Let's talk colors!

Actually, that doesn't look half bad^.

Honestly, I want any other colors than what appears to be the most wanted around here, black/grey. Black is the most lifeless and dull color out there for a system to me, I only ever buy a device in blk when it is the ONLY option. I'm no Steve Jobs fan, but I do admire his ideals in regards to life and colors, why should a device be a "dead" color. That orange actually "pops" and looks alive, black is so dull and generic, like a door stop. LOL

Chris

Actually, that doesn't look half bad^.

Honestly, I want any other colors than what appears to be the most wanted around here, black/grey. Black is the most lifeless and dull color out there for a system to me, I only ever buy a device in blk when it is the ONLY option. I'm no Steve Jobs fan, but I do admire his ideals in regards to life and colors, why should a device be a "dead" color. That orange actually "pops" and looks alive, black is so dull and generic, like a door stop. LOL

Chris

I think that black is the most popular colour due to it not distracting from what's on the screen

What's about the thinkpad grey? Must look nice with the Logo lighten up in red.

Yep, I recall apple got all colorful and mini ipad just after Jobs wasn´t around this earth no more.

So do you guys just like not remember the iMac and iBook or something? Steve Jobs was all about a spectrum of case colours for a while, and then just as quickly he wasn't.

Why does everyone pretend like Steve Jobs was some design genius with a singular vision; he changed his mind many times and basically listened to the prevailing narrative that was presented to him by the designers he trusted.

What about matt gold???It's nice

matt_gold_audi_r8_dubai_1.jpg

sexy :) I like how both parts are merging together, seems really more precise and solid than the Pandora case

Everyone has a "this is actually happening" moment. Like, you can plan for something, be well into doing it, but the full weight of it doesn't really settle in. This can happen to different people at different times. Suppose you buy your first house: one person might have this moment the instant they walk in the door to view it, that feeling that this is it, it's going to happen; others might not really feel that until the paperwork has been signed; some others might not even feel it until the key is in their hand and for the first time they step through their front door, and they go "wow, I really did it, I own a house".
That moment, for me, with respect to the Pyra, happened right now. I knew it was going to happen, I knew I was going to buy one, and renderings were all fine and well, but until I saw that plastic case it hadn't really set in: this is ACTUALLY happening, and I'm very excited.

Hey would the action buttons have individual colors? Maybe a bit to late now. But I was playing Super Magnetic Neo on my Dreamcast the other day. That game uses the colors of the buttons to indicate what you should press when you want to interact with something. Maybe if each button had it’s own light that lit up different colors it could be changed according to what emulators. Maybe it can already be done but I just wanted to put the ide out there.

Hey would the action buttons have individual colors? Maybe a bit to late now. But I was playing Super Magnetic Neo on my Dreamcast the other day. That game uses the colors of the buttons to indicate what you should press when you want to interact with something. Maybe if each button had it’s own light that lit up different colors it could be changed according to what emulators. Maybe it can already be done but I just wanted to put the ide out there.

Im fairly certain that they don't have four individual leds underneath the action buttons.

Im fairly certain that they don't have four individual leds underneath the action buttons.
Think it's to late to change that now but there is probably not that big demand for it anyways. Just a thought I had.

Thepinkgamer, I think something like this was discussed a few different times. The problem is there is no universal button color scheme, so one would need to be picked which means colors (or markings, such as ABXY) are wrong for anything that doesn't use them in that order. It isn't as simple as changing things around in the emulator or game because some of us are used to the controls in specific games matching the default for that console, or because changing things around to match what is displayed is not optimal (or possible, as with N64 and other controllers that do things different).

Looking at my dummy main board it looks like there are LEDs near each of those buttons. It still may not be feasible due to the lengths that have been gone to so as to ensure equal lighting across the keymat (white under the mat, silicone designed to direct light to keytops, bossible reflective layer under paint on top of keymat). I am pretty sure there would be a lot of bleeding between individual buttons/LEDs. Also, since it wasn't planned it would mean more waiting for another revision of the board to get RGB LEDs added and everything tested again.

The best bet for something like Super Magnetic Neo is just to remember what color each button should be (look at the screen, not your hands :p (looking at hands is something I still do far too often when typing)).

That clear case is really nice looking. I still think light bleeding out is not worth it, but it is a beauty. Now I am going to admire the pics for the next hour.

Back