Release Mupen64Plus 2.2

OK...so do I just use the zip files...or do I unzip them...some are .z64 others are .v64, some are .rom...

And what's this??

and necessary plugins for audio, graphical rendering (RDP), signal co-processor (RSP), and input. There is 1 included OpenGL video plugin, called RiceVideo. There are 3 other excellent video plugins being maintained by wahrhaft, called Arachnoid, Glide64, and Z64.

Do I need those plugins and where do they go?

Sorry, but this is a bit advanced, I'd like to install everything correctly.
The PND is self contained, no Plugin to add, they are already added (I tend to use main headline from official site from the softawre I ported for the text in the PXML).

The roms are better unzipped and all common N64 rom format are supported.

No idea where to write down the best plugin settings so here are my, with 950 mhz cpu / 370 mhz gpu rebirth pandora:

md5sum gamename gpu_plugin

f7c52568a31aadf26e14dc2b6416b2ed  Super Smash Bros..z64 gles2n64
d33e4254336383a17ff4728360562ada  Kirby 64 - The Crystal Shards.z64 glide

Last edited by a moderator:
No idea where to write down the best plugin settings so here are my, with 950 mhz cpu / 370 mhz gpu rebirth pandora:

md5sum gamename gpu_plugin

f7c52568a31aadf26e14dc2b6416b2ed  Super Smash Bros..z64 gles2n64

d33e4254336383a17ff4728360562ada  Kirby 64 - The Crystal Shards.z64 glide
Once you have setup some "per rom" config, you will have some indivial files (with the crc as name)  stored in "appdata/mupen64plus2/pandora". Thoses are the files that can be distributed to other to share "per roms" plugins.

A wiki with compatibility can be good also, but not sure on how to sort so many variable (Rom / Plugins / Parametrer per rom & plugins / Overall rating per rom & plugins / build of mupen used / model of pandora & video driver maybe used) with just a grid....

I would love to have this files included in the mupen pnd. It would be great to run games out of the box.

Concerning retrode support: has somebody managed to use the retrode without a self powered hub? Would an Y cable allow to attach it to the OTG port while drawing power from the full sized port?

The retrode firmware should only ask for 100mA, so in theory it could work, but my retrode2 doesn't even try to boot when attached directly (via adapter) to the OTG port of my GHz (unlike several USB sticks I tested, even though most of them ask for 200mA and are therefore rejected).

its probably usb 1.0. The pandora doesnt have the hardware to support 1.0 directly on the port (usb hub do) 

You most likely dont need the powered part of the hub, a passive hub would work just as well (except draining the pandora battery).

Or use a USB to mini usb connector to put it in the usb to go port.

So i made a Video with some Games for testing.

All are made on 1.2GHZ with Standard Driver and Standard Settings.

Still some Sound Errors but work fine for me.

Enjoy the Video:Choosing 480p is better ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4MqMm1lb58
Some Games have little Gafical Bugs but i think its the SGX on 1GHZ Standart Driver fault ;)
How the heck does this Video contain EMI-Music? (Its not available in germany, thanks to the gema)

OK, some minor success.

It seems to run z64 v64 and rom files.

Dr. Mario had graphic problems, Donkey Kong just plain crashed, Cruis'n USA would not continue without a save file...

MarioKart worked fine, but have to use nub instead of D-pad...

MicroMachines worked good

Ms PacMan Maze Madness was slow, New Tetris, slow but works, Off-Road Challenge slow but working

Penny Racers worked.

Any ideas what I could do to improve performance?

I am running 1.54 Super Zaxxon on a Rebirth clocked to 800.

For most Nintendo games at least you'll have to use the left nub rather than the d-pad (in the default configuration at least) since while the N64 did have a d-pad, few games allowed full control using it.

I generally find that I can use the gles plugin for best speed, but often errant textures, and the glide plugin for better accuracy but worse performance. I've not had a great deal of success with the other plugins.

It may be worth noting that with MarioKart and the GLES plugin, I get the halting problem bad and it's pretty much unplayable at time. Glide is a lot slower, but at least it's dependable.

Actually, on MK64 I've had the best success with the Rice plugin (not RiceES1). Nice and speedy and only very minor texture misalignment issues (on a quick test of Luigi Raceway at least).

OK, some minor success.

It seems to run z64 v64 and rom files.

Dr. Mario had graphic problems, Donkey Kong just plain crashed, Cruis'n USA would not continue without a save file...

