changed dynamically - needs to be changed to a static define and then the shader needs to be recompiled.

So it does not work with the current way of shader handling.

Back