[Multichoice poll] What colour should the Pyra's case be?

Which hues whould you be happy with?

• No hue (black/grey/white)

Votes: 180 78.3%
  • Red

Votes: 76 33.0%
  • Orange

Votes: 26 11.3%
  • Yellow

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Spring green

Votes: 24 10.4%
  • Green

Votes: 25 10.9%
  • Sea green

Votes: 28 12.2%
  • Cyan (sky blue)

Votes: 17 7.4%
  • Pandora blue

Votes: 37 16.1%
  • Blue (Deep blue)

Votes: 77 33.5%
  • Purple

Votes: 43 18.7%
  • Magenta

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • Pinkish red

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • Octarine

Votes: 29 12.6%

• Total voters

Maybe some material that is black in normal conditions, but has bright red fluorescent stripes when put under a black light? If that is even possible at all.

It would be fun at parties, and a good test to see whether your Pyra is genuine or counterfeit :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think you can get an 'invisible red' pigment, but I know for a fact you can get 'invisible blue' pigment. I have a kg of it myself. Infusing the plastic with it, I.e. black, it would be undetectable... until under a uv light where it would light up like a middle earth elvish sword in the presence of orcs.

Edit: super expensive though.

=~. O =

@FaeMinx:

The second thing I described (no: tried to describe with a lot of not too meaningful words) sounds like your cupboard experience. Can happen when bright or dark. The shapes can start off of something real (floaters in your eye or {farther away} external stuff) or just come into existence from nothing (probably just /seemingly/ nothing), but lose a lot of detail compared to the original (if any), aren't 3d, are transparent to varying degrees, change color and start to lose and change their outline with time. When you concentrate on them you can play with them, I remember doing that as a kid. I should try that again. Sometimes I was also scared by them, but I think that was when I was even younger and hadn't noticed yet that they are harmless oddities.

Never though I wondered how they came into existence. No I do. I should really do some research on human vision and stuff, see what medicine and biology has to say about stuff like this.

I would like a rainbow option, but the unicorn stickers should be provided by the user.

How about yellowed plastic for that real retro feel. :)
Ewwwww..

mac_plastic_3_small.jpg

How about yellowed plastic for that real retro feel. :)
We can ask for beige or light grey and have the case maker make sure to use the same type of plastic and flame retardant chemical, then they or we can put them under a high intensity UV lamp until we get the correct shade.

Transparent! :D

Lol I wouldn't mind DMG gameboy colours either... then again I'm insane

Make it the original grey, with purplish-red or whatever you want to call it for the buttons, and darker grey for the keys and around the screen.

Or, transparent and stuff.  We can get the new colors 6 years after the original release in grey, to be followed the next year by a smaller version with a 1080p screen, and I can get that one in a transparent or translucent "Extreme Green".

Make it the original grey, with purplish-red or whatever you want to call it for the buttons, and darker grey for the keys and around the screen.

Or, transparent and stuff. We can get the new colors 6 years after the original release in grey, to be followed the next year by a smaller version with a 1080p screen, and I can get that one in a transparent or translucent "Extreme Green".
if that's the case then I want the starting logo to be in that green colour with it saying pyra instead of Nintendo :D

Sent from my Z665C using Tapatalk

With that sound too, right?  Only if I get to have mine in a high contrast grey instead of your UGLY green. :p

I used those green screen regularly for over a decade.  Now most of my DMG screens are backlit, yet my Pocket screen remains as it shipped so I can see it outside in sunlight and inside with a little bit of light.  (I pretend the same is true of my Colors, but I just don't have the time, resources and, maybe, skills to do what I want.)

Can Pearl Mouse Grey and Jet Black Aluminium be added to the list now? ;)

I hope good Pandora metal case sales will help us get them for Pyra.  Then I can just shove them in my pocket and not be so worried.

Back