MarioKart worked fine, but have to use nub instead of D-pad...

MicroMachines worked good

Ms PacMan Maze Madness was slow, New Tetris, slow but works, Off-Road Challenge slow but working

Penny Racers worked.

I am running 1.54 Super Zaxxon on a Rebirth clocked to 800.
@Kumaki, you have to experiment change plugins for game. For that, press {Y} when on a game to change it's plugin assigment.

For the slow ones, try GLES2N64 first, and than the Rice (GLES2 and then GLES1.1) plugin.

Try different plugins, you may get different results.  Or get a 1ghz unit :)
Yes, I also think a GHZ Pandora would be good for mupen. I have a CC overclocked to 800, freezes when going to 900, and it feels there's just a bit of power missing to get games fluent.

Before you keep testing plugins I'll post my latest test report here.

It contains 4 plugins tested with all the games I own.

I started every Rom 4 times ones each with Glide, Rice, Ricees1 and Gles2n64.

It was Pandora typing in train, so there might be lots of typos in the text.

Banjo Kazooie:
Glide: Perfect. No sound shuttering, no graphic bugs, no slowdown.
Rice: Sems perfect
Ricees1: Seems perfect
Gles2n64: Seems perfect
-> Doesn't relly matter

Banjo Tooie:
Glide: Crash
Rice: Crash
Ricees1: Starts bt crashes after selecting saved game.
Gles2n64: Crahs
-> Ricees1

Bomberman:
Glide: Stays black
Rice: Stays Black
Ricees1: Stays Black
Gles2n64: Stays Black
-> Doesn't matter

Castlevania:
Glide: Fast, sound shutters a little.
Rice: Not as good as Rice, Sound shutters more, Textures is worse, more gliches, like porple square around a flame.
Ricees1: Menu not displayd correctly (missing letters in saved game). No squares around fire, once the stage textures became all grey for some seconds. Doesn't display far away graphics.
Gles2n64: Menu better than Ricees1. Far away graphice not dislayd. Fire is good.
-> Glide or maybe Gles

Concer's bad fur Day:
Glide: Intro is pretty slow
Rice: Intro plays pretty slow
Ricees1: Slower than Rice
Gles2n64: Some movement noticeable but mainly black
-> Glide or Rice

Dark Rift:
Glide: Menu is OK, loads pretty long. Couldn't start battle as it's so slow and hangs
Rice: Hangs at first logo
Ricees1: Hangs at first logo
Gles2n64: Stays black
-> Glide

Donkey Kong:
Glide: Stays black, says "OK" and crashes then
Rice: Stays black, says "OK" and crashes then
Ricees1: Shows Nntendo logo, says "OK", then crahses
Gles2n64: Says "OK" but no Logo, then crahes
-> Ricees1

F-Zero:
Glide: Menu sometimes has sound problems but works fluid. Gameplay is fluid, sound shutters a bit.
Rice: Much better than Glide. Fluid gameplay, only minor shuttering in car selectin screen.
Ricees1: Car texture is not shown correctly, sometimes brown (sems like it's under the polygon)
Gles2n64: Menu good. Car selection screen slower music. Music shuttering at beginning of race when all cares are near each other.
-> Rice

Glover:
Glide: Shows Nintendo and Glover logo, then crashes
Rice: Shows Nintendo and GLover logo, then crashes
Ricees1: Shows Nintendo and Glover logo, then crashes.
-> Glide I'd say

Holy Magig Century:
Glide: Seems Perfect
Rice: Tends to makes you look through walls if you walk around a corner. Textures/Polygons far away are not displayed correctly in overworld. Menu is good as well.
Ricees1: Menu flickers sometimes, is too dark. Tends to make you look through walls if you walk around a corner. Trees and far ary sky in overworld tend to disappear rather often. No red cape of character on field.
Gles2n64: Menu good. Tends to make you look through walls if you walk around a corner. All trees and sky are there. I think faar away fog is missing (minor issue).
-> Glide

Hot Wheels Turbo Racing:
Glide: Every time the game loads it has heavy lag. Better after a few seconds. Racing is fluid but not full speed I think. Sound is horrible in Menu and Racing.
Rice: Much better than Glide. No problem in Menu. Fluid gameplay. Sound is good, music is not loud enough    an too slow.
Ricees1: Menu is little slower than in Rice but it's not really noticeable. Gameplay is fast, sound is good, no music.
Gles2n64: Delay when loading like Glide but not that much. Racing is slower than with other plugins, music hrrible, no sund effects.
-> Rice or Ricees1

