[Multichoice poll] What colour should the Pyra's case be?

Which hues whould you be happy with?

• No hue (black/grey/white)

Votes: 180 78.3%
  • Red

Votes: 76 33.0%
  • Orange

Votes: 26 11.3%
  • Yellow

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Spring green

Votes: 24 10.4%
  • Green

Votes: 25 10.9%
  • Sea green

Votes: 28 12.2%
  • Cyan (sky blue)

Votes: 17 7.4%
  • Pandora blue

Votes: 37 16.1%
  • Blue (Deep blue)

Votes: 77 33.5%
  • Purple

Votes: 43 18.7%
  • Magenta

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • Pinkish red

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • Octarine

Votes: 29 12.6%

• Total voters

Aluminium has a colour, but it isn't a colour.

Grey is a colour (or Gray for them as wants).

Aluminium-coloured means light grey

Aluminium means made from a low-density, highly reactive metal (or metaloid) with atomic number 13.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aluminium has a colour, but it isn't a colour.

Grey is a colour (or Gray for them as wants).

Aluminium-coloured means light grey

Aluminium means made from a low-density, highly reactive metal (or metaloid) with atomic number 13
9006 and 9007: http://www.ralcolor.com/

Do you mean that it isn't commonly thought of as a color like gold, silver and copper, which are also metals?

I am pretty sure these cases will be an alloy, not pure Al.

Actually, transparent aluminum is a real thing, aluminosilicate glass and such. Although i doubt the Pyra would be made of Gorilla Glass.

Actually, transparent aluminum is a real thing, aluminosilicate glass and such. Although i doubt the Pyra would be made of Gorilla Glass.
While transparent aluminum may exist, do we know if any of the materials that have been given that label are what was used in Star Trek?

Well did they ever explain how it was made? There's several different ways of making transparent aluminium, including the fact that sapphires are transparent crystals of aluminium oxide.

Maybe the Touch Screen gould be made out of it. However, I've read that Gorilla Glass does not come in mat and nobody wants a glossy mirror screen onto the Pyra. ^^

It could come with a screen protector that is matte. Then if that gets scratched, you just replace it.

MarioBrosBump-1.jpg

Maybe we can move case color discussions here.

200 votes is pretty good going for a poll on these boards, too.

So the results are probably fairly representative of the surveyable customer-base.

200 votes is pretty good going for a poll on these boards, too.

So the results are probably fairly representative of the surveyable customer-base.
The current renders seem to be going with the results of this poll, so that is a plus.  I see now why so many of us keep saying we want red or blue, as we did back then as well.

So, we have 4 top colors. Black Grey Blue Red. I doubt many want white. Most people what dark Matte metallic and 2 tone.

I said some gloss and metallic, but know I'm not so sure. How dark and what type of each color needs to be answered too.

I'm guessing there will only be 2 cases at first, so one Red and one Black/Grey then blue later?

Not sure about the two colors either. If alternate keyboard was actually red then I would say red game buttons.

When I bumped this I was wondering why, since mottled didn't get much love, it seemed like the prototype case that kinda fits that description did.

Just wondering why you think there might be 2 case colors initially.  Did I miss a post about this somewhere, or are you just hoping?  I do agree with your choices and release order for colors.  Even if red was offered I would probably stick with grey/black.  I know the grey ED has been using has a few people against it, but I kinda hope we get it in that one.

When I bumped this I was wondering why, since mottled didn't get much love, it seemed like the prototype case that kinda fits that description did.
Until I actually saw that picture of the prototype and realised how cool it looked I would never have considered it.   After the thread was bumped I actually deleted my old vote and re-voted specifically so I could add that option to my vote.

-Neelix

Just wondering why you think there might be 2 case colors initially.  Did I miss a post about this somewhere, or are you just hoping?  I do agree with your choices and release order for colors.  Even if red was offered I would probably stick with grey/black.  I know the grey ED has been using has a few people against it, but I kinda hope we get it in that one.
Don't think I like mottled, tbh.
Well, I did say I guess. It just would be weird that not even a small faction wouldn't be a different color.

Maybe if the case was a bit darker, people would like that gray more.

I'm not sure I would have used the term mottled to describe the effect seen on that printed case,  and I'm not sure I would go for a case that truly was what I would consider as "mottled", However "patterned" is the closest descriptor to it on the poll which is why I selected that.

-Neelix

This poll sucks!

If it's spring green, I want it light and matt

If it's sea grean I want it dark and matt or glossy

if it's magenta or purple, I would be happy with either light or dark but probably in matt

if it's going to be two tone, I want to pick those colours and they would obviously be different for each base colour I selected. Same for mottled.

I prefer two tone or mottled and that's what I selected... but if I can't be sure what the second tone is going to be, I would rather we went with a single tone to be safe.

I would have voted for Black as the best option... but how dare you lump grey and white in with that option? I absolutely don't want grey or white.

the absolute WORST option would be a light grey, and that looks like I might want that if I showed my support for black.

Thos poll is skewed and misleading and will result in a poor choice at the end.

Burn it with fire and give us a proper poll!

Back