It's software this time!

Should davesha skip the queue so he can work directly on the Pyra?

• Yes

Votes: 174 99.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Personally I'd be for SX-64 portable color scheme.

commodore-sx-64.jpg
Heeey I have one of these things!

Sounds like a good plan, like i said before, the Lids are the same on any Pyra, expect of the Color, and putting the LCD Cabel through the Hinge Part makes it a bit more divicult than the rest of the Case.., i know there are some diverence to the Pandora, but in the end, the Bottom Part may be just the 2 Boards, the Keymat, and to bring the buttons in correct order...

My Pandora once lyed apart on my floor, and puzzling it back together looked scarry at start, but was nothing you cant do if you have a bit experience whit Kinder Surprise Egg Toys

Nope, that won't change. Dark Chrome and Black will be ready at the same time, but we'll start assembling the lids first, then the rest.
So we'll start assembling 300 black lids and until then, the poll and the needed number of case colors will be ready as well.
Sounds like mixed Dark Chrome and Black cases are also a possibility. :D

let's say... c64g ? :oops:
this model (not the one in the pic) is my go-to c64 i'm playing/listening music on. had to 'retro fit' the older sid chip with an sidfx adapter, of course.

Commodore_C64G_P8.jpg

and now, something completely different. back to.... on-topic! xD
What is this beauty and where has it been all my life !?! :confused:

Edit : now I know about it, and therefore I know which C64 I want when the time comes.

• Love
Reactions: rSl
Heatpipes have been shipped and should arrive next week.
200 cases are coated, so we can start with the assembly soon.

We assemble the first units together with GC so that they will learn how to do it.

Then it's packaging and the manual... and waiting for a proper test- and flash image.. and then it's shipping time.

So if I decide to take a black Pyra, and I’m one of the first 30, dos this means my Pyra become a reality whiting the next 3 Weeks??

Whit best regards, Matthias

Probably not the next three weeks; the lid of your black unit should be one of the one made in the coming weeks, but the bottom half will take a little longer, since ED will need to wait for the heatpipes, then show GC how to install them as they build the bottom parts then connect them together. Maybe dark chrome case parts will be coated while that's going on, I have no idea what their schedule looks like, but it seems like pyra parts are at the head of the wait list already, so I'd expect parts to be coming out more or less every day for a while.

I certainly suspect he doesn't think it suitable as a mainstream colour for mass production, he's already made that decision anyway and is going for pitch black and dark chrome. But I suspect if there's enough serious clamour for it, he might think about doing some for special editions later on.

Back