Iggy's Reggin Balls:
Glide: Intro works fluid, then crashes. Iggy has messed up textures.
Rice:  Intro works fluid, then crashes. Iggy has messed up textures.
Ricees1: Intro works fluid, then crashes. Iggy hs messed up textures.
Gles2n64: Intro works fluid, then crashes. Iggy hs messed up textures.
-> Doesn't matter

Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine:
Rice: Stays black
-> Doesn't matter

Kirby:
Glide: Seems perfect
Rice: Graphice are also good. Minor hang every few seconds.
Ricees1: Background is sometimes darker. Enemys are randomly invisible.
Gles2n64: Missing graphics in menu. Missing life bar. Kirby has no face. Slowest.
-> Glide

Lylat Wars:
Glide: Intro with ling text has shuttering sound, Planet selection screen is laggy. Gameplay seems perfect, Intro and talking of characters of the first planet as well.
Rice: Much better than Glide. No shuttering while speaking. Menu is not displayd correctly; it's too dark.
Ricees1: Better than Rice. Speaking is really fluid and fast now. Planet screen has little more lag. Menu is too dark as well. Overall beter than Rice.
Gles2n64: Good menu, pretty lagging planet overview. Gameplay fluid.
-> Ricees1

Mario Kart 64:
Glide: Gameplay is fluid, Sound has some lag while racing. Menu is pretty hard to navigate. Whenever you select something then it lags pretty heavy sometimes. Once I couldn't even end the emulator with "ESC" and had to wait until the lag was over. Next time I could pass without major lag. Seems the same problem that's also in Hot Wheels.
Rice: Much better than Glide, no problems in menu. Good gameplay.
Ricees1: Not as good as Rice. Menu is good, Textures are shuttering or missing while racing.
Gles2n64: Needs warmup like F-Zero when lots of cares are near each other at the beginning of a race. Menu good. Race is OK.
-> Rice

Mario Party:
Glide: Pretty good. Some minor sound lag sometimes. During Start of a mini game there's some more lag (when Toad explains the rules). Also there's no Warp tube when you first enter the level, Characters come out of the ground.
Rice: Worse than Glide. Flickering in intro. No houses displayed in main Menu.
Ricees1: Shuttering problem. Big texture not displayed/shuttering problem. Houses are now there.
Gles2n64: A lot flickering, most of all plugins. Toad has no text, that's realy bad. Houses are there.
-> Glide

Mario Tennis:
Glide: Menu is good intro has shuttering sound after soe seconds. Match has heavy lag, I think it's a loading issue.
Rice: Much better than Glide. No slowdown or hangs. A lot frameskip is used in Match (not that nice playable but much better than Glide)
Ricees1: Not as good as Rice. Some more lag in menu. Crashes after some seconds of match.
Gles2n64: Menu shows squares around the textures. Rest is also heavily broken. Worst plugin.
-> Rice

Mega Man:
Glide: Intro sound is heavy shuttering (like it was with PPSSPP). Then it seems OK
Rice: Textures in intro are bad. Squareswhere it should be transparent. Gameplay alo fluid.
Ricees1: Textures are correct, Intro text is well spoken. Gameplay is OK.
Gles2n64: Bad intro speach, slowest gameplay.
-> Ricees1

Paper Mario:
Glide: Good shadow. First time I see the "Mario" letters on Mario's house. One big lag in the Game selection screen, seems to be that loading bug again. Then good speed in Game.
Rice: Menu has graphic bugs but no lag. No "Mario" Letters on Mario House. No Shadows.
Ricees1: Menu has graphic bugs, ltle lag. "Mario" Letters on Mario House are there. Text boxes are bad\invisible, ground texture is sometimes white.
Gles2n64: "Mario" Letters are there. Shadow is good. Speed good but heavy flickering.
-> Glide

Pokemon Stadium:
Glide: Good speed but sound shutters in Battle. Only 3 Pokemon are shown of each trainer, or in othe ways not correct)
Rice: Menu completely messed up, No Pokemon shown stays black after selectin "Quick battle"
Ricees1: Menu completely messed up, No Pokemon shown in Triner overview. Stays black at Pokemon selection (in quick battle)
Gles2n64: Menu messed up. Pokemon selection screen better than in Rice, partially visible. Battle fluid.
-> Glide or Gles2n64 (menu vs. speed)

