Latest update: Keymats are here, how strong will the logo plate be - and pretty cases.

am i banned too?
No. You are doomed to be here all by yourself for all eternity as the rest of us are banned.

Mwahahaha

mwa·ha·ha·ha
/ˈmwähähähä/
exclamation
INFORMAL
exclamation: mwahahaha; exclamation: mwahaha; exclamation: muahahaha; exclamation: muahaha; exclamation: muwahahaha; exclamation: muwahaha; exclamation: buahahaha; exclamation: buahaha; exclamation: bahahaha; exclamation: bahaha
  1. used to represent laughter, especially triumphal or cackling laughter such as that uttered by a villainous character in a cartoon or comic strip.
    "World domination, at last, is at hand. Mwahahaha!"
Origin
12129c03725bcf8c0720e7146f45554c4d41f1e0e48a215f4ef0da4101403b0.png

1980s: imitative, on the pattern of ha ha.

"Very Active Member"
That title only considers total post count, with no regard for how far between those posts are. I've been around awhile.

That said, I posted much more often when the gp2x forum allowed guest posts (posting without an account). I also made a few posts with another joke account (named "FBI").

I guess you could say I have a bipolar posting style, with short manic periods of frequent posts followed by months of quiet lurking.

It took me a while to realize you are SONY, Nintendo. Welcome back!

Reactions: rSl
Deliver the logoplate, but don't assemble it.
That is a great idea. Though failing that, it would be cool to have a logo plate be sent to at least all the pre-orderers. That would be much better than throwing them away. The pre-orderers ordered the Pyra while expecting a logo plate on the Pyra, so they got the disappointment. Receiving a cool Pyra logo plate with the Pyra (even if not attached to it) might ease the disappointment a bit (I know it will for me).

Yeah, I'm sure down the line when things are running smooth, you'll be able to order an empty case without the logo plate attached

That said, I hope that the matte black Pyras sell in enough numbers (5000+?) to justify short ~250-500 case sets runs of 'limited edition accessory cases'.

So, do you think black will be the only "non expensive" case? Worse, do you think it will be the only available color?

PD: I'm fine with matte black. I love it.

So, do you think black will be the only "non expensive" case? Worse, do you think it will be the only available color?

PD: I'm fine with matte black. I love it.
Just being realistic on the math.
Currently 1000 +/- units sold.
Apathy is a thing. Maybe 5% of normal people would go out of their way to order a 2nd case to customize. Maybe 20% of us enthusiasts will. Minimum order quantities on case runs is likely to be at least 200 to bring the price per case into a paletable range. ED is already deep in debt on the project. Nice to haves should wait until there are enough units sold for the project to be able to sustain them. Maybe around 2000 sold?

I can see it happening some day, but for now those matte black cases look awesome.

Leaving a thumbprint sized hole in the back of the lid with an exposed circuit board on it is not a good option IMHO. Trust ED. He has a good plan.
Was that a reaction to me? I'm wondering because I never suggested shipping the Pyra with a hole in the lid. My suggestion was to ship a complete Pyra with the non-metal logo firmly and properly attached to it like ED is planning to do and also including the metal plate in the box as a pre-order bonus. I suggested this because I vaguely remember ED saying that he had already ordered the metal logo's so instead of throwing them away he could just use them as a very small pre-order bonus.

Edit: I guess I misread the post above my post. I thought that with
Deliver the logoplate, but don't assemble it.
he meant to deliver the Pyra with the plastic logo assembled in it but to not assemble the metal plate. Now that I read his post again, I see I was really sloppy with my reading.

Last edited:
Was that a reaction to me? I'm wondering because I never suggested shipping the Pyra with a hole in the lid. My suggestion was to ship a complete Pyra with the non-metal logo firmly and properly attached to it like ED is planning to do and also including the metal plate in the box as a pre-order bonus. I suggested this because I vaguely remember ED saying that he had already ordered the metal logo's so instead of throwing them away he could just use them as a very small pre-order bonus.
Ahh - got it. I thought you were agreeing with mclien in saying that he should leave the hole not assembled - i.e. empty. My misinterpretation.

Back