Release Mupen64Plus 2.2

Nice work ptitSeb I am testing it out now.

How do I set the Pandora's Right Nub as the N64 Analog? 

The updated GLES plugin works a lot better for me than that one in the first build from the other day. I did get one video stall where the game was clearly still running and audio being created but the video had frozen during a run to the first star in Super Mario 64, but in the r1 version I got stalls multiple times, so that's a great improvement - and when it's not stalling it looks and runs much better than in the previous r1 mupen.

Oddly it seems a bit more playable at 750Mhz than 1050Mhz. It's still stalling, probably more often, but the smalls were shorter in a test I just ran. Needs more testing though, clearly.

The rice plugin works a bit more reliably, though it's clearly a little less accurate. Alpha/transparency is a bit off as evidenced by the sprite border around the 'course' circle in the white level start screen, and geometry's a bit more flakey with a visible join in his nose in the attract screen.

I'd start a wiki page documenting this, but I can't decide how to document the different configuration options for each game. I'm thinking that once things settle down a bit more we could perhaps have 'recommended configuration' for 600Mhz and 1Ghz units but full test results on the talk page, or something like that.

One quick bug report though, and it's grammar pedantry. In the new dialogue box asking whether to leave the config or update it and lose any changes you've made, you've spelled it 'loose' ;)

Edit: Clarified English.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for these updates!

Microbuglet: when setting audio plugin to notaz using pickle launcher mupen desn't start any more, because audiodriver.txt is set to 'notaz-audio' instead of 'notaz_audio'.

Thanks for these updates!

Microbuglet: when setting audio plugin to notaz using pickle launcher mupen desn't start any more, because audiodriver.txt is set to 'notaz-audio' instead of 'notaz_audio'.
Oh no :( What a stupid typo. I'll fix that.

New build. I corrected the Launcher (recompilation needed, that's what happens when you hardcode everything).

Added a config to use right nub instead of left. To use that, invert the content of the left_nub and right_nub file inside appdata/mupen64plus2 (so left_nub is "mouse" and right_nub is "absolute").

Build 04

-----------

• Corrected Launcher, selecting Notaz Audio Plugin works now.
  • Added right nub config. Invert content of left_nub and right_nub file of appdata/mupen64plus2

Can anyone tell me the best configuration and plug ins for zelda oot? Please :) also what are the c buttons mapped to?

C buttons are Y;9;0;Backapace.

It's much better than right nub, as they are buttons like on the original controller.

I  think it's a good position.

Oh no :( What a stupid typo. I'll fix that.
Sorry, didn't want to put additional stress on you. I really did enjoy that version already.

But thanks for the quick fix!

So i made a Video with some Games for testing.

All are made on 1.2GHZ with Standard Driver and Standard Settings.

Still some Sound Errors but work fine for me.

Enjoy the Video:Choosing 480p is better ;)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/A4MqMm1lb58?feature=oembed
Some Games have little Gafical Bugs but i think its the SGX on 1GHZ Standart Driver fault ;)

so i finally got some time trying this with wave race. not bad i must say, but i still need to find some config to make it really playable on my CC. tried all different renderer plugins and the gles2n64 is working & looking best, but i get stalls every x-th frame for about a second, which in the end makes it not fun to play. tried overclocking to 900 but then my pandora freezes, 800 looks stable on my machine.

thanks for working on this!

noob question: whats the rdp plugins for and the different versions?

so i finally got some time trying this with wave race. not bad i must say, but i still need to find some config to make it really playable on my CC. tried all different renderer plugins and the gles2n64 is working & looking best, but i get stalls every x-th frame for about a second, which in the end makes it not fun to play. tried overclocking to 900 but then my pandora freezes, 800 looks stable on my machine.

thanks for working on this!

noob question: whats the rdp plugins for and the different versions?
I have noticed the frequent stall with gles2n64. Strange. It's not a mater of overclocking, I have them on a Gigahertz too. I think it's most a missing interrupt or something. I'll take a quick look at it, just in case there is an easy fix...

I have put 3 RSP  plugins, but only the default one is useable. The 2 other one (z64) are not HLE (High Level Emulation) but LLE (Low Level Emulation) and slow down the emulation too much. The Z64 plugin should be the only one that can make Rogue Squadron (for example) to run with sound (but too slow to be playable probably).

*EDIT* For WaveRace, I found Rice GLES2 to be the better plugin. It's fast and without the stall. Rice GLES1.1 is working well too, but the graphics are less exact, the water is too transparent. Glide as the same stall as gles2n64.

I took a look at frameskipping code, and tried some alternatives, but no easy fix I'm afraid, for gles2n64.

Two of them should be mapped to Return (or KP-Enter) and Escape to help navigate most standard GUI menus with the gaming controls :)

OK...so do I just use the zip files...or do I unzip them...some are .z64 others are .v64, some are .rom...

And what's this??

and necessary plugins for audio, graphical rendering (RDP), signal co-processor (RSP), and input. There is 1 included OpenGL video plugin, called RiceVideo. There are 3 other excellent video plugins being maintained by wahrhaft, called Arachnoid, Glide64, and Z64.

Do I need those plugins and where do they go?

Sorry, but this is a bit advanced, I'd like to install everything correctly.

The plugins should all be included in the PND and working - that's my experience at least.  There is only one Input plugin, and apparently only the default RSP plugin is worth using at this time.  I've also not tried messing with the Sound plugin.

All my games are in z64 format.  I don't know if other formats or zip files work, I'm afraid.  Try them and see!

Back