Pokemon Stadium 2:
Glide: Slower than Pokemon Stadium. More lag before battle, sound shutters more.
Rice: Menu is sometimes messed up, sometimes shows what should be transpirant. Stays white after selecting "Quick battle"
Ricees1: Menu better but also shows Squares around textures. Crashes after trainer overview.
Gles2n64: Menu better than Rice. Pokemon selection screen better than Rice. Battle is surprisingly fluid, only minor sound shuttering.
-> Glide or Gles2n64 (menu vs. speed) I'd prefer Gles2n64 here

Rayman 2:
Glide: First nothing, after some waiting music starts playing but button mashing doesn't show any reaction. Screen's always black.
Rce: First nothing, after some waiting music starts playing but button mashing doesn't show any reaction. Screen's always black.
Ricees1: Shows "Rayman 2" logo, then black with Music playing.
Gles2n64: First nothing, then black with music.
-> Ricees1

Super Mario 64:
Glide:Seems perfect. Had a random crash when entering Castle door and pressing C<, tried again and could pass without a problem.
Rice: No Shadow, else good.
Ricees1: Shadow. Invisivle mario has no legs
Gles2n64: Seems good. Shadow and fluid and legs. Rom hacks have only black level texture.
-> Glide, if you don't care about hacks, then Gles2n64 seems also OK.

Super Smash Bros.:
Glide: Little slow. Music seems to have some problems in start up screen and Menu. Sound shutters in battle, battle iis little slow but fluid.
Rice: Faster and sound beter but heavy textur flickering
Ricees1: Same speed and shuttering as Rice.
Gles2n64: Menu nearly nothing visible. Best fighting, fast and no flickering.

Wetrix:
Glide: Menu is good. Sound shutters in game but gameplay seems ok.
Rice: Doesn't delete sprites that once showed up. Doesn't display Field (unplayable). Menu is fast.
Ricees1: Doesn't delete Sprites, Stage is not shown.
Gles2n64: Menu needs little to load, then gameplay is fast and sound good, only little shuttering.
-> Gles2n64

Yoshi's Story:
Glide: Perfect in menu until Yoshi selection (only one really unnoticable lag). Slow in gameplay.
Rice: Much faster than Glide. Background is not displayd corectly (very annoying). Menu perfect until Yoshi selection screen.
Ricees1: Nintendo Logo is a white square, Yoshis in selection screen are white squares. Doesn't delete textures in game.
Gles2n64: Menu pretty bad, mostly black. In game only Yoshi is vsible. Pretty slow.
-> Glide or Rice (speed vs. background) It's much better playable with Rice.Banjo Kazooie:
Glide: Perfect. No sound shuttering, no graphic bugs, no slowdown.
Rice: Sems perfect
Ricees1: Seems perfect
Gles2n64: Seems perfect
-> Doesn't relly matter

Banjo Tooie:
Glide: Crash
Rice: Crash
Ricees1: Starts bt crashes after selecting saved game.
Gles2n64: Crahs
-> Ricees1

Bomberman:
Rice: Stays Black
Gles2n64: Stays Black
-> Doesn't matter

Castlevania:
Glide: Fast, sound shutters a little.
Rice: Not as good as Rice, Sound shutters more, Textures is worse, more gliches, like porple square around a flame.
Ricees1: Menu not displayd correctly (missing letters in saved game). No squares around fire, once the stage textures became all grey for some seconds. Doesn't display far away graphics.
Gles2n64: Menu better than Ricees1. Far away graphice not dislayd. Fire is good.
-> Glide or maybe Gles

Concer's bad fur Day:
Glide: Intro is pretty slow
Rice: Intro plays pretty slow
Ricees1: Slower than Rice
Gles2n64: Some movement noticeable but mainly black
-> Glide or Rice

Dark Rift:
Glide: Menu is OK, loads pretty long. Couldn't start battle as it's so slow and hangs
Rice: Hangs at first logo
Ricees1: Hangs at first logo
-> Glide

Donkey Kong:
Glide: Stays black, says "OK" and crashes then
Rice: Stays black, says "OK" and crashes then
Ricees1: Shows Nntendo logo, says "OK", then crahses
Gles2n64: Says "OK" but no Logo, then crahes
-> Ricees1

F-Zero:
Glide: Menu sometimes has sound problems but works fluid. Gameplay is fluid, sound shutters a bit.
Rice: Much better than Glide. Fluid gameplay, only minor shuttering in car selectin screen.
Ricees1: Car texture is not shown correctly, sometimes brown (sems like it's under the polygon)
Gles2n64: Menu good. Car selection screen slower music. Music shuttering at beginning of race when all cares are near each other.
-> Rice

Glover:
Glide: Shows Nintendo and Glover logo, then crashes
Rice: Shows Nintendo and GLover logo, then crashes
Ricees1: Shows Nintendo and Glover logo, then crashes.
-> Glide I'd say

Holy Magig Century:
Glide: Seems Perfect
Rice: Tends to makes you look through walls if you walk around a corner. Textures/Polygons far away are not displayed correctly in overworld. Menu is good as well.
Ricees1: Menu flickers sometimes, is too dark. Tends to make you look through walls if you walk around a corner. Trees and far ary sky in overworld tend to disappear rather often. No red cape of character on field.
Gles2n64: Menu good. Tends to make you look through walls if you walk around a corner. All trees and sky are there. I think faar away fog is missing (minor issue).
-> Glide

Hot Wheels Turbo Racing:
Glide: Every time the game loads it has heavy lag. Better after a few seconds. Racing is fluid but not full speed I think. Sound is horrible in Menu and Racing.
Rice: Much better than Glide. No problem in Menu. Fluid gameplay. Sound is good, music is not loud enough    an too slow.
Ricees1: Menu is little slower than in Rice but it's not really noticeable. Gameplay is fast, sound is good, no music.
Gles2n64: Delay when loading like Glide but not that much. Racing is slower than with other plugins, music hrrible, no sund effects.
-> Rice or Ricees1

Iggy's Reggin Balls:
Glide: Intro works fluid, then crashes. Iggy has messed up textures.
Rice:  Intro works fluid, then crashes. Iggy has messed up textures.
Ricees1: Intro works fluid, then crashes. Iggy hs messed up textures.
Gles2n64: Intro works fluid, then crashes. Iggy hs messed up textures.
-> Doesn't matter

Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine:
Rice: Stays black
-> Doesn't matter

Kirby:
Glide: Seems perfect
Rice: Graphice are also good. Minor hang every few seconds.
Ricees1: Background is sometimes darker. Enemys are randomly invisible.
Gles2n64: Missing graphics in menu. Missing life bar. Kirby has no face. Slowest.
-> Glide

Lylat Wars:
Glide: Intro with ling text has shuttering sound, Planet selection screen is laggy. Gameplay seems perfect, Intro and talking of characters of the first planet as well.
Rice: Much better than Glide. No shuttering while speaking. Menu is not displayd correctly; it's too dark.
Ricees1: Better than Rice. Speaking is really fluid and fast now. Planet screen has little more lag. Menu is too dark as well. Overall beter than Rice.
Gles2n64: Good menu, pretty lagging planet overview. Gameplay fluid.
-> Ricees1

Mario Kart 64:
Glide: Gameplay is fluid, Sound has some lag while racing. Menu is pretty hard to navigate. Whenever you select something then it lags pretty heavy sometimes. Once I couldn't even end the emulator with "ESC" and had to wait until the lag was over. Next time I could pass without major lag. Seems the same problem that's also in Hot Wheels.
Rice: Much better than Glide, no problems in menu. Good gameplay.
Ricees1: Not as good as Rice. Menu is good, Textures are shuttering or missing while racing.
Gles2n64: Needs warmup like F-Zero when lots of cares are near each other at the beginning of a race. Menu good. Race is OK.
-> Rice

Mario Party:
Glide: Pretty good. Some minor sound lag sometimes. During Start of a mini game there's some more lag (when Toad explains the rules). Also there's no Warp tube when you first enter the level, Characters come out of the ground.
Rice: Worse than Glide. Flickering in intro. No houses displayed in main Menu.
Ricees1: Shuttering problem. Big texture not displayed/shuttering problem. Houses are now there.
Gles2n64: A lot flickering, most of all plugins. Toad has no text, that's realy bad. Houses are there.
-> Glide

Mario Tennis:
Glide: Menu is good intro has shuttering sound after soe seconds. Match has heavy lag, I think it's a loading issue.
Rice: Much better than Glide. No slowdown or hangs. A lot frameskip is used in Match (not that nice playable but much better than Glide)
Ricees1: Not as good as Rice. Some more lag in menu. Crashes after some seconds of match.
Gles2n64: Menu shows squares around the textures. Rest is also heavily broken. Worst plugin.
-> Rice

Mega Man:
Glide: Intro sound is heavy shuttering (like it was with PPSSPP). Then it seems OK
Rice: Textures in intro are bad. Squareswhere it should be transparent. Gameplay alo fluid.
Ricees1: Textures are correct, Intro text is well spoken. Gameplay is OK.
Gles2n64: Bad intro speach, slowest gameplay.
-> Ricees1

Paper Mario:
Glide: Good shadow. First time I see the "Mario" letters on Mario's house. One big lag in the Game selection screen, seems to be that loading bug again. Then good speed in Game.
Rice: Menu has graphic bugs but no lag. No "Mario" Letters on Mario House. No Shadows.
Ricees1: Menu has graphic bugs, ltle lag. "Mario" Letters on Mario House are there. Text boxes are bad\invisible, ground texture is sometimes white.
Gles2n64: "Mario" Letters are there. Shadow is good. Speed good but heavy flickering.
-> Glide

Pokemon Stadium:
Glide: Good speed but sound shutters in Battle. Only 3 Pokemon are shown of each trainer, or in othe ways not correct)
Rice: Menu completely messed up, No Pokemon shown stays black after selectin "Quick battle"
Ricees1: Menu completely messed up, No Pokemon shown in Triner overview. Stays black at Pokemon selection (in quick battle)
Gles2n64: Menu messed up. Pokemon selection screen better than in Rice, partially visible. Battle fluid.

Pokemon Stadium 2:
Glide: Slower than Pokemon Stadium. More lag before battle, sound shutters more.
Rice: Menu is sometimes messed up, sometimes shows what should be transpirant. Stays white after selecting "Quick battle"
Ricees1: Menu better but also shows Squares around textures. Crashes after trainer overview.
Gles2n64: Menu better than Rice. Pokemon selection screen better than Rice. Battle is surprisingly fluid, only minor sound shuttering.
-> Glide or Gles2n64 (menu vs. speed) I'd prefer Gles2n64 here

Rayman 2:
Glide: First nothing, after some waiting music starts playing but button mashing doesn't show any reaction. Screen's always black.
Rce: First nothing, after some waiting music starts playing but button mashing doesn't show any reaction. Screen's always black.
Ricees1: Shows "Rayman 2" logo, then black with Music playing.
Gles2n64: First nothing, then black with music.
-> Ricees1

Super Mario 64:
Glide:Seems perfect. Had a random crash when entering Castle door and pressing C<, tried again and could pass without a problem.
Rice: No Shadow, else good.
Ricees1: Shadow. Invisivle mario has no legs
Gles2n64: Seems good. Shadow and fluid and legs. Rom hacks have only black level texture.
-> Glide, if you don't care about hacks, then Gles2n64 seems also OK.

Super Smash Bros.:
Glide: Little slow. Music seems to have some problems in start up screen and Menu. Sound shutters in battle, battle iis little slow but fluid.
Rice: Faster and sound beter but heavy textur flickering
Ricees1: Same speed and shuttering as Rice.
Gles2n64: Menu nearly nothing visible. Best fighting, fast and no flickering.

Wetrix:
Glide: Menu is good. Sound shutters in game but gameplay seems ok.
Rice: Doesn't delete sprites that once showed up. Doesn't display Field (unplayable). Menu is fast.
Ricees1: Doesn't delete Sprites, Stage is not shown.
Gles2n64: Menu needs little to load, then gameplay is fast and sound good, only little shuttering.
-> Gles2n64

Yoshi's Story:
Glide: Perfect in menu until Yoshi selection (only one really unnoticable lag). Slow in gameplay.
Rice: Much faster than Glide. Background is not displayd corectly (very annoying). Menu perfect until Yoshi selection screen.
Ricees1: Nintendo Logo is a white square, Yoshis in selection screen are white squares. Doesn't delete textures in game.
Gles2n64: Menu pretty bad, mostly black. In game only Yoshi is vsible. Pretty slow.
-> Glide or Rice (speed vs. background) It's much better playable with Rice.

It would be good to make a wiki page for the Mupen 2.0 compatibility with a four column tables indicating the results with each plugin. This way people will know where to find the info instead of going through this thread.